Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Microcurrent Tips and Techniques to Maximize your Outcome
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there EDS ladies and gents. We have quite a few microcurrent users out there and the consensus is to gather and share our tips and techniques for all to use... no matter what their device may be.

*If you own and use microcurrent* please share... We would love to know what you know and have learned and what has worked for you. We are all different so anything you have to say can benefit.
If you don't have a microcurrent device, well sit back and read what the rest of us have to say and you may just want one Very Happy

Please note: This is not a place to discuss specific microcurrent devices, nor debate the merits of having or not having a unit - this thread is for advice to maximize your microcurrent device or the one you will want to own

So let's have at it.

Here are some basics I've learned from 9 months of microcurrent use:

1. We must Hydrate ourselves. That means lots of water before and after the treatment for proper conduction. I aim for a liter before use and after (Call it almost a quart for us in the USA). Yes that's a lot but your body will love you for it. Water should ideally be pure - not tap water as it has many toxic metals and chlorine and other stuff you wouldn't want to know about or pronounce. (I just bought an alkalinizing carafe with some kind of magnetized system to try out - I'll let you know how that goes). Water will help flush your system of toxins and help lymphatic drainage.

2. One should be properly mineralized. to conduct ATP in our body. I use a magnesium oil spray (very potent) and also take many minerals. I include selenium, and zinc in the mix. I also take b vitamins. I would think for most adding a mineral supplement would be a great asset to increasing ATP potential in the system. ATP effects circulation, energy production and muscle function. ATP serves as the source of energy for the body’s cells, notably muscle cells... so hey - we need that, right!

3. Microcurrent results take time. You will not go to bed 50 and wake up 30. You will have successes initially and they build on themselves. In my experience, the earliest areas for results are either in the eye or forehead area. The dreaded lower face takes more time, more patience and an even stricter knowledge of facial anatomy. This is probably also true for the neck. Lots of "holding" in place with the device - whether gloves or probes is necessary.

4. Know your facial anatomy - get a facial chart so you understand where and what you're working on. Understanding head and neck anatomy is so helpful.

5. What you eat counts. We are all made of protein so make your protein count. Also green foods create beautiful skin. Try to make friends with a green-food type beverage once a day. (Highly recommend Vitamineral Green by Healthforce Nutritionals - best ever). Green smoothies with lots of fresh greens and fruit or at least take spirulina or chlorella tablets.

6. A simple massage of some sort to stimulate the face and help lymph drainage. Here is a simple acupressure routine. It really only takes a few minutes. There are LOTS of them out there. Find one that you love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amaRb54I26k&sns=em

You can do this one (and others) with your microcurrent if you have gloves with your unit.

7.Be as consistant as possible. None of us can do everything right everyday but do the best you can. In the beginning it helps to use your microcurrent every other day (even everyday if possible). If you miss a bit - get right back on the horse. Over time - muscle has memory and your muscle will reward you. I currently use my device twice a week unless I have something special and want that extra zing!

8. To feel or not to feel - the current that is. In my understanding the newer thought process is that you should 'feel' the current - know it's there. I recognize some schools of thought say otherwise. I 'Feel' my current and it's awesome Embarassed .

The rest of this I got from KASSY on another thread. I hope she's cool with it... but these are good words expecially if you are trying to keep it natural as you age.

The aging process continues with a vengeance. When we opt to keep things natural, we must do our part consistently, just to keep up with that process. If you are really committed to an overall good regime, you can actually halt that clock and turn back the hands of time some what..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
You've got us off to an excellent start Sis. I look forward to learning all I can on the subject, and will be happy to chime in with any pearls of wisdom I experience on my MC journey.

That acupressure/lymph drainage video you linked looks very interesting. I'm going to try it out right now.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
You've got us off to an excellent start Sis. I look forward to learning all I can on the subject, and will be happy to chime in with any pearls of wisdom I experience on my MC journey.

That acupressure/lymph drainage video you linked looks very interesting. I'm going to try it out right now.

Kassy Dancing - I am glad you (of all people) have a microcurrent unit. I really hope it works out for you and your brain swells with abundance with tips and techniques and observations to share.

I like the video because - 1. it's short enough to be easily remembered and not time-consuming. 2. designed by an accupuncturist/professional to share accupressure and she gives prospective outcomes of daily use.
3.Following this with a microcurrent treatment will enhance the objectives of the massage. I love the concept of piggy-backing results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
The video was good Sis. I chugged water before and after and felt the lymph flowing for a while afterward. I did change up a bit of it though, and did more "downward" strokes.

I'll give the MC my best shot. My overall skincare regime is good, and I know how to prepare myself with fluids and massage (prior), so I'm hoping for a positive result as time goes on.

Now if I were only a couple of decades younger.. Rolling Eyes Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
More tips - these are more advanced Laughing

1. Exfoliation regularly especially before use. This is where 'The Cure' works or other types of granular exfoliants come in. I am enjoying Dermalogica daily microfoliant these days. I also have an exfoliant I got at a good price from iherb or vitacost by Acure. Packaging is adorable!

2. Morning treatments give a great day lift. Even a few minutes a day. A 2-3 minute 'quickie' with my easy handheld MC(no names please) and good to go. I have two devices and use the quickest one for this.

3. Try doing longer treatments laying down for reasons of lymph drainage and also muscles are more relaxed and not having to work against gravity also it provides relaxation .

4. Being consistent until maintenance and then slacking off.

5. I use one type of device for foundational work and another for daily quickies. (as a rule). I know some of us have two or more mc devices so just throwing this out there as a possible tip.

If anyone tries these or anything else - please let us know what you think: If it helped or was a bomb - just not worthwhile/nothing noticeable OR maybe you made a discovery of your own. If you want to mention your skin type or skin issue and age range - that could be helpful.

I am in my mid 50's. My skin is rather durable, on the oily side. Not a lot of wrinkles but trying to keep the lower face hoisted up and the eyes open wide. Microcurrent treatments seem to help emphasize my cheekbones which is a good thing for an overall better appearance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to reiterate what Kassy said on the other thread about making sure your magnesium levels are in a good range to have the best results with microcurrent. There is no RDA for magnesium, while docs push 1,500 mg of calcium per day. This is not only NOT necessary since we get most of our calcium from foods, but in the absence of magnesium it's unhealthy and leads to calcification of the fatty tissues like the breast, prostate and even the heart. With respect to best results with microcurrent, the aim is to increase ATP.

This audio from an interview with Dr. Carolyn Dean speaks about the wonderful benefits of magnesium. Increased ATP being just one of them.
http://oneradionetwork.com/health/dr-carolyn-dean-md-nd-the-magnesium-miracle-changing-your-life-by-getting-enough-july-15-2013/

HTH, Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Gloves or Probes???? Anyone have a preference at this point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just chiming in with a couple of things (that have already been mentioned), but I'm finding to be very important.

Being well hydrated is of utmost importance, as is some form of exfoliation prior to treatment, as well as manual lymphatic drainage.

Why do I know this? What proof do I have? Glad you asked Very Happy .. My device has a "conductivity" bar, and when I don't take the time to do all of the above sufficiently, I don't have adequate conduction.

Because true microcurrent is barely felt (sub sensory), without the conductivity bar I would not have realized I was essentially, wasting a whole lot of time.

And speaking of time. My treatments are taking about 2 hours. Granted, I do about 40 to 60 second holds, but that is what it's taking me to do a complete treatment of neck/face. Perhaps down the road a ways I'll get to a maintenance protocol with less treatments, but in all honesty, I don't see how I can do the thorough treatment I do, in less than a 2 hour block of time. (Which includes my pre/post treatment protocol.)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I love the double pronged probes I'm using with my current device. I especially like the way the probes let me grab/hold the skin all around my eyes.

If I can figure out a way to use the gloves I have with this device, I'll give it a try.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
If I can figure out a way to use the gloves I have with this device, I'll give it a try.

Sis, I remember that Christine was using some interesting way of hooking her gloves up to her pro machine since they didn't have the right connections...you may want to look for that post.

Also, I have seen a number of connection cord options on various microcurrent sites available for sale for fairly cheap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Sis, I remember that Christine was using some interesting way of hooking her gloves up to her pro machine since they didn't have the right connections...you may want to look for that post.

Also, I have seen a number of connection cord options on various microcurrent sites available for sale for fairly cheap.

I saw what Christine did, but it won't work with mine because my probes don't come apart like that. I would have to stick the whole probe down in the glove.. Laughing

And I have great gloves too, snaps and all... Bummer Sad

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Maybe we need Christine on here to give us a how-to lesson. Thanks Bethany.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I saw what Christine did, but it won't work with mine because my probes don't come apart like that. I would have to stick the whole probe down in the glove.. Laughing

And I have great gloves too, snaps and all... Bummer Sad

Why is it you have gloves?

Kassy call the company and see if they have found a way to make gloves work. Ya never know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Why is it you have gloves?

Kassy call the company and see if they have found a way to make gloves work. Ya never know.

The gloves are from my made in China unit. Quite the quality too.

The device I'm using now attaches the probes by USB port, so maybe gloves will be a future option.. Confused

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Maybe we need Christine on here to give us a how-to lesson. Thanks Bethany.

As I recall, she just stuck the probe in the glove...not exactly lesson worthy, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 am      Reply with quote
She stuck the probe in the glove....interesting. I've never seen those vids.
I love being able to use my hands, full palm and fingers to do work. Other times probes are great.

Question Pondering what the purpose is to put a probe in a glove.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I love being able to use my hands, full palm and fingers to do work. Other times probes are great.

I just checked...it wasn't the probe it was the connector that she placed inside the glove.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnxyXFlbqg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUHnxyXFlbqg

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I just checked...it wasn't the probe it was the connector that she placed inside the glove.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnxyXFlbqg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUHnxyXFlbqg

Thanks Bethany. That makes a lot more sense than sticking a probe in there. Wow. I was really not getting that at all. I suppose it's a way to do a make-shift use of gloves. I trust Christine's sense of things. That said.... I cannot see how that can replicate what a unit can do that is designed to use gloves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I love the double pronged probes I'm using with my current device. I especially like the way the probes let me grab/hold the skin all around my eyes.

A professional device I had done on me had double-pronged probes. They are really nice - how they get the extra grip and hold. Completely get that one. THE HOLD*** is so important with these devices. Whatever the unit is - HOLD is where it's at.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone rec a product I could use with my microcurrent machine to help soothe rosacean skin? Something that could benefit from the micrurrents ability to drive product into the skin? I'd like something that wouldn't get my gloves too messy..something thinner rather than thick/creamy. Seems to be a lot of controversy regarding the ageless secret products but something really thin like that product in spray form would be nice.

Thought someone on this thread might have some ideas? Thnk you!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:
Can anyone rec a product I could use with my microcurrent machine to help soothe rosacean skin? Something that could benefit from the micrurrents ability to drive product into the skin? I'd like something that wouldn't get my gloves too messy..something thinner rather than thick/creamy. Seems to be a lot of controversy regarding the ageless secret products but something really thin like that product in spray form would be nice.

Thought someone on this thread might have some ideas? Thnk you!

Car - I would be careful about using most products with the gloves - messy; yes and who knows if they might break them down in some way. Whatever you might choose - I'd check with the manufacturer and ask what they think.
I spray my face with ageless secret gold (whether gloves or probes). It is restructured, energy-infused water. I know it's not going to damage gloves, it's not messy and enhances my microcurrent results. I stick with what works and leave the question of controversy to others.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Aprile - I'm sure you've posted this before but what's the best way to take magnesium - do you use it topically or as a supplement - thanks
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:30 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Aprile - I'm sure you've posted this before but what's the best way to take magnesium - do you use it topically or as a supplement - thanks

Hi Lizzie,

Sure. I have read that topical is best and works epecially well for sore knees, hands, leg and foot cramps, etc. and even on your chest if you get heart palps. But I am very deficient, so I use various different methods. Epsom salts or magnesium flakes baths, I use Ancient Minerals Ultra magnesium lotion because it's not stingy to the skin and works great! I also take Natural Vitality CALM (Powder formula in water) and Traceminerals ionic liquid magnesium orally. I have NEVER received any benefit from capsules or pills, and therefore I would not recommend them. You can purchase the CALM and Traceminerals formulas from iherb as well as Flolife's flakes. I buy my Ancient Minerals lotion from a site called integratedhealth and of course Epsom salts can be purchased in any drug/health food store.

HTH,
Aprile
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile, Thank you! And for getting back to me so quickly - I've ordered the ancient minerals lotion and can buy the natural calm powder locally so hopefully that will be enough
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |