Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Drinking three litres of water a day…
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Drinking three litres of water a day took TEN YEARS off my face: Sarah, 42, was hoping to solve her headaches and poor digestions… just look what else happened

• One in five women drinks less than the recommended daily intake of water
• Every system and function in our body depends on water...
• Especially because the liquid flushes toxins from vital organs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2480491/How-drinking-litres-water-day-took-years-face.html#ixzz2jcCZ5teQ

Great before and afters and in just 4 weeks. I think I need to start drinking more water! Razz
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Another thing that helps is drinking green smoothies.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely need to drink more water!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
She does look better in the after photos. But, the different lighting is a factor in her improved appearance. Thanks for posting.
moonshyne
5% products discount

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Off to buy a case of water Very Happy I'm seriously going to try this experiment. Hey for anyone else interested, why don't we take before and after pics and post after the four weeks and see the results we get. After seeing that article I'm inspired to try this. I'm pretty sure my skin would greatly benefit (and might lose some weight too!) I don't drink nearly enough water and way too much coffee :/ so this would be a great thing to do for my body and skin.

I suffer the same under eye circles she does and have those same lines so I'd love to see if just upping my h2o intake might help. I'm going to start this tomorrow. I've been meaning to drink more water now I have a great motivation to.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
She must have been pretty dehydrated before her experiment because I can't imaging only peeing 3 times per day!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Taking more water would definately helps. My body skin would smoother if I drinking a lot of water.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:40 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
She must have been pretty dehydrated before her experiment because I can't imaging only peeing 3 times per day!

Yes, me too. Is that considered "normal"?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:

Yes, me too. Is that considered "normal"?

Not in my world!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Not in my world either! I accidentally wore my pedometer to bed at night recently and logged 127 steps to my ensuite bathroom during the night.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I know I need to drink more water.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I drink about 2 liters per day on average plus all that I get from other liquids, fruit, etc.
It helps me to remember by drinking a large amount and then when I have to go it reminds to drink again. So it goes on all day and I go alot! But I work at home so it is a bit easier. My ob/gyn once gave me that tip since I tend to suffer from bladder infections and I do not like to drink water, meh.
I did see a Dr. Oz show where he had female twins do the water experiment over a 3 month period (?/cannot exactly remember how long) and the end result was that you could not tell the difference between which one drank the correct amount of water.
I would be interested to see the results of everyone else.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I paid attention to how much water I drank just at the gym today and it was almost 2 litres! Mind you, I was sweating like the proverbial pig - or should I say slightly glowing in a ladylike manner.

I'd guess I get through minimum 4 litres on days I go to the gym.

Have heard people say they don't like to drink water to avoid too many trips to the bathroom, which I always thought was kind of weird.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I get headaches too when I am dehydrated. Also bc I tend to get more urinary infections it is a must for me. But it is very hard to do bc I tend to get more acid reflux when I drink too much liquid. If I drink smaller sips, I tend to not do it so I prefer to try and drink about 6-8 ounces at a time.
Yes the body definitely does need water.
I should have clarified that the Oz experiment was in answer to an audience members question about the external benefits of drinking water as demonstrated on identical twins. I just walked in as it was on TV and wasn't paying the most attention until the end.
I was surprised bc my skin def shows more stress when it is dehydrated, less glow and more breakouts and my body reacts as well with the headaches, UI, etc.
I don't drink any liquids past 5-6 pm if I can help so that I don't have to get up at night. A good night is sleeping all the way through!
I also try to drink a Gatorade G2 every now and then if I have really been sweating in the Texas humidity or after a Saturday night of margaritas!
Great article Havana and thanks for sharing! I have a goal to drink 3 liters a day now and I will have to post back in four weeks after I finish my personal challenge.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Being well hydrated is absolutely essential to prevent strokes. My mother got a major stroke when she was drinking very tiny amounts of liquid. She most probably had mini-strokes before this. She was also followed by a doctor.
When a person doesn’t drink enough, their blood thickens and clots are formed. After her big stroke, the staff at the hospital managed to not get any liquids in her for days. I read her chart after she almost died of kidney failure : she had one wet diaper in one week’s time. When she entered the hospital, she was lucid, but after the second big hospital-induced stroke, she could no longer respond physically.

The reason that she was so dehydrated is because they were using a syringe to force-feed the liquid food into her mouth.
One of the consquences of a stroke is difficulty swallowing. These people knew nothing about caring for stroke patients. And to top it all, they tried taking her blood every day, diminishing the liquid in her body even more !
So drink enough to keep your blood flowing nicely.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
This is very interesting to me as I drink a lot of tea but not much water and like the woman in the daily mail I get bad headaches and have poor digestion so I may give this a try and if it helps my skin so much the better.

There was a story in the daily mail a few years ago saying drinking more water did nothing for your skin: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1229551/Drinking-water-does-NOT-make-skin-glow-say-nutrition-experts.html

My feeling is that it is probably a very subtle and individual thing that to do with way the body finds its own balance given the right support and might not be mesureable in such a narrow way.

I agree the photography in the before and after uses different lighting (as always in these things) but unlike most things it is a pretty cheap thing to try so why not!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
This was such a timely thread. The day before Havana8 posted it, I had the warning signs of a terrible migraine about to hit (waves of light to the side of my face). My hubby who is always reminding me that I need to drink more water told me to do so yet again as he handed me painkillers to ward it off. It also dawned on my that I had been a little constipated earlier that day as I read the article. Needless to say it really hit home with a thud for me. What's more, my chapped/cracked lips--usually another clue that my hubby has been trying to get me to associate with needing more hydration--were in full force the day this thread started. So this was indeed a godsend.

I didn't have a problem believing the results of the lady in the article in the OP at all for two reasons:

1) To me light doesn't make as huge a difference in photos as people try to make it seem as if it does (I've done experiments of my own face taken in different lighting and I still see the same things regardless of lighting) *shrug* Perhaps adding makeup and Photoshop can make a difference but there are ways to check for Photoshop...which I didn't feel was necessary here since the photos are very believable to me.

2) The lady was clearly extremely dehydrated! Even on days when I didn't drink any other liquid but one cup of coffee and a can of Coke in 24 hours, I peed more than 3 times that day. This lady claimed that drinking 3 liters of water a day made her pee 6 times that day which is still mind-boggling to me. Shock So clearly her cells were thirsting for hydration, and not just in her skin, but her organs as well. Chinese Medicine will tell you that the state of your organs shows up on the surface of your body so it's no wonder her skin was in such poor condition. And since cells are mostly water, any slight improvement in her hydration had to have a dramatic effect on her.

Like a few other posters have said, drinking water does make a difference to the appearance of my skin within days, although part of it might also have to do with the fact that drinking more water means I am drinking less sweet drinks. Still, this thread has inspired me to quit kidding around and to take drinking water more seriously as there are too many good reasons why I should and too much to lose if I don't.

My mom was a water guzzler and she is in her 70's with hardly any wrinkles; some sag, yes but no creases as you'd expect to see. I have always suspected water had something to do with her skin being so beautiful ever since I learned that our muscles are 70% water--because she didn't do anything special for her skin while I and my peers seemed to be constantly in the search for something to make ours beautiful. But I just have never enjoyed the taste of water so never jumped on that bandwagon. Well, what d'you know...but I don't seem to hate water as much anymore. Maybe this thread has a lot to do with that. Laughing

For starters, 3 days later, my now soft-and-smooth (no longer, dry/cracked/flaky) lips thank ye all kindly for all the encouragement/persuasion in this thread.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Marie-Andree, that is a horrific story about your mother. Was this in the UK? I've heard stories like that where old people are left to die of hunger and thirst and lie in their feces for days.

I hope everyone who read that remembers it when they or a loved one have a stroke. You need to be a patient's advocate.

(For some reason there was no Quote link in this thread.)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
my question is; can you flavor the water?If i add a touch of lemon juice and stevia or a little juice w stevia does it still count at water. I know tea and coffee dont count as water intake.Drinking 3 litres a day is hard to do as I have to pee A LOT after that;if I had a toilet attached to my butt it would work though... :lol:Ive been trying to drink 3 liters a day, so far I can only get to 64 ounces...but I work and running to the bathroom....I almost peed my pants a couple times at work.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that is an eye-opening story Marie-Andree! My family genetics run toward strokes so that scared me into drinking more water right there, never mind the skin benefits!
Thanks for sharing!
I do sometimes add a little lemon juice to my water from time to time first thing in the am.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin, this happened in 1992 in the province of Quebec which is perhaps the most backwards Canadian province medicine-wise.
As for my mom, we were as vigilant as we were allowed. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that patients were force-fed. We didn’t know this until we read her chart. We weren’t allowed in the room for feedings.
This is just a smidgen of our mom’s horrible experience at that hospital. It’s no surprise that I take care of my own health, avoiding doctors.
I’m in my early 60s and go trekking up mountains as well as snowshoeing. We helped move my daughter a few years ago from a 4th floor apartment to a condo. A friend of my eldest daughter told her that she couldn’t believe that my husband and I were having races going back up to the apartment. You live only once.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
This is very interesting to me as I drink a lot of tea but not much water and like the woman in the daily mail I get bad headaches and have poor digestion so I may give this a try and if it helps my skin so much the better.

There was a story in the daily mail a few years ago saying drinking more water did nothing for your skin: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1229551/Drinking-water-does-NOT-make-skin-glow-say-nutrition-experts.html

My feeling is that it is probably a very subtle and individual thing that to do with way the body finds its own balance given the right support and might not be mesureable in such a narrow way.

I agree the photography in the before and after uses different lighting (as always in these things) but unlike most things it is a pretty cheap thing to try so why not!

I don't drink any water at all - in fact, I've never been a cold beverage drinker (except wine!). But I drink gallons of tea. Because I feel guilty about not drinking pure water, I've done a fair bit of research on the value of drinking tea instead - and everything I've read points to the fact that it counts to your fluid intake in the same way as pure water - plus you get the anti-oxidants from the tea.

I think as long as your urine is not too dark, you should be ok.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Drinking more and more water, it will help. Less chances of skin problem occur. i used to drink more & more water a day.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I don't drink any water at all - in fact, I've never been a cold beverage drinker (except wine!). But I drink gallons of tea.

I'm a big tea drinker as well (with an occasional coffee) but during exercise sessions I will only ever drink water (bottled from the tap!).
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
The lighting is completely different in the two shots though - harsh overhead lighting in the before + soft diffuse lighting in the after.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |