Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has any1 tried the OBAGI BLUE PEEL at home???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BuckeyeBabe38
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I am looking into peels, I currently use Obagi Nuderm & have been on this regimen 4 about 8 months now.. I also have had Skinmedica Vitalize peels done at the medical spa I have attended.. But this is getting pretty costly & from what I have read I think the Blue Peel is better for results.

You can buy a kit on Ebay for about $120, which allows you to apply 4 layers of the peel on which is pretty deep from what Ive read & may take longer to heal, but the results are much better as far as erasing the aging from your face.

Im wondering if anyone else has tried this? or if there is a better way "at home" to achieve "Blue Peel" results...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
After reading the dermatology textbook that Dr. Obagi wrote, I was wow'd by the results from the Blue Peel, but I would be VERY reluctant to apply it myself.

Anything beyond 1 layer is called a "Blue Peel by Design" and it can definitely go VERY deep into the skin (I did not see any pics of people with more than 2 layers), depending on how many layers are applied.

There are also a number of indicators that you have to watch for during the treatment.

I am honestly shocked that you can get that on ebay.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I dunno - I'd be scared to use a medical grade peel on my face at home. There's way too much that could go wrong. IMHO - not worth the risk.

(This from the gal who is rolling little holes in her face though - so take it for what it's worth.)

Also, there is no guarantee that the Blue Peel you buy on eBay is still good (i.e. not past the expiration date) - or even genuine. (They counterfeit fragrances and cosmetics - I'm sure skin care products aren't far behind...)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
I dunno - I'd be scared to use a medical grade peel on my face at home. There's way too much that could go wrong. IMHO - not worth the risk.

After seeing the pics in the book and how deeply it can peel, there is NO WAY that I would do this myself. And you know that I am up for trying most things! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I'm still a newbie here - but I'm learning who is on the "cutting edge" (or is that "rolling edge") of beauty treatments here! LOL

What's the name of the book that you keep referencing by Dr. Obagi? Can you get it on Amazon?
BuckeyeBabe38
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank U guys 4 all your advise.. I am new to this forum & I truly am learning allot thanks to all you novice women on here!

I am really leaning twds not trying it though, the risk is a little too high even for me Sad

My cousin does the Skinmedica Vitalize peels on herself, but they arent near as intense as the Blue Peel.. So maybe I will stick to doing those, & buy 6 treatments on Ebay for $275 or so as opposed to $150 a visit at the Medical Spa..
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
BuckeyeBabe38 wrote:
Thank U guys 4 all your advise.. I am new to this forum & I truly am learning allot thanks to all you novice women on here!

I am really leaning twds not trying it though, the risk is a little too high even for me Sad

My cousin does the Skinmedica Vitalize peels on herself, but they arent near as intense as the Blue Peel.. So maybe I will stick to doing those, & buy 6 treatments on Ebay for $275 or so as opposed to $150 a visit at the Medical Spa..

You might want to look at the Vi Derm peel...you can get those on ebay too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:

What's the name of the book that you keep referencing by Dr. Obagi? Can you get it on Amazon?

Obagi Skin Health Restoration and Rejuvenation

I would check and see if your library has it...it is VERY pricy. But I thought it was a VERY beneficial read.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0387984690/ref=dp_olp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1224024089&sr=1-1

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

Thanks so much for the link. I think I *will* see if I can find it at the library - at that pricepoint!

< Wondering, though - why he chose THAT particular Picasso image to use for the cover...???? Embarassed >
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
Hi Bethany,

Thanks so much for the link. I think I *will* see if I can find it at the library - at that pricepoint!

< Wondering, though - why he chose THAT particular Picasso image to use for the cover...???? Embarassed >

Maybe because of the 2 distinct halves of the face (like before and after Obagi?)...who knows!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm, could be...

I'm just hoping that using the Obagi isn't going to make me think of sex more... Laughing
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I went through the Pre-peel Treatments for about a month. Then the Blue Peel given by a professional, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. It hurt like a SOB,even though I was given Valium & something else for pain.( this has been at least 10 yrs ago)
Maybe it doesnt hurt as badly now, but OMG,dont try this one at home.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I went through the Pre-peel Treatments for about a month. Then the Blue Peel given by a professional, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. It hurt like a SOB,even though I was given Valium & something else for pain.( this has been at least 10 yrs ago)

I seriuously doubt that anything has changed...except that they may give you better pain meds these days Laughing

Thanks for sharing the real life experience!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:

Wow, it hurt even with the pain killer and Valium? I am interested in the blue peel, but that scares the poo out of me to hear it hurt even with the meds! How did it work for you, skin care addict? Were you pleased by the results?
lpnflowers

Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I just found this site. I have been on Obagi for about 9 wks. now. I am seeing a difference in my age spots( getting lighter) and my overall complexion is looking better. I am under a dermatologist care. She is talking about doing the Blue Peel after 12 wks. I don't have any info on it. I am still red at times and still doing some peeling but she assures me that is normal and that the product is doing its job. Smile Very Happy Very Happy I have a return appt. on Nov. 24. I will learn more about the Blue Peel then.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keep us updated, lpnflowers. I really am curious about the blue peel, but I am a chicken when it comes to pain and I would like to hear from more people who have had it!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
Please talk with your Dr and make sure you wont feel pain.
I was not told that it would be so painful.
Everyone has different pain levels and I'm a whimp.

Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Rileygirl,
Please talk with your Dr and make sure you wont feel pain.
I was not told that it would be so painful.
Everyone has different pain levels and I'm a whimp.

Smile

Oh, I definitely would go through a doctor as I know this is a serious peel. Thanks for the info, and BTW, I am quite a wimp with pain also!

Very Happy
BuckeyeBabe38
5% products discount

Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your help, I think I should leave this one to the pros LOL. Still anxious to hear from anyone thats used the BLUE PEEL & if they are happy with their results & if its worth the down time & all that!

Thanks so much
Suzie

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just joined the forum. I too am using the Obagi system and am pleased with results thus far. I am 8-9 weeks in to the process and am thinking about the blue peel as well.
I have also checked out ebay but the ones there do not contain the active ingredient TCA (trichloracidic acid) so the purchase would be fruitless. I think the TCA is mixed with the blue peel based upon your skins needs. The TCA strength ranges but I believe 15% or higher is deemed a deep level peel. I don't know if you can closely watch your derma and ask very specific questions and then possibly attempt at home after having one done professionally. There were two websites I found selling tca at various strengths. I am going to the derm on monday and hopefully will have more info. Anyone have the blue peel done or a tca peel. Please let me know what you thought and if you felt results were worth the price.
Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
You guys might want to ask about the Blue Peel on the regular Skincare and Makeup Forum, since it is not really an at home kind of thing.

I know Petalutha is getting ready to have one, and has a thread going on the above forum. Here is the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30678&highlight=

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
OMG!!! I personally would never do a medical grade peel on myself. There are way too many risks, such as leaving it on too long, etc. I had one myself, but it was done at a Plastic Surgery center while I was knocked out for a few other things. It took a while for the blue to wear off, and my face was quite tender, red and really peeled like crazy. I looked like a smurf Embarassed
Once the swelling subsided and I was all healed up and recovered, yes my skin was fantastic. As a nurse I am more than willing to do lots of stuff myself that maybe others might not be comfortable with, but I would definitely draw the line at ever giving myself that type of deep peel.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
is it possible to do it at home? Quite risky.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Seems there aren't a lot of home skin peel people here on this forum... there's a ton of discussions on the makemeheal boards regarding peeling for those who are interested, which is where I learned about home peel techniques.

I also seriously doubt that the blue peels sold on ebay are genuine, and they would do nothing without the TCA, anyhow, if that is missing. As others have said, even if they were genuine, that's a pretty serious peel. I believe it is 25 or 30 % TCA, if I recall correctly.

TCA peels *can* be done at home...lots of people do them -- but they have risks (including blindness if it gets in the eyes...no joke). TCA is serious stuff.

I just finished peeling today from an at home TCA peel, and I got beautiful results. That said, I'm a pretty experienced peeler, and I know my skin very well in that regard. I'd never done TCA before now, though...and I finally got brave and did it. I used a 12.5 % solution, in layers -- and I got some serious peeling under the eyes.

If you are seriously wanting to do home peels, I'd suggest going with a known source for the products -- and do a whole lot of reading up before putting acid on your skin. I started out doing very mild peels, and have worked up from there. An aggressive peel can do a lot of damage, even if done by a doctor, if the skin responds badly.
Naturallynatc

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, not sure if I'm responding way too late, as I am new to this site. However, one thing you should make sure you're not anywhere near your menstrual cycle because it might make you more sensitive to pain. Just a bit of info that might help. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |