Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Gels - microcurrent, ultrasound any difference?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Do the two differ in any meaningful way? I know both need to be a water soluble gel to work, but that's all I know. My takeaway (from reading the various threads on both MC and US here) is that microcurrent mostly just needs the gel to be conductive (not so much to push things into the skin like US devices, where you want lots of good stuff in the gel).

I read in the NuFace review thread that using plain water alone wasn't as effective as using a gel. Is plain ultrasound gel less effective that "microcurrent gel"?

Or are the plain 'ol generic ultrasound gels (such as Aquaonic) the same thing as something specifically called a "conductivity gel" (such as the one sold by skinforlife)? Does anyone have these to list the ingredients? I didn't find the ingredients online. I'm looking for a replacement for the NuFace gel since mine is running out and the tubes seem to have been made to less than half the size of the ones I had, while the price seems to have gone up. Mad But I don't want to shortchange my efforts either.

Current ingredients for NuFace: Water, 1, 2 Propanediol, Acrylic Acid Polymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone, Cellulose Polymer.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
stardustgirl - there are lots of conductivity options for you to use with your NuFace. A basic conductor at an inexpensive price is the LeMieux O2 calming gel (JoElla Milani carries this on her site and usually you can get free shipping depending upon where you are). You can use this with either microcurrent or ultrasound to deliver the current.

Some people just use aloe vera!

One I like even better is SkinAgain C2Gel - for energizing skin at the cellular level (that's the copy on the tube)and I'd say it's accurate. I really like it and the effect on the skin.
Ingredients listed are: water, plant-derived glycerin, organic aloe vera, Calcium Carrageenan, Maltodextrin, Lonicera Japonica extract, sodium chloride, Cupric Carbonite Hydroxide, Xanthan gum.

My favorite conduction gel is MCR with dermalastyl from Texas Beauty Institute (I get it with my license)- It's sold to be a derivative of Elastin infusion therapy. I can attest to it being superior in hydration effect. It also adds a nice effect to the skin surface. I tend to follow this treatment with a steamed towel for addtional penetration.
No ingreds listed. Might be on the TBI site.

Finally I use a stem cell gel product from NeurotriS - penetrate this first for several minutes and then layer the Skinagain or LeMieux over if I want more gel or just rewet. (water works here - I'd try to use a purified water.
Any of them work with Ultrasound or microcurrent (probes) or NuFace.

As for me - I do not find that these two (ultrasound and microcurrent) devices do exactly the same thing - although there is overlap. I find them to be compatible and complimentary to each other. Lift is definately the hallmark of the Pico toner and Merbe cannot compete in the same way. Merbe adds an integrity and a strengthening to the face - a toning effect that I like (Pico does this somewhat also but not the same). (Disclaimer)...This is my observation only.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis - I do realize a lot of people use plain aloe, but I was wanting to dig a little deeper to find out if there is any difference between a gel marketed as a conductive gel for microcurrent vs one marketed for ultrasound. Since the two technologies do work differently, I wondered if the ingredient set made any difference in how well the current / wave was delivered - not the actives because I know that would vary with what one was trying to accomplish.

I also wonder if certain gels are just better conductors overall, similar to the differences of the conductive values of different metals. I'm hoping someone far more science-oriented than myself might know. I just know how to be curious! Laughing

All I could find on the TBI site as far as ingredients: Matrixyl-3000, Argireline, Prolisel, Hyaluronic Acid, Elastatropin… all seem to be actives and no mention of anything else. I did google Elastatropin which led me to DermaLastyl and those do sound like things I want to explore.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |