Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What did I do to shrink my bulbous nose?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
If the nose is consisting of hard collagen that was being form from wrong habits,then pretty muchc the kneading method plus avoidance of those habits will result in smoother collagen thus finer nose.As simple as that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Panos, do you make this stuff up as you go? How can you give advice on stuff you have no clue about? You are still telling people to massage their noses when a few posts above it was clear you had no clue what you were talking about because you wanted Deb to come and advise us if that would work, yet you see nothing wrong with recommending something you yourself haven't seen work. You take a tip you are given for one part of the body different from the nose and recommend it be used the nose without really knowing how that will work. How can you be at peace with taking people's trust for granted and sending them on a wild goose chase? You don't even try to give a disclaimer that lets the person know you are not speaking from a point of certainty. Instead you try to sound so sure of yourself but you really are just guessing as one can see from the two different explanations you have given for the same problem. Tomorrow it won't be undigested protein or fat or hard collagen but maybe cooked veggies.

I refused to believe you really meant to write that indigested food collects at the tip of the nose. Was sure a virus had taken over your PC or something. But I was wrong. Clearly science is not your forte.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
i am sorry but you need rhinoplasty reduce the width plus lots of hard tissue cartilage cutting. and sorry it cost more than 2k, i did mine for 5600usd in korea.. i think in the usa will cost more..

there is no other methods than rhinoplasty..
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Nonie

There is a therapy for balding called detumescence which basically is the kneading method described here and from Deb Crowley.

The paper says exaclty what Deb Crowley says aka accumulated fat ,fibrous tissues aka hypoxic enivroment with less than optimal blood circulation.

at the nose and the sides of the nostrils MOST of the people have clogged sebum.Which suggest an enviroment where things dont move freely.
Personally i have seen results with this method when it comes to finer and smoother nose.But when you feel that the area is now cleaner one SHOULD STOP.

All i am saying is acid forming diet and habits(staying in room with high CO2,toxins from city water,bad breathing habits etc) leads to all sort of bad stuff including accumulation of hard mud on the enviroment around the cells.

PSS Even if we figure out our acidic diet,we must also fight the acid in our thoughts.

All the best

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Nonie

There is a therapy for balding called detumescence which basically is the kneading method described here and from Deb Crowley.

The paper says exaclty what Deb Crowley says aka accumulated fat ,fibrous tissues aka hypoxic enivroment with less than optimal blood circulation.

at the nose and the sides of the nostrils MOST of the people have clogged sebum.Which suggest an enviroment where things dont move freely.
Personally i have seen results with this method when it comes to finer and smoother nose.But when you feel that the area is now cleaner one SHOULD STOP.

All i am saying is acid forming diet and habits(staying in room with high CO2,toxins from city water,bad breathing habits etc) leads to all sort of bad stuff including accumulation of hard mud on the enviroment around the cells.

PSS Even if we figure out our acidic diet,we must also fight the acid in our thoughts.

All the best

Panos, you must be one of those people Einstein was talking about when he said a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You toss words left right and center to sound like you know what you are talmbout but you really only know half the story and most times totally got the wrong end of the stick.

Detumescence Therapy that you just introduced us to is massaging the scalp to increase hair growth and one study that was done to see if reducing the thickness of the scalp affected hair growth is found here:

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

As would be expected, massaging the scalp unclogged hair follicles so "grease" was released. But it isn't so much this "side effect" as it is the increased circulation and it seems thinner scalp that led to hair growth and which was the focus of the study and its conclusion. But you wanted so much to believe massage gets rid of fat that you have married sebum release with subcutaneous fat release (lipolysis?) and called it genius like Kanye.

Now you told us bulbous noses are due to fat. That is only one of the causes. A big cartilage, many sebaceous glands, soft cartilage that doesn't support the nose but lets it just spread and simply thick skin can all be the reasons for a bulbous nose. Oh and we just learned up thread, rhinophyma due to rosacea is on that list too. So with so many possible factors, how can you prescribe one remedy when you don't even know what exactly is causing the enlargement? And don't tell tales and say you have seen noses get small from massage, because if you had you would not have been calling out to Deb to help clarify things for you about this massage. You would be sure about the suggestion and better yet, would produce receipts--something you never do when telling tall stories. We are just supposed to take your word for it? Dude please!

So would massage have any effect on the possible causes above? It will not reduce the number of sebaceous glands if they are the reason for the size of nose. Even if massage broke or softened the cartilage as you say it can, you'd just end up with a soft bulbous and maybe deformed nose. To remove the subcutaneous fat, I think you would need some type of machine to break down the localized fatty fibrous tissue (lipolysis?) so blood can take it away because I doubt massaging your nose will cut it. And even if massage could work for one of these causes, how can you know to do it when you don't know which one you are dealing with?

At one point you mentioned the lymphatic system being clogged. Now you may have been onto something with this! Because if lymph flow is affected in any way (bad diet, stress, lack of exercise) then it means toxins cannot be moved to the elimination sites and the congested from that lead to fluid build up in tissues since it cannot be absorbed by the clogged lymphatic system. That will indeed cause swelling. Now where you screwed up is when you seemed to imply that the protein that can clog the lymphatic system is from eggs people eat ("if a person eats the wrong foods and especially concentrated-protein foods(such as eggs and meats) on a daily basis. This accumulated protein debris is being stored as hard rock/limeinto the lymphs") and I am not reaching here or guessing what you meant because in your previous post you did tell us that undigested food accumulates on the nose. You totally seem not to understand how the body works and that the protein you might have read about as being in lymph is not food protein but waste from tissues. Undigested food cannot be assimilated into the blood and passed to the lymph fluid so that it ends up on your nose!

Back to sluggish lymph flow, it can cause swelling, we agree on that.... And conventional wisdom is that one way to fix lymphatic system congestion is with lymphatic massage, right? But because lymphatic massage involves stimulating lymph nodes, since there are no lymph nodes near or in the nose, massaging the nose will have no effect on encouraging lymph flow. You will just end up with a temporary swollen as the doctors said.

Then you wrote this: "The thin persons expel most of the food from lungs,lymphs and finally skin." What makes you a scary individual is how you can write like this and then in the same breath state a fact (eg toxins are stored in fat in overweight people making it hard for blood to receive them to eliminate them--TRUE) then punctuate that fact with a claim which *I* know for sure is not true, namely, "[fat people] have bowel more bowel movements[...]" [than thin people]. Image

Anyway, I suspect you will be back to "educate me" and show me "where I'm wrong" as you always do, but let me spare you the trouble by telling you that I'm done with this thread so will not be reading. If I never see another discussion of bulbous noses again in my life, it will be too soon.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Nonie even if i reply i cant help your situation.
You are stuck in resistance and all of this, causes to you a great energy and vibrational loss which you could have used in a more creative way than trying to prove i am a fool.

Whatever you say the cure to all kind of things is BLOOD CIRCULATION-red blood cells.

But the blood has to be clean.So if you eat crap and you promote blood circulation then crap will go to the areas you promote blood circulation.Toxins will go there.Causing all kind of problems.
Simplicity itself.

Another simple fact for you .You havent seem to grasp the context of transmutation of elements.Food transmutates inside the body.It is being burned!By heat it becomes air and liquid so it is being detoxified through the skin.PERIOD.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
benzerbru wrote:
So I hate my nose. I have a bulbous tip and I'm not getting rhinoplasty to fix it. It's a risk and I don't have a spare 2 grand Rolling Eyes

However over time there have been periods on and off when I've been told by family members. "Oh your nose has shrunk"

I'm wondering what I did to shrink it? Was it due to my diet or could it have been because I had, had the flu and spent a period of time, squeezing my nose and exercising it because of myself having a runny nose?

Does anyone else here have a bulbous tip and do you know things that have made it shrink?

thanks in advance Smile

Benzerbru, my post got sort of got lost in between the differing opinions about blood and clean noses etc. Anyway, my daughter is transgender and at the age of 20 started taking estrogen along with anti-antrognes which block testosterone. Her nose started out quite large and she was worried that she might need to downsize her nose to look more feminine. Within a year of taking estrogen her nose shrank and became much more feminine. Now at one and a half years on estrogen her nose it beautiful and small, her face soft and feminine as well. Amazing! I don't know why this made her nose so much smaller but it did.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 am      Reply with quote
lagay wrote:
A cheaper, but really weird alternative is using something called nose secret (google it) -- basically you put tabs up your nostril to make it skinny and pointy. It works ... until you pop them out. I've not personally tried them, but it seems more hassle than it's worth.

And if your nose really bothers, honestly, just either accept it best you can or start saving for a nose job. Those, as far as I can see, are your only two options. Nothing else will give you the kind of results you are looking for. There's no shame in plastic surgery--I consider it no worse than (and just as expensive as) braces! Just ... a tad more risky is all!

Most doctors should let you have a payment plan with no interest if you ask.
My dentist did that for Invisalign and also many credit cards have 1% interest for a year offers (I get tons from my card Smile

-and I see nothing "wrong" with putting your purchase on there as long as you pay a large part of it every month.

I did that for most of the furniture in my house and also recently for a dance studio membeship (had borrowed $1,200 on one card to prepay....)

This is only good if you can put those cards aside and not use them.
I also try not to buy too many "extra" things while out (like no tea,coffee,bring myown snacks..actually I prefer my own teas,they are healthier too).
lagay
5% products discount

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Most doctors should let you have a payment plan with no interest if you ask.
My dentist did that for Invisalign and also many credit cards have 1% interest for a year offers (I get tons from my card Smile

-and I see nothing "wrong" with putting your purchase on there as long as you pay a large part of it every month.

This is a great suggestion! I remember an interview with Lisa Kudrow, who mentioned that a nose job in her teens was the best decision she ever made. If you don't have body dysmorphia (in which case, seeing a mental health professional is in order) that is .... plastic surgery will never help those with a distorted body image.
benzerbru
5% products discount

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
Benzerbru, my post got sort of got lost in between the differing opinions about blood and clean noses etc. Anyway, my daughter is transgender and at the age of 20 started taking estrogen along with anti-antrognes which block testosterone. Her nose started out quite large and she was worried that she might need to downsize her nose to look more feminine. Within a year of taking estrogen her nose shrank and became much more feminine. Now at one and a half years on estrogen her nose it beautiful and small, her face soft and feminine as well. Amazing! I don't know why this made her nose so much smaller but it did.

I've read up on that and it seems like it'd probably work...

Problem is I don't think developing breasts and becoming impotent would be a worthy sacrifice Sad
brasscupcakes

Sat May 24, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have a very bulbous nose. It was formerly very large so in my thirties I finally had a nose job. They made it smaller, for sure -- but successful rhinoplasty has a lot to do with how thick your skin is and how well it drapes.
Now the end looks even larger than when it was hawkish.
There's no doubt I chose my surgeon poorly, contributing to the result, but the skin issue is very real according to the best of surgeons.
Nose jobs are always 'iffy' -- the percentage of people who get them re-done or want to is over a third. And of course, the second time around can make it worse. I'd need a tip graft for sure.
For the time being, I am using a very strong cortisone cream on it, because cortisone thins the skin. I think it's marginally thinner.
btw -- those closepin-style nose-clips made my bulbous tip bigger. Thank goodness it was temporary.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
lagay wrote:
A cheaper, but really weird alternative is using something called nose secret (google it) -- basically you put tabs up your nostril to make it skinny and pointy. It works ... until you pop them out.

I think Judy Garland wore that in films because the studio heads didn't like the way her nose photographed. Those Hollywood makeup artists knew every trick!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:

my daughter is transgender and at the age of 20 started taking estrogen along with anti-antrognes which block testosterone. Her nose started out quite large and she was worried that she might need to downsize her nose to look more feminine. Within a year of taking estrogen her nose shrank and became much more feminine.

Interesting. I don't find men with small noses attractive. Must be an intuitive thing, sensing they have less testosterone.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |