Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Supplements to improve skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
So in my research over the last year i have found a complete list of supplements to take, which include, but not limited to

Vit. C
Vit. B
MSM-
Astaxanthin
Hyaluronic Acid
Collagen
Fish Oil
CoQ10
Cayenne, Cocoa, Green Tea
Various Herbs
Silica

I was wondering if anyone has used these and helped there skin, or if they know of anymore

Thanks
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Astaxanthin definitely helped my skin be less sensitive to the sun. Even with sunscreen, sometimes on vacation I would get color. When taking this, I did not.

I noticed no skin benefits from MSM, green tea. or omegas/fish oil. Green tea did help energy level though.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:38 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Astaxanthin definitely helped my skin be less sensitive to the sun. Even with sunscreen, sometimes on vacation I would get color. When taking this, I did not.

I noticed no skin benefits from MSM, green tea. or omegas/fish oil. Green tea did help energy level though.

How much astaxanthin did you take?
katiedid

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:16 am      Reply with quote
One of my friends takes vitamin A and she swears it's improved her skin. She does this under the direction of a naturalpath, though, because vitamin A is one of the ones you don't want to take too much of.

I tried to link to webmd's article about safe dosages of it, but I'm too new, so the website won't allow me to. Sad But webmd has a good article about it if you're interested.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 am      Reply with quote
The hubby and I take all of those but I leave out the MSM and silica as it tends to break me out. I add in Coconut oil and Vitamin A. He adds in the Maca and he swears by Cayenne!
I just added in Turmeric a few days ago, which is supposed to help with rosacea and arthritis.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I dont take astaxanthin only because, i hear it can turn your skin red, and im trying to get my skin tone as light as possible, although its supposed to be an amazing antioxidant
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
katiedid wrote:
One of my friends takes vitamin A and she swears it's improved her skin. She does this under the direction of a naturalpath, though, because vitamin A is one of the ones you don't want to take too much of.

I tried to link to webmd's article about safe dosages of it, but I'm too new, so the website won't allow me to. Sad But webmd has a good article about it if you're interested.

How much vitamin A did she take?
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I can vouch for the astaxanthin. It's been studied at 6 mg a day (I take 8mg a day myself)and it's fantastic imo.

I've never had a problem with it darkening or reddening my skintone at 8 mg a day for longer than a year. I think astax. combined with eating plenty of salmon for 4 days in row lightened my skin a bit.

Actually...just go right ahead and the salmon and forget about pills. There's astaxanthin and selenium in salmon and I always look like a million bucks the morning after I eat it for dinner. Lol.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Chlorophyll wrote:
I can vouch for the astaxanthin. It's been studied at 6 mg a day (I take 8mg a day myself)and it's fantastic imo.

I've never had a problem with it darkening or reddening my skintone at 8 mg a day for longer than a year. I think astax. combined with eating plenty of salmon for 4 days in row lightened my skin a bit.

Actually...just go right ahead and the salmon and forget about pills. There's astaxanthin and selenium in salmon and I always look like a million bucks the morning after I eat it for dinner. Lol.

You might also want to check out raw sockeye salmon oil. It has a little astaxanthin along with vitamin A, vitamin D, and omega 3s.

I know of two companies that sell it:
http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=126&idcategory=748

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/north-american-herb-spice-polarpower-8-fl-oz-liquid

My personal preference, though, would be the Vital Choice one.
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know bout astaxanthin studies show it's really beneficial for skin I may have to try
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

How much astaxanthin did you take?

I take 4mg/day. I did not notice any skin color changes. I'm fair, so it would show up. Applying the oil topically WILL make your skin look orange as it soaks in, but it's just temporary.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I take 12 mg of Astaxathin everyday. I also take 1 Heliocare with Lycopene. If I haven't had my green smoothie I will take a Lutein supplement.

I feel that most of the nutrients for better skin can be obtained from food.
katiedid

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

How much vitamin A did she take?

She said she took 2500IU, but her dr did bloodwork before hand so I don't know if that amount would be the same for everyone. I think he also followed up with her every few months. She did say, though, that it really helped her.
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I heard silica is supposed to really increase collagen and improve fine lines
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hawkman564 wrote:
I heard silica is supposed to really increase collagen and improve fine lines

That might depend on what kind of silica you took.

I heard that some forms are better than others.
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I take biosil
naturebella
5% products discount

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I find juicing every morning with carrots, cucumbers, romaine, parsley, ginger and fennel has done more for my skin than any vitamin pill. Sometimes I even put the juice on my face like a mask as all those vitamins are great for the skin inside and outside!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:08 am      Reply with quote
naturebella wrote:
I find juicing every morning with carrots, cucumbers, romaine, parsley, ginger and fennel has done more for my skin than any vitamin pill. Sometimes I even put the juice on my face like a mask as all those vitamins are great for the skin inside and outside!

You might be interested in the following thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35013&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=05b1a8f72b1b9f7f19b200b8d05b8cce
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I mainly take supplements for my health. The rationale being that my skin, hair and nails will reflect my health. I take the following sups:

- Green superfood drink (contains vits A,C,D,E,K, probiotics and enzymes)
- Chlorella
- B complex (hair skin and nails)
- Vitamin C
- Mineral complex
- Fish oils
- Magnesium
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Though I eat a lot of different colored vegies everyday (mostly raw or steam) and all that stuff, the only supplement I take is 1 multi-vitamin a day. Don't take any other health supplements....
frognkisses
5% products discount

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
When my husband started taking pycnogenol it noticeably tightened up his face.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
frognkisses wrote:
When my husband started taking pycnogenol it noticeably tightened up his face.

How much pycnogenol did he take?
Glitvain

Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:24 am      Reply with quote
How much does it cost?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Depends where u buy it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:36 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Depends where u buy it!

fawnie,

What are some of your most trusted suppliers?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |