Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
EGF from Skinactives
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
annahlara1
5% products discount

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

After reading a lot about it i still have not found my answer so i hope to do it this way.

I want to purchase EGF form Skinactives but i would love to hear from people if they have used EGF from skinactives and if they had good or bad results from it.

There are so many EGF creams out there today that i just dont no anymore what is good and what isnt.

I really appreciate your help !
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
well, I like skinactive products but I dont think EGF ( on it's own) made any difference, I used EGF for approx a year and now i am without it for 6 months; I am using my own DIY serums with lots of actives in it but not EGF... I would say it's not a magical
annahlara1
5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply Daler !
I figured i would use EFG in the morning and retin a in the evening..Maybe the combination of those two forces might do wonders ?

The reason why i want to use EFG is because i have a scar on my forehead and because i feel my face is too thin..Since EFG claims to thicken the skin i thought i might give it a try.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
annahlara1 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Daler !
I figured i would use EFG in the morning and retin a in the evening..Maybe the combination of those two forces might do wonders ?

The reason why i want to use EFG is because i have a scar on my forehead and because i feel my face is too thin..Since EFG claims to thicken the skin i thought i might give it a try.

My skin is quite thick so may be that's why I didn't notice much difference from EGF; I would recommend buying Collagen Serum also known as Lets Make Collagen serum from Skinactives, it has EGF and many more wonderful actives.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I just bought some of this from NCN.. Nancy has information on her blog. She seems to be using it in her routine now..and has great things to say about it.

However..I've only been using it for a week now. I can't wait to see the results..if any. But my initial comment is that I love the stuff. It comes in a capsule ( I like that concept of keeping each application fresh) and it glides on my skin like silk..covers my face..neck..chest..and hands..and then some.

I hate when people post when they first get something and don't have conclusive results to share...but thought I'd share..and I will post after a month and let you know what I think about the results.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know the ingredients for the NCN EGF product but if something glides and feels silky smooth, its probably filled with silicones which do not benfit the skin in the long run... but if it is without silicones then it should be a nice product....
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the link and ingredient list. I don't know all the ingredient lingo like many of you. It does glide on..and I have to say..It is a luxurious feeling..feels almost like it is nourishing the skin. Hope nothing bad is in the stuff..

http://ncnskincare.com/new-items-c-23/egf-serum-epidermal-growth-factor-30-capsules-p-176
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Here is the link and ingredient list. I don't know all the ingredient lingo like many of you. It does glide on..and I have to say..It is a luxurious feeling..feels almost like it is nourishing the skin. Hope nothing bad is in the stuff..

http://ncnskincare.com/new-items-c-23/egf-serum-epidermal-growth-factor-30-capsules-p-176

I don't see any silicones in the ingredient list, I am not familiar with the very first ingredient " Isononyl Isononanoate", I googled and it's an emollient, I believe this along with the other oils gives the silky smooth feeling...

It is a bit expensive though.. you can buy Collagen serum for skinactives for like $45 and it would last 4 to 6 months and with lots of nice actives.... but it wont give you the silky smooth feel when you apply it...
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hey thanks for checking out the list for silicons. I realize it does cost $1 per capsule.

I have decided to splurge and use this as instructed for the first month or two. But, I will add that one could easily use one capsule for two applications. I actually have so much in one that I put it on my hands, wrists..and a little on my arms.
annahlara1
5% products discount

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Ladies,

i want to thank you for your help.
I think i will try the skinactives product, but i read somewhere on the internet that the skinactives EFG is not the real EFG so that is a bit confusing ....
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
annahlara1 wrote:
Ladies,

I think i will try the skinactives product, but i read somewhere on the internet that the skinactives EFG is not the real EFG so that is a bit confusing ....

o really? Where did you read that... I would want to know more about this... I don't know Hannah at skinactives personally but I don't believe that she would be deceiving her customers...
annahlara1
5% products discount

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
annahlara1 wrote:
Ladies,

o really? Where did you read that... I would want to know more about this... I don't know Hannah at skinactives personally but I don't believe that she would be deceiving her customers...

On a few places, i would like to show you which sites but somehow i am not able to post a link...i have no idea why...
annahlara1
5% products discount

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:33 am      Reply with quote
smartskincare(dot)com is one of the sites discussing them. But i just read the whole toppic and realised that the person who was saying that EGF was no good actually meant that it didn't do anything for her ...
Others reported that the let's make collagen'serum dit worl for them.

SO i'm goign to buy that and i will let you ladies know if it did something for me .
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have only very positive things to say about SkinActives. They do not hide anything, it's all very clear cut, IMO. If you have questions, send in a note with your question. In my experience they have been highly responsive and above board. They are scientific and highly intelligent in their approach, I really believe in their products.

anna, i really look forward to your review about SkinActives!!
annahlara1
5% products discount

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:31 am      Reply with quote
redtigerwoman wrote:
I have only very positive things to say about SkinActives. They do not hide anything, it's all very clear cut, IMO. If you have questions, send in a note with your question. In my experience they have been highly responsive and above board. They are scientific and highly intelligent in their approach, I really believe in their products.

anna, i really look forward to your review about SkinActives!!

Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate that!
When i get the products i will let you ladies know how it worked out for me; as for now i really have confidence that the EGF can help me to plump up my face, but we'll see.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I tried their (Skin Actives) EGF and noticed nothing special at all for a few months and then came into contact with a friend who was telling me about a product with a lot of EGF in it. Its the french line of Revive. Its got a lot more EGF in it and also some other goodies and I saw an immediate difference within a few weeks of using it, so I think its like most things if you see a difference from using theirs keep it up, but if you don't - don't give up on EGF completely and try another type (like Revive).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
annahlara1 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate that!
When i get the products i will let you ladies know how it worked out for me; as for now i really have confidence that the EGF can help me to plump up my face, but we'll see.

EGF may hlep in plumping up the skin but I dont believe that it would plump up the face, for that you could try either facial exercises or fillers....
annahlara1
5% products discount

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I tried their (Skin Actives) EGF and noticed nothing special at all for a few months and then came into contact with a friend who was telling me about a product with a lot of EGF in it. Its the french line of Revive. Its got a lot more EGF in it and also some other goodies and I saw an immediate difference within a few weeks of using it, so I think its like most things if you see a difference from using theirs keep it up, but if you don't - don't give up on EGF completely and try another type (like Revive).

I will remember this and do a bit of research on revive..

But you say you saw an immidiate difference; what kind of difference ? Did it plump up your face or ...?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
All I can add to this point is..I've been using EGF from NCN for just a few weeks.... I feel my face tingling now during the day.. It is that? "it is working" feeling.

I can't wait to report back. But for now, I can conclude that tingling has always been the sign of a product working for me.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 am      Reply with quote
It didn't plump up my face, but what I saw was that the healing of my skin was really accelerated. I had accidentally cut myself shaving one morning and applied the EGF and by the end of the day it had healed up completely. I've also found with some of my facial exercises it seemed to work in tangent with the cream in really making the skin smoother, and I could feel a difference also.
annahlara1 wrote:
But you say you saw an immidiate difference; what kind of difference ? Did it plump up your face or ...?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:12 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:

Hi Sean,

I too have been using Skinactives EGF for a few weeks, and have not noticed anything special. Do you think it would be safe to use EGF more than recommended percentage then? I mean if a product like Revive has alot more in it and works well? I noticed Revive is very expensive,

thanks

Jackie xx
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Revive on first appearance can seem expensive, but I found the pot lasts me some 3 plus months so it works out about 40 pound per month which I don't think is so bad. I suspect just like Vit C, there's probably many different types or chemical mixtures of EGF out there and so I'd be hesitant to recommend not following their recommendations, although you could always email them and ask.
Jackie284 wrote:
I too have been using Skinactives EGF for a few weeks, and have not noticed anything special. Do you think it would be safe to use EGF more than recommended percentage then? I mean if a product like Revive has alot more in it and works well? I noticed Revive is very expensive,

thanks

Jackie xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:40 am      Reply with quote
thanks Sean,

is it the volumising serum you use? also do you use once or twice a day?

thanks again

Jackie xx
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Nope I was using the Sensitive Cellular Repair Cream.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Nope I was using the Sensitive Cellular Repair Cream.

Interesting because searching the internet i read some people say that Revive did nothing for them too.

I think that EGF is the same as with every product; for some it works, for some it doesn't do anything.

I will work with EGF from Skinactives first, if i dont see any results in the first 4 months then i will sure consider Revive.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |