Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
12 Day Microcurrent Challenge
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for being honest Christine. I appreciate it but in my opinion that doesn't make you completely unbiased. It has been proven in many studies when you get something for free you are much more likely to rate it higher.

I'm sure if you do some training videos for them they will be much better then what Pico has now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Ok, don't hate me...They sent them to me gratis. I might be doing some training videos for them. (Heck, I already am, in a way). The spa I work for might start to carry them. So far I like them. The glove quality beats the pants off the Chinese pairs I have. I do feel really amped up after using them, so I'll probably have to do it first thing in the morning. I've only used them 3 times on myself and once on my sister. I'm trying to abstain from all microcurrent and other facial gadgets for a month (killing me!) so I can start a new mc challenge with the Pico.

Thank you for clarifying; please dont take it the wrong way but I dont think ur reviews of pico can be considered unbiased... u n ur spa would benefit directly with increase in pico sales due to rave reviews....

It's ok. I don't take it personally. I don't think many spa goers from Carmel, Indiana are on here ( where I work) so don't think it would make much difference.

I am very curious, though, about this "second generation microcurrent". Maybe I'm jaded ( no pun intended as that's the name of my fave mc machine) but microcurrent is microcurrent to me. (Even Bio Therpeutic's special "Susuki Sequencing" results don't seem to last longer or be better than my Jade mc machine's) But I have seen Toby's before and afters and they are compelling. So we will see with my Pico challenge. Although I'm wondering if it's even necessary, as so many EDSers seem to be raving about their results already.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Although I'm wondering if it's even necessary, as so many EDSers seem to be raving about their results already.

u mean, Toby, sistersweats ( both went to Emmy's to represent Pico), Aprile, PQ.. and who else did I miss????

And what about the reviews of several 100% dissatisfied pico buyers ( EDS members) who want to sell their device cause it did nada for em!
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Although I'm wondering if it's even necessary, as so many EDSers seem to be raving about their results already.

u mean, Toby, sistersweats ( both went to Emmy's to represent Pico), Aprile, PQ.. and who else did I miss????

Yes, them. Plus one of the many ways I do research before I bring in a new treatment for my practice is by seeing the response it gets here. If the thread is super looooong (hello, pico toners) I look into it. I also did dermarolling because of the stir it caused here. (I don't do it anymore. Too bloody, and I don't like causing clients pain)

Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:

Yes, them. Plus one of the many ways I do research before I bring in a new treatment for my practice is by seeing the response it gets here. If the thread is super looooong (hello, pico toners) I look into it. I also did dermarolling because of the stir it caused here. (I don't do it anymore. Too bloody, and I don't like causing clients pain)

Christine

I guess u choose only the positive responses in your decision making process in this case! Hope it works out for you.
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Christine

I guess u choose only the positive responses in your decision making process in this case! Hope it works out for you.

Well, I read the whole thread. Every face is so different. I have to have a lot of tools. When I go to the esthetics shows, it's ridiculous. So much new stuff, machines, products, massage methods etc etc etc. so I know how lost someone could feel just starting out on here. So now, before I invest in a new modality, I see if anyone is doing it here. Or something close to it.

To tell you the truth, it a crap shoot, really. I bought a Microphototherapy machine and my clients went wild for it. Many got really good results, yet I don't see that machine discussed here at all. It's a class 1 device so anybody can acquire it.

But, daler, I take it you didn't get good results with microcurrent?

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Ok, don't hate me...They sent them to me gratis. I might be doing some training videos for them. (Heck, I already am, in a way). The spa I work for might start to carry them. So far I like them. The glove quality beats the pants off the Chinese pairs I have. I do feel really amped up after using them, so I'll probably have to do it first thing in the morning. I've only used them 3 times on myself and once on my sister. I'm trying to abstain from all microcurrent and other facial gadgets for a month (killing me!) so I can start a new mc challenge with the Pico.

I definitely appreciate your honesty here, and agree completely with Cookie that any training videos from you would probably be a huge asset for Neurotris. And any advice you share with the current EDS Pico owners will also be a big benefit.

While the above relationship definitely does make you biased, I think the benefits for EDS will ultimately outweigh the negatives. People are buying the product with less than stellar support today, so this will help members take results to the next level and that is a good thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Christine

Well, I read the whole thread. Every face is so different. I have to have a lot of tools. When I go to the esthetics shows, it's ridiculous. So much new stuff, machines, products, massage methods etc etc etc. so I know how lost someone could feel just starting out on here. So now, before I invest in a new modality, I see if anyone is doing it here. Or something close to it.

To tell you the truth, it a crap shoot, really. I bought a Microphototherapy machine and my clients went wild for it. Many got really good results, yet I don't see that machine discussed here at all. It's a class 1 device so anybody can acquire it.

all the pico push turned me away from trying it... n then all those members wanting to sell their pico cause they didnt achieve any results claimed by others..and t fact that pico is not cheap, $600 n no returns.... how can a plastic case carrying a battery cell n some MC producing system cost as much as an iphone..
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Christine

Christine - In your business that makes perfect sense. Yes - it is research!!! Actually most of us do that... heck that's why we're on EDS - I've learned about so many products due to following popular threads. It's so nice when people share results and help each other.

Case in point: AALS - that thread has been going for years. I can't imagine the number of us who bought one due to that thread and still like it and use it. And now look at the Squoom thread. We are given fantastic opportunity to hear about others experiences and gels etc. It's all good.

I for one, am excited to follow your Pico results Christine. Thank you. I know you will be observant and can do comparisons since you are experienced with a few machines.
I do love my Pico toner (as everyone knows! Laughing ) My own results are getting close to Toby's. My New Years Eve friends from last night wanted to know my new secrets.
For the record I paid a full $595.00 for my unit. I was thrilled to share my results at the Emmy event. Quite an honor. I spoke my truth and happy to do it. If the AALS people wanted me to tell my experience I'd do it. Likewise for any product I use - good or bad. Heck maybe I'll just start a blog. Laughing

Also - - If you need info on Second generation I might be able to help if you are interested.

Sis

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Yes, them. Plus one of the many ways I do research before I bring in a new treatment for my practice is by seeing the response it gets here. (I don't do it anymore. Too bloody, and I don't like causing clients pain)
Christine

all the pico push turned me away from trying it... n then all those members wanting to sell their pico cause they didnt achieve any results claimed by others..and t fact that pico is not cheap, $600 n no returns.... how can a plastic case carrying a battery cell n some MC producing system cost as much as an iphone..

That's true! That's what I'm wondering. When I do the challenge I'll post before and afters, and we can compare to the photos from my Jade machine results.

But I see your point. It's expensive. And microcurrent is tricky. You really have to know the facial anatomy as well as your machine. Placement is so important. As is persistence.

At work, I have clients who will go to get microcurrent from another esty (there are 8 of us) because they couldn't get on my schedule (I work there part time). Next thing I know they are back on my schedule because they didn't feel their face was "as worked out" by the others. I never do just the company protocol because microcurrent is not one size fits all. I'm always tweaking the treatment to get the results the client wants.

girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Yes, them. Plus one of the many ways I do research before I bring in a new treatment for my practice is by seeing the response it gets here. If the thread is super looooong (hello, pico toners) I look into it. I also did dermarolling because of the stir it caused here (I don't do it anymore. Too bloody, and I don't like causing clients pain).
Christine

Christine - In your business that makes perfect sense. Yes - it is research!!! Actually most of us do that... heck that's why we're on EDS - I've learned about so many products due to following popular threads. It's so nice when people share results and help each other.

Case in point: AALS - that thread has been going for years. I can't imagine the number of us who bought one due to that thread and still like it and use it. And now look at the Squoom thread. We are given fantastic opportunity to hear about others experiences and gels etc. It's all good.

I for one, am excited to follow your Pico results Christine. Thank you. I know you will be observant and can do comparisons since you are experienced with a few machines.
I do love my Pico toner (as everyone knows! Laughing ) My own results are getting close to Toby's. My New Years Eve friends from last night wanted to know my new secrets.
For the record I paid a full $595.00 for my unit. I was thrilled to share my results at the Emmy event. Quite an honor. I spoke my truth and happy to do it. If the AALS people wanted me to tell my experience I'd do it. Likewise for any product I use - good or bad. Heck maybe I'll just start a blog. Laughing

Also - - If you need info on Second generation I might be able to help if you are interested.

Sis

Thank you, SS! The owner is going to teach me but I haven't spoken to him again. If you have anything on your computer you could forward I'd appreciate it. Christine.byer@gmail.com

daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Christine, honestly, u r a pleasure to talk to, very patient I must say!

and u do have a good reputation here, many look upto you when it comes to MC advice... however pico has destroyed reputations of some long time eds members so please please be 100% unbiased in your reviews...TIA
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
We all agree ... I am sure Christine has honor and the ability to evaluate as a professional. She has no reason to make things up and to even question that is an insult to her integrity and others with integrity.
It is a known fact that people believe or say things about others that are really true about themselves. There are people who would lie or stretch the truth and they assume the same is true of others. When you listen to what some people say about other people you really get the idea of who they are, especially negative things.

As far as bias: I've seen you tubers who evaluate products given to them for FREE and they don't like them and say so.
Christine did not say they are selling the product in their shop at this point. Unless I missed it. I would suspect if she felt it was a good product and valuable for her clients she would then want the shop to sell them.
Why in the world would anyone want to sell or promote things they thought were junk.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Why in the world would anyone want to sell or promote things they thought were junk.

ever tried nono? I did, piece of trash.. returned it for 100% refund at sephora... but if u watch their infomercials u ll think that nono is the best thing that ever happened to hair removal!

so your quoted comment is a pretty naive one..
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

ever tried nono? I did, piece of trash.. returned it for 100% refund at sephora... but if u watch their infomercials u ll think that nono is the best thing that ever happened to hair removal!

Excuse me? You're confused.

I'm talking about Christine who's reputation is on the line for products she wants to sell in the salon she represents. You are inferring that she would throw any old thing in there and talk it up. No way Jose'.

You can't compare that to NoNo's company sponsored informercials. Of course they are going to rave about a product they manufacture.

If Christine's company sells junk in their salon it reflects poorly on their business and on their integrity and ability to choose good merchandise for their clients. I'd give her credit for understanding that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood Sister Sweets' point but I think what she meant is that if Christine was not happy with Pico, for her own reputation's sake and that of the clinic she works in, she would probably not promote it or want to sell it. Especially when she already has other products that already work well for her clients.

With the No No infomercials, it is the makers of the product or people paid by them selling it. Not some other company putting their credibility on the line for the sake of No No. Even TV stations make a point of stating clearly that they have no part in the promotions shown in infomercials because the last thing they need is any bad rap from negative experiences people may have from the products.

ETA: Excuse my redundant post. After submitting, I realized that Sis had already explained herself. Embarassed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie - that's right. I thought it was pretty obvious! But then you're a smart cookie...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sephora sells nono, they r not the manufacturers of it.. does Sephora truly believes nono works?

Nonie, u r welcome to pm me, i m not carrying on this discussion here anymore, for now.. I said what I wanted to...
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:29 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
We all agree ... I am sure Christine has honor and the ability to evaluate as a professional. She has no reason to make things up and to even question that is an insult to her integrity and others with integrity.
It is a known fact that people believe or say things about others that are really true about themselves. There are people who would lie or stretch the truth and they assume the same is true of others. When you listen to what some people say about other people you really get the idea of who they are, especially negative things.

As far as bias: I've seen you tubers who evaluate products given to them for FREE and they don't like them and say so.
Christine did not say they are selling the product in their shop at this point. Unless I missed it. I would suspect if she felt it was a good product and valuable for her clients she would then want the shop to sell them.

Well, I can think of thousand reasons why, like being polite, hoping to stay in good terms with the vendor, money, money, money in various forms and shapes. This is a business as usual,normal commercial world.
If it wasn't for the benefit, why on earth you guys are singing praises for Pico message after message. If it was just about sharing how happy you are, one or two time a praise would be more than plenty, everything on top of it is promotion and seeking commercial benefits.
Any claim against above would be an insult to our intelligence.
For Caroline, I am definitely positive that you will see some good results from the Pico test, may be even excellent results. It does not mean the product works, it only means it works for you and you only. If one wants to show that the device works, one need to produce statistically relevant and unbiased (with control group)comparison, but that is money. It is way more cheaper promotion to give the device to a few skin-health interested members who can then start doing the marketing work very actively and bringing the product name wherever and whenever possible. Again, there is nothing wrong with it, it is just a normal consumer marketing technique.
All women magazines are full with the adds of cosmetics, claiming that 78% of the tester experienced substantial reduction of wrinkles after having used the cream for 28 days. Now, if you look carefully at the small print you noticed that the test group was 16 women. How on earth can anyone make any statistical claims based on such a small cohort? To place an add in a magazine is more than a few thousand bucks, now for this money many Picos can be give for free or at a reduced cost (or some other arrangements) and get a tsunami of positive praises. I can only say that the marketing of Pico is really smart (from a professional point of view i mean). My congratulations to them.

Light
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I for one am happy that Christine might be making a training video for the Pico, if she thinks it's effective. She knows her business. The 2 videos put out by Neurotris are not helpful.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 am      Reply with quote
The Pico doesn't appear to be sold on Amazon and I didn't see a shopping cart option on the Neurotris website.

Do consumers primarily buy them from company reps?

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:57 am      Reply with quote
sorry, posted too soon, just noted on another thread that Pico has a separate sales site.

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:38 am      Reply with quote
In response to some of what light said. We shouldn't confuse 'small business' with large companies and corporations.
Of course nothing works for everyone - isn't that obvious?
Christine will determine by virtue of her experience and professionalism what is worthwhile for a 'majority' of clients for a small company. She's not in it for the things that light mentions. Or maybe I just don't think that way. To me that's another world entirely. If nono or some company tells me their product is fab I look elsewhere for actual results and reviews etc. And I look hard.

If any of you read many of the threads.....Lightstim,Satetox,Facial Exercises,Sqoom,Ultrasound,Copper Peptides,.....on any given thread people who love products and devices ...are raved about over and over again. ....if it works we women tell the world about it.. (men not so much. Laughing ) I've shared with numerous friends my successes. My friend on NYE wanted to know my newest stuff - she says I get younger looking everytime she sees me. We always spend New Years together and sometimes don't see each other for months at a time. Isn't it nice to know what you're doing is having an effect worth mentioning. Anyone who spends time on EDS man or woman understands the constant praise because something works in a world where lots of things don't! That's why peeople tune in here - to learn. Noone forces anyone to buy or use anything. We are all big girls and boys. I evaluate and make my own decision. I sold my STOP because it wasn't my cup of tea - someone else may love it and far be it from me to criticize or try to negate their positive use of the product. Good for them, is what I say!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow, a lot of activity recently.

Daler, I'd like to add myself to the list you made of very happy Pico users. I've been using it since May and will continue, as I've had good results.

Christine, I have learned so much from your videos and mostly use your moves. You are an inspiration and so generous to share your expertise and knowledge with us.
Thank you!!!!

Mariposa
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
daler wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
Christine

Very true Christine - We *are* ALL SO VERY DIFFERENT! Imo, since microcurrent involves stimulating muscles, there are other things which contribute to our results, including personal health status, muscle response and skin resistance. All that aside, I really think a professional training video will definitely help those who are basically *winging it*. I believe Neurotris will greatly benefit as well by having you as a *personal trainer* for their current and future customers. Smart move on their part! FWIW, I have noticed that since I have been using microcurrent since last December, (first my cheapie unit and then Pico since June), my face responds much more quickly now. Longer routines can overstress my muscles now, so I believe your knowledge and expertise in the field of microcurrent will be a much needed added bonus!!! BRAVO!

As for Daler's comment about the price of the Pico device. To compare, my son had a iPhone that cost us a bundle. It died two years later. The battery no longer held the charge. Had we not purchased the extended warranty, we would be stuck. I rarely see iPhones on sale, unless they come with a package of two-year service contract! By contrast, Neurotris has run two nice sales that I am aware of - the last one being for $300, which is a nice savings. There were only a few members to my memory who expressed wanting to sell their Picos. Not everyone is going to be head over heels over the Pico, but that's pretty much the same as with most devices...

I will definitely be interested to see your 12-day challenge with the Pico Christine. In fact, I am looking forward to seeing the difference between your Jade professional machine and what Pico can produce.

Best,
Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |