Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Teenage Acne Problems
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: What works best for cleaning deep within your pores?

scrubbing with soap and water
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
cleaning with astringent
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
using proactiv
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
other derma products
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

NathanDelcambre

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I too had bad acne problems as a teen and couldn't figure out a solution. I had many theories on why I had such bad acne such as puberty, my diet, or the weather. I was well into my teenage years and my acne got worse and worse so i said well if i am going to have acne it can't just be because i'm a teen now. After searching the internet I found out that a lot of teens deal with this same issue. I started to research remedies and use them but nothing seemed to work on my skin. Then I tried to change my diet, I was working at Pizza Hut and I ate pizza 24/7 so that had to change just for health reasons and not just acne. Even eating just salads and high protein meats didn't work or at least my mom told me they were high protein meats. Pimples were still coming and spreading on my body not just my face. At this point I thought it could only be this Louisiana weather the humidity is ridiculous out here. I then came to the realization that I am not Jack Frost so there is no way for me to change the weather and I would have to deal with my situation. I began to take showers more often to try and keep my body clean it actually reduced the amount of acne I had but it did not cure me. As I read more I found out that dirt can be deep in your pores and I need something stronger than soap and water. I even bought things and tried to use them as well but nothing seemed to work until i asked a friend for advice.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
It isn't just about cleaning dirt out of your pores...it is also about killing bacteria.

While I did not have acne as a teen, I did as an adult and it was due to hormonal changes.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 13 year old son who is just starting to have acne. The skin care program I have created for him includes the following:

1. LightStim for acne, to kill the bacteria;
2. Eau Thermale Avene foaming cleanser and mattifying fluid, to decrease sebum production;
3. Neutrogena On-the-Spot benzoyl peroxide treatment for pimples;
4. CeraVe p.m. niacinamide lotion.

So far, the hardest thing is to get him to actually remember to do it. Yes, I'm nagging...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Have u seen a derm?

Have u tried AHA/BHA?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
I have a 13 year old son who is just starting to have acne. The skin care program I have created for him includes the following:

1. LightStim for acne, to kill the bacteria;
2. Eau Thermale Avene foaming cleanser and mattifying fluid, to decrease sebum production;
3. Neutrogena On-the-Spot benzoyl peroxide treatment for pimples;
4. CeraVe p.m. niacinamide lotion.

So far, the hardest thing is to get him to actually remember to do it. Yes, I'm nagging...

ETA: An update - this program is working well for my son so far. He's not completely cleared up yet (mostly because of going on Boy Scout camping trips without his stuff, or forgetting to do the light at home before school) but is hugely improved. I have high hopes!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm suffering one of those too... I had it since i was 13 and i'm now 22. I too thought it was a teen problem but it hasn't cleared up till now. By the way, is acne hereditary? My whole family had it but by the time they turned 18 it dissapeared. Thats part of the reason why i didn't do anything about it till now. I was "waiting it out". Well bad luck, i ended up with a hell lot of scars and more pimples and black heads. And i have large pores too. I don't know what to do. Can someone help me?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I just tried a new to me product called Zyderma.
It is good for acne, eczema and skin irritations.
The product uses silver to kill bacteria all day and can not penetrate your skin, so the product is not toxic for you!

I did a review of their cream for the company and was pleased enough I sent them some before and after photos.
-I did not do my face but only before/after of my elbow and knees.

But for my face I had a couple very stubborn blemishes that were not going away even w cortisone injections done 2 or 3 times in the same spots?
Tanda light worked ok,but still had a couple stubborn blemishes.

Now those couple of blemishes are pretty much almost gone (I just have dark spots there...).

Also the Zyderma cream, surprisingly got rid of a lot of redness I had on my face.
-I had injured my face around 2 years ago and had scraped up my chin and upper lip quite badly and it always looked red no matter what.

Now my skin actually looks healthy.
I can post my review in the correct section with a link to my blog.
-I am not getting any money to write this post, they did send me a extra bottle of their product with my order though Smile

I do wish their cream was cheaper, as it is not the cheapest thing if you use it on more than one body part.

I also tried another product with silver and did not see any result from it.
The Jack Black silver gel- it did not make my skin worse, but it did not improve it in any way.

I was also just at the derm on Tues and asked about the Zyderma cream and had brought in the info I had on it and my derm said that silver is very good for getting rid of bacteria and healing skin.

Also I was looking online and iherb carries a lot of silver products,but I have not tried any from there (don't plan to), but iherb does have good shipping to Canada if you want to try stuff they carry.

---------------------------------
just wanted to add I know for my acne is genetic and hormonal and not from bacteria.
My mother and sister have the same issue and my dad had very oily skin.

I'm in my 30's and still battling some blemishes, my mother is 60.....and same thing!
For the most part my skin does look nice and the comment I hear the most is that my skin is really nice....except for a couple blemishes at my jawline.

I don't have wrinkles or scarring as I use some smoothing products that work well for me.
Olis

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
And by the way, i already went to the derm before too... It worked for the first two months but after that it seems like my face wasn't improving anymore so i stopped. They were basically antibiotics and isotretanion.
Olis

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Ottawa for helping me out. But there is a teeny tiny problem. I'm not from Canada. I'm actually from India. So i'm not sure if Zyderma is available in India. I googled it but i can't seem to find any products by that name here.
havana8

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of Zyderma so thanks for sharing, Ottawa Shopper. It looks like you can try it for free (shipping is extra) by entering the code "HSRELIEF" at the checkout. Here's the link: http://www.zyderma.com Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the headsup on the zyderma, I just ordered some for my son!
$10 shipping to the UK.. not too bad, for a free ounce sample!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I also recently noticed that a lot of the redness from my face is gone Smile

I had a bad fall 2 years ago and had scrapped up my face quite badly and had a lot of redness that was not going away that well and my chin area esp from some earlier breakouts.

And now my skin tone is even!
quite pleased with that.

I'm also finding that using the Zyderma cream on my knees has improved the way they look.

My knees were quite red from some mountain biking scrapes that were quite bad.
Also my dance classes where you do some moves on your knees on a hard floor and that I bruise extremely easily.

Well, my knees were always looking very bright red and inflamed.
Now my knees look half as red I'd say.
hopefully in a couple more weeks my knees will look almost normal I hope...

If you can't find Zyderma there is a brand I saw online called Silvaclear and I tried to email them for ingredients and they have not gotten back to me yet and that was 2+ weeks ago.

I know the active ingredient in Zyderma is Microsilver BG and there is a few other products with that ingredient, but none of them seem very cheap.

I even saw that you can get products for your cat and dog- there is a Microsilver cream for paws and a spray for the pets skin...LOL!

I am tempted to see if the pets paw cream would help my heels that are extremely dry and irritated and always seem to crack very easily.
I did email the company (it is not Zyderma but another Canadian co that makes the pet stuff).

And they did get back to me with ingredients and I have that in a email.

I do remember the pet cream has mineral oil, lemon oil, panthenol, other vitamins.

http://microsilverbg.com/

I can post the ingredients if anyone wants...just got to check my email.
-prob not something I'd want to put on my face,even though I'm sure it could be ok?

I know Pangea organics has lemon or other citrus oils, alcohol and stuff and so I guess it could be ok?

I know you can even buy shampoo for horses now that is sold for humans and same for some other animal creams (those cow creams).
Lilac1

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Cleaning with astringent in my opinion Smile
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Single thing that helped me is the LightStim Blue Acne LED. Only thing that has ever helped and it works for my son as well. In fact he took it with him. It is a Holy Grail product.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Is lightstim the actual brand?

I have the Tanda Zap blue light and it works ok, but I kept trying it on the same 2 stubborn spots on my jawline and it would somewhat help, but they never entirely went away.

Those two blemishes did not get any worse though.
I even tried cortisone injections on those two spots and my skin seemed resistant- unless the derm just did not do a good job?

But I am finding with the Zyderma those spots are actually clearing up, but now I have small dents there and some dark spots (not surprised).
----------------------------------

Here are the ingredients from the pet products.
Had to use that email act, so looked it up:

Ointment:
Benzyl Alcohol
Cetyl Alcohol
Glycerin
Glyceryl Monostearate
Glyceryl Stearate
Lanolin
Lemon Peel Oil
Mineral Oil
Panthenol
PEG-100 Stearate
Silver
Stearic Acid
Triethanolamine
Water

----------------
Spray:
Acrylates Copolymer
Benzyl Alcohol
Caprylic Capric Triglyceride
Ethylhexylglycerin
Glycerin
Lemon Peel Oil
Panthenol
Propylene Glycol
Silver
Sodium Hydroxide
Water
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Yes, LightStim is the company name. It worked wonders for both myself and my son.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will look into it.

I don't want to spend too much more at the moment,but I'll have to read about it first I guess!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I also recently noticed that a lot of the redness from my face is gone Smile

I had a bad fall 2 years ago and had scrapped up my face quite badly and had a lot of redness that was not going away that well and my chin area esp from some earlier breakouts.

And now my skin tone is even!
quite pleased with that.

I'm also finding that using the Zyderma cream on my knees has improved the way they look.

My knees were quite red from some mountain biking scrapes that were quite bad.
Also my dance classes where you do some moves on your knees on a hard floor and that I bruise extremely easily.

Well, my knees were always looking very bright red and inflamed.
Now my knees look half as red I'd say.
hopefully in a couple more weeks my knees will look almost normal I hope...

If you can't find Zyderma there is a brand I saw online called Silvaclear and I tried to email them for ingredients and they have not gotten back to me yet and that was 2+ weeks ago.

Edited mar 2014:
I never heard back from the Silvaclear product.
Not even a generic email, so will not be bothering to deal with them.

I know the active ingredient in Zyderma is Microsilver BG and there is a few other products with that ingredient, but none of them seem very cheap.

I even saw that you can get products for your cat and dog- there is a Microsilver cream for paws and a spray for the pets skin...

Edited to add: it is not the same company that makes Zyderma that makes the pet products.
Just wanted to add also that someone who works for Zyderma asked me to make my post more clear on here as it sounded like it we as the same company that made both products.
While in fact the pet products are made by a different company.

And the pet product co did get back to me with ingredients and I have that in a email.

I do remember the pet cream has mineral oil, lemon oil, panthenol, other vitamins.

http://microsilverbg.com/

I can post the ingredients if anyone wants...just got to check my email.
-prob not something I'd want to put on my face,even though I'm sure it could be ok?

I know Pangea organics has lemon or other citrus oils, alcohol and stuff and so I guess it could be ok?

Also the company that makes Zyderma asked me if I could post the ingredients for the heir product here.
So hopefully that is ok?
If not I will edit this post again:

Zyderma ingredients:
Water, cetaryl olivate, sorbitan olivate, propanediol, silver, xantham gum, benzyl alcohol.

& also want to add that I do not work for Zyderma or any skincare co at all.
I did just do a before and after of my knees for Zyderma and they did send me some product in return.
Also I do get a discount on product I buy, but am still paying for the product I use.

----------------
Right now I'm also on vacation and some lady in my parents condo just asked me what cream I was using on my legs as she though my skin looked much better than last year.
I find that kind of funny as I do not really know this lady and the only thing I've changed is using Zyderma on my knees.

Also finding Zyderma is helping with my sunburn a bit and with my skin being itchy from the pool here.
Maybe other stuff can help also,but I am not near any stores at the moment or else I would pick up a better sunscreen and other items.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Is lightstim the actual brand?

I have the Tanda Zap blue light and it works ok, but I kept trying it on the same 2 stubborn spots on my jawline and it would somewhat help, but they never entirely went away.

Those two blemishes did not get any worse though.
I even tried cortisone injections on those two spots and my skin seemed resistant- unless the derm just did not do a good job?

But I am finding with the Zyderma those spots are actually clearing up, but now I have small dents there and some dark spots.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered my own sample of Zyderma...hope it helps, I've stopped using acne products because they only irritate my skin but, I figure what the hell...lets give this a try lol. I'll report back after I've tried it for a week or so!
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
wow this stuff seems to be doing my skin a world of good : )

Wont stop hormonal breakouts like I get, but it shrinks the acne and seems to prevent new acne from coming up. Its also made my skin softer...really glad I got this.

And side note
I'm allergic to cheap silver, so I tested it out on my hands for a few days first and no problem ^_^
Benette08
5% products discount

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Having acne problems is juts normal when you are in your teen years. You just have to cleanse your face with mild soap, use alcohol-free toner, acne ointment of your choice and of course don't forget to put sunscreen. You may also add to your acne regimen a healthy lifestyle like eating nutritious food and exercising daily. Avoid too greasy foods and dairy products as these may trigger acne breakout.
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Drink enough water, take more fruits.
Stop eating too rich.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |