Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Who wants to get rid of her Tua Trend II?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Having followed all the threads on the topic of microcurrent etc., and based on the great feedback from one trusted member here I thought i would like to give it try. It seems different devices/technologies work differently for different people, so I wanted first to check here if someone would like to dispose her Tua Trend II. I can buy/rent/borrow, whatever arrangement is the best.

Thanks,
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:30 am      Reply with quote
I will be interested to hear your thoughts once you try it!
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Me too, I am really curious to see if it works for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I just read this...very interesting.

Quote:

The micro-current frequency of Tua tre'nd has been optimised according to the muscle thickness and density of the five zones of the face and neck: the cheek, lower cheek, forehead, jaw line & neck and under eye areas. In each of these areas, the muscles have a different thickness and density e.g. the frontalis muscle of the forehead is much thinner than that of the cheek muscles. So with Tua tre'nd each facial zone has its own microcurrent frequency otpimised to that area.

Similarly, the length of the contraction time has been optimised according to which facial zone you are working on - all pre-programmed for you! This means that Tua tre'nd offers a perfectly optimised thorough workout for each facial zone.

http://www.tuatrendface.com/
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:16 am      Reply with quote
This may be my next gadget purchase as well, since I don't like doing manual facial exercises and I like the idea of programs already developed for specific facial areas.

I also like that they are very clear about the product being EMS, since I am specifically looking for muscle development.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have taken my Tua out of my gadget drawer and decided to give it another try. My biggest problem with it is the time that it takes to do a treatment. I only have one wand and I have a lot of trouble spots so it takes me between 45 minutes to an hour to do a full treatment. I know that I started to see some lifting and firming when I used it before, but I got bored with it and moved on to the next gadget. This time I am going to try and give it a fair trial.

I have also recently started to use the Merbe, which I love! My marionette lines and cheeks look a little lifted and my skin looks plumper when I'm done a treatment, and it seems to last for most of the next day. I am hoping that between these two gadgets that I will start to see some real, lasting improvements.

I am putting my Pico away for now. After using it for about 8 months and not seeing much of anything I am not willing to put any more time into it. I don't believe that microcurrent works for everyone (I didn't want to post this on the Pico thread and interrupt the lovefest that's going on!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Doodles, I am on the edge of buying the Tua and would live to hear what you think this go around.

I think building up the cheek muscles is critical to get rid of NL, marionette lines, and jowls but
I hate doing facial exercise. Sad

I am also glad to hear that you love the Merbe...I do too!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Heck...I think I am going to go for it. I sent an email to both a US supplier (to see if they sell a 2nd wand) and Tina Richards to see if she ships to the US.

I'll keep you posted on my purchase progress!
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to join the microcurrent brigade too but can't decide which one - nor of the appealing things about the tua trend is the 90 day money back guarantee
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Who is the US supplier? I would think they would have a second one
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 am      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
Who is the US supplier? I would think they would have a second one

I have found a couple of suppliers, but am trying to figure out the differences between the product they are offering and the version Tina Richards sells (and she does ship to the US).
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I also like that they are very clear about the product being EMS, since I am specifically looking for muscle development.

I am beginning to think that muscle development is, in the long run, the way to go. Microcurrent (Pico, Nuface) may temporarily lift sagging muscles, but they do nothing for rebuilding them. I'm assuming that as we get older the muscles not only sag but also atrophy. I think the Tua will help not only with the sag but also with restoring the muscles back to their former youthful shape and position.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I am with you ladies!

I think, in addition to muscle building muscles tightening/shortening is what will make the difference in face lifting. If you have a loose muscle, it appears like hanging. If the muscle is thin, it appears hollow. So, muscle exercise is what i need right now too.
Light
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:57 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am beginning to think that muscle development is, in the long run, the way to go. Microcurrent (Pico, Nuface) may temporarily lift sagging muscles, but they do nothing for rebuilding them. I'm assuming that as we get older the muscles not only sag but also atrophy. I think the Tua will help not only with the sag but also with restoring the muscles back to their former youthful shape and position.

Did you see this comment when comparing the Tua Trend with the CACI machine:

Quote:
(CACI)the microcurrent travels across the surface of the skin but doesn't contract the muscle.

and

(Tua Trend) contracts the facial and neck muscles, particularly the less used fibres for a firmer, tauter, more lifted looking face.
Deep tissue muscle workout with option to build up to stronger contractions.
http://www.tuatrendface.com

Personally, this makes sense to me. The only thing that I can see that could possibly plump up the face would be increased muscle mass. I also don't know why people on the Pico thread are saying EMS should not be used on the face.

However, I do have the Tua Viso and didn't like it at all. I thought it was quite difficult to find the correct positions on the face and holding the device there was tedious.

Bethany, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Tua Trend.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I also don't know why people on the Pico thread are saying EMS should not be used on the face.

I have been asking myself the same question.

EMS (Tua products) doesn't seem to do any harm to Tina Richards' face:

http://www.healthista.com/beauty/women-with-beautiful-skin/attachment/tina-richards-photo-72dpi/
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
Keliu wrote:
I also don't know why people on the Pico thread are saying EMS should not be used on the face.

http://www.healthista.com/beauty/women-with-beautiful-skin/attachment/tina-richards-photo-72dpi/

Wish my cheeks looked like hers. I just started using the Rex-Kara, so I will have to wait on another purchase...lol
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all of the above!

FYI that I have already ruled out buying from one US supplier (lazy email responses), and while the responses from Tina Richards were awesome it would cost an extra $100+ due to the currency differential.

I am waiting on a response right now from TR as to why their version looks different than he other versions for sale, and what they may have changed. (I read a previous post from NCN and the manufacturer in Italy that they had made some software changes for TR).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 am      Reply with quote
FYI from TR

Quote:
The Tina Richards branded Tua Tre'nd has been slightly modified in comparison to the US Tua Tre'nd, for instance, Tina Richards Tua Tre'nd has a silent mode and the workout programme time is different as there is no warm up and warm down phase. However both devices use the same microcurrent technology.

We are able to supply the US adaptor with Tua Tre'nd to match the US voltage output.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed to ask if the microcurrent of the tua trend is safe for the face given the information I've seen elsewhere and concern about EMS on the face - this is the answer that I got from them, I can see what they're saying but dont know enough about this stuff - anyone got any views on this?

thanks

[quote]Tua Trend is a complete micro-current electro-stimulation device which conveys special low-voltage micro-currents to the facial muscles. The micro-current used in the Tua Tre’nd has a maximum of 60mA (this is milliamperes). The output generates a sinusoidal (wave) type micro-current at special optimised frequencies designed to provide the best results and the most comfortable stimulation of the delicate facial muscles.

The Tua Tre’nd micro-current electrostimulation contracts the facial muscle fibres, it does this through the wave technology, which means the current is pulsed and then separated by pauses to allow recovery. The micro-current carried to the facial muscles is therefore not continuous; it works with pulses to stimulate a contraction and pauses for recovery time. Each program has been fine tuned and optimised for each facial area according to muscle thickness and density of the specific facial area.

The manufacturers of Tua have vast technical and scientific experience in the manufacture of electrical medical equipment used by professionals in hospitals and university centres. The Tua Tre’nd is based on electro micro-stimulation (EMS) which is low level electrical impulses to re-program the facial muscles back into shape.

You are right in saying that a higher value of current (more than 500 micro Amp) is not recommended, but please don’t get confused between the two very different treatments, microcurrents and EMS currents. Tua Tre'nd is an electro micro-stimulation (EMS) device.
/quote]
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lizzie, the manufacturer in Italy appears to have produced these devices for quite some time, and there has been at least one independent study showing the muscle improvement after 10 treatments or so.

I personally am not worried at all, but did decide to get a device that 1) was independently proven to work (though I have not found the whole study in English yet) and 2) had modes specific to certain parts of the face (vs one that just had general EMS currents that I really won't know how to optimize). I also decided to get the Trend instead of the cheaper Viso because so many people said the Viso was harder to use. Btw, one of the things I love about my Safetox is that it lifts my cheeks if I do the 3 point treatment...I presume that is because it was building muscle slightly. I also liked Ageless for the same reason, which is why I am focusing specifically on muscle development instead of just lifting what is already there with microcurrent.

I am planning to purchase within the next week, and will keep everyone updated as I learn more.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany, am going to get one too - we can compare notes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Thanks Bethany, am going to get one too - we can compare notes

Lizzie, where are you going to purchase from?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Chiqui, she does look darn good for 43. I did notice some slightly odd muscle definition around her mouth, so I think that is something to watch out for. Of course you have the same possible issue with facial exercise programs.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Chiqui65 wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Chiqui, she does look darn good for 43. I did notice some slightly odd muscle definition around her mouth, so I think that is something to watch out for. Of course you have the same possible issue with facial exercise programs.

To me this picture looks like it has been photoshopped - and not in a good way. When I watch her youtube videos I don't see any of the weird muscle definition that I see in this still photo of her. Just my two cents.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Doodles, I watched several videos and did see some slight overbuild just to the sides of her mouth. But not at the bottom of her cheeks like in that pic.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |