Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Increasing elastin using Dill extract??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this in the skin care forum and got no response so I'll try in the DIY area. Recently I came across information regarding the use of dill to increase elastin. Here is an abstract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16842595

This is from the Paula's Choice web site:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/dill-extract

Dill extract induces the LOXL gene expression which seems to increase elastin.

I'm wondering if anyone has used dill extract on their skin. Thoughts? comments?
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe the preliminary was from 2006 and they haven't tested it in vivo yet! Surprised

I thought I was going to be doomed to rely on elastase inhibitors. It would be awesome if this actually worked like it does on the skin models. (But then again, we were promised similar results from Q10 and grape seed extract. So who knows? Maybe they tried it in living skin and didn't take the same way. Meh.)
Indium
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen Dill Seed sold in essential oil form, so I wonder if you were to try the essential oil in a DIY mix then you can test it out.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Indium wrote:
I have seen Dill Seed sold in essential oil form, so I wonder if you were to try the essential oil in a DIY mix then you can test it out.

There's a whole thread over on Lonecity about dill. These guys really get into the science and chemistry behind aging. One forum member was trying to make a homemade dill formula to add to her/his skin cream. I don't know how it worked out but anyway, here's the thread.....

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/60940-increase-elastin-production-and-utilization/

One other thing, Aveeno has dill in one of it's products. I don't know much else about it. They probably put a tiny amount of dill in it so it has no effect what-so-ever.

Another thing I wonder about is if dill extract was added to dermarolling, how effective would it be. Hummmm Idea
bspanky

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I found the followup study done in 2011 (can't attach it) that shows they made an extract of dill seed in distilled water at a 5:95 ratio. And used 1% in a cream.

It also showed improvement in vivo. However, this study was funded by BASF the maker of the extract Lylastine, sooo . . . grain of salt here.

If its that easy, it would not be hard to give it a try though.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are making me want to put together a dill tincture. Laughing
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Chlorophyll wrote:
You guys are making me want to put together a dill tincture. Laughing

So, what's the difference between a tincture and an extract? Or is there a difference. And how would one go about making a tincture or an extract from dill?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |