Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Serums to use with ultrasound
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to find out what serums are being used with ultrasound and what results you're getting.

I'm specifically interested in the serums applied under the conductive gel. It's my understanding that these get pushed deeper into the skin by the ultrasound.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Shasta, I am personally using my Epionce MelanoLyte (for pigmentation) and Lytic (salycilic acid) under my Sqoom or Fyola gels (both contain high amounts of HA as well as being conductive).

Since ultrasound + galvanic penetrates significantly deeper than ultrasound alone, I had quite the fiery reaction for 24 hours after penetrating the SA! Embarassed

Here are 2 clinical studies on the impact SA can have if it penetrates the skin barrier...one uses ultrasound and one does not.

http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/effects-low-frequency.html

http://www.epionce.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/1_ClinicalStudy_EpioncevRenova.pdf

Obviously HA acid is also key to penetrate and fill the gaps in the dermal layers. While the Sqoom gels do this, I am also using the Fyola Massage gel (also contains HA) in less wrinkled areas because it is sooo much cheaper. However, I would really like to find another fragmented HA serum to help manage costs and am looking forward to other member replies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, are those serums water-based? I don't know a lot about any of this but my understanding is that to be effective in the mode they are used and to remain conductive they should be water based. I love the idea of layering serums with our gels. I've done the same with NCN DNA serum (my fav since it's inception).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the same question on whether serums must be water based or if that requirement is only for the conductive gel. I have a serum that has some oil in it that I've used, but I'm wondering if that defeats the purpose and I need to switch to something oil-free.

Bethany, thanks for the links. SA stings anyway, let alone pushing it in deeper!

I'd like to find something that maximizes smoothing of wrinkles.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Anything used with ultrasound needs to be water based, or it will damage the transducer. However, if you look at the ingredients of the Sqoom gels (made specifically for ultrasound + galvanic) you will see that they contain small amounts of oil like Camilla, etc. I am sure it comes down to the proportion, but they do not have to be 100% oil free (but probably close!).

Shasta, the SA acid was shown to help smooth wrinkles in the epionce study, which is why I have started using it full face instead of just on my tzone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
It is all about proportion form the sources I've discussed with. Must be considered as water-based. Digging deeper and learning more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:40 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl, thanks for starting this thread. I'm also curious about different products to be used with ultrasound devices. My Merbe is awaiting the arrival of the SQOOM gels, which I chose partly because I knew they'd be 100% OK to use without damaging the transducer.

I'd like to use my EmerginC C-serum with it but was hesitating due to the sunflower seed oil listed on the ingredients. It's toward the end though... so maybe it's a tiny amount?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing some research into the serums used with professional ultrasound treatments. I found several references to the use of Environ C-Quel as an ultrasound treatment. I could not find a full ingredient list, but did see mention that it contains vitamin A and C. I couldn't find a source to purchase C-Quel either, appears to be sold to professionals only.

Anyone know if Environ C-Quel is the same or equivalent to Environ C-Quence?

See page 494 in this book for references to C-Quel:
http://books.google.com/books?id=a0Jk1IXyuxsC&pg=PA494&lpg=PA494&dq=environ+c-quel&source=bl&ots=b5dGMSNF2F&sig=e4Uvm4LsCZPcX2bwxwElqokFT8A&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YinOUsqEJ874oASY9YHoDA&ved=0CD0Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=environ%20c-quel&f=false
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered Insta Natural Advanced Repair Scar Gel. I'm thinking it might be good with ultrasound. Can anyone tell me if any of these ingredients should not be pushed deeply into the skin?

Sea Kelp Bioferment, Glycerin, Oleuropein, Tertrahydrocurcuminoids, Aloe Vera Powder Extract, Green Tea EGCG, Apigenin, Gotu Kola, Luteolin, Porphyridium Extract, Fucoxanthin, Astaxanthin, Epidermal Growth Factor (sh-Oligopeptide-1, EGF)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |