Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

When I look myself in the mirror under direct light...?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
my wrinkles look deeper?

But when I look myself in the mirror with a softer lighter light it looks smooth, tight, wrinkle free?

Why is that and what's the real skin you are looking at?

Thank You!
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:02 am      Reply with quote
would like to know too. how old are you im 22 same prob
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Good question! What do other people see also?

I find looking in the mirror with light shining in on the side of my face gives me really pronounced nasolabial folds and hollow eyes.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I would like to know why?
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it's no secret that lighting affects what we see and how we see things. In complete darkness, we would be led to think that we have no face at all as we can't see anything. Of course, that's not the case, but the lighting (or lack of it) makes it seem like that.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lighting has been the secret of modeling and Hollywood for decades.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:
Well, it's no secret that lighting affects what we see and how we see things. In complete darkness, we would be led to think that we have no face at all as we can't see anything. Of course, that's not the case, but the lighting (or lack of it) makes it seem like that.

That is too funny Bella, too funny!

Lighting is an issue my bathroom mirror also has very strong overhead lighting and it makes everything look worse really. I can be in a shop and see myself in the mirror and think, hey looking good! I barely even see any fine lines under my eyes or pores.

I hope that by going by my usual too close up, unflattering light skin inspection that I will look a bit better than I think I do. Its not great for the self esteem though.

Anyone remember that episode of Seinfeld where he meets the beautiful woman at a party and then when he takes her out she isn't so attractive and he works out that she is only hot in some lighting conditions? Pretty funny, that is probably true for a lot of us. I myself look the best in the dark!
purplecity
5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
the soft light can tell lies and weaken the lines in the mirror. But the fact is lines still there. Believe me! Cool
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Why do you think they recommend candlelight for romantic evenings? Bad Grin

I just wish there was a way to get rid of the hideous overhead fluorescent lights at work.

Actually, bad lighting is a good way to see what you need to get fixed next. You can't fool yourself.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Actually, bad lighting is a good way to see what you need to get fixed next. You can't fool yourself.

Agree. It can be useful to know what you look like in all lighting (and many department stores kindly provide bad lighting Very Happy ). Plus I find most hairdressers' overhead lighting particularly good at showing my faults! Is that why they always provide distracting magazines to browse....
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh...I look awful in the dark lighting, that twilight type of lighting....I look much better with bright lighting.....the dark lighting makes my face look so drawn, with shadows, and quite frankly- frightening.... Smile
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
One thing is sure. We all look better than what we believe. No one will ever look at our self as closely as we do, Or if some does, well, it is surely not to look at our flaws. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
daylight is as honest as it gets.... if you want the truth..pull that curtain open..and look in the mirror with the light of day on your face. It is really not all that bad.

however.. artificial lighting can make you look better or even worse than you "naturally" look in the light of day.
purplecity
5% products discount

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
One thing is sure. We all look better than what we believe. No one will ever look at our self as closely as we do, Or if some does, well, it is surely not to look at our flaws. Wink

Really? we all look better? Sometimes I even don't want to look at the mirrors. I'm not sure what we really look like in other's eyes
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
well, i think what she means is....typically others see all that you are...and when we look at ourselves..we see all that we are not.

it is just human nature.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |