Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
There is fantasy and then there is reality -- L'Oreal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I had no idea Diane Keaton has aged so much. I saw her just a few years back and she looked pretty good. She looks like she is in her seventies now. But how embarrassing for L'Oreal that they aired her commercial at the Golden Globes. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2538813/LOreal-accused-heavily-Photoshopping-Diane-Keaton-ad-aired-IMMEDIATELY-retouched-Golden-Globes-speech.html
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
How so clumsy of L'Oreal! I am actually mad they did this. Probably hoped to boost sales by showing off their ad after a beloved actress just left the stage. Someone clearly forgot that false advertising does not get the thumbs up. Oh how phony this makes their claims about their product look! I am actually ashamed for them. IMO they are the losers here. Hope Diane is still getting paid for her part in the ad....

Wasn't L'Oreal the same company that "whitewashed" Beyonce so she would look a few shades lighter than her true color? Why all the bull****? You would think there were a shortage of models to fit the images they are trying to portray. Argh!

They coulda used a different model who still looks the same now to continue lying about their products for the Globes ad. #Fail
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Boo on L'Oreal Sad

I wish I could get at Diane with a Dermapen, exercises, diet, supps and some decent products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I find disturbing (or disappointing) is that Diane Keaton would allow L'Oreal to photoshop her so blatantly. I would not have expected that of her. Just goes to show you never know to what degree anything is falsified in advertising.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa - that was really stupid of L'Oreal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
So is the ad 7 years old? This article from 2007 seems to be talking about the ad coming out then:

http://www.lipink.com/Diane-Keaton-and-Loreal-Cosmetics-Wrinkle-in-s/6831.htm

This may be how she looked then:

Which is kinda confusing when you see her as she appeared on Ellen from April last year. She looks so much younger in the video than she did on the 2014 Globe Awards and maybe even younger than she did in 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4y04zQaUFQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Could makeup make such a dramatic change or does she get non-invasive procedures/facials before an appearance in a movie or when promoting one on talk shows?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sure, there are noninvasive procedures to plump up the skin *cough*ASG*cough* Laughing but she has way more damage than any of that could completely erase.

Im surprised no one has ever approached her about teeth whitening! or better denture cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:53 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Boo on L'Oreal Sad

I wish I could get at Diane with a Dermapen, exercises, diet, supps and some decent products!

lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't think she would allow it, but bet she probably signed a contract and they had fine print in saying they could do what they wanted. Many times stars are just considered products for these cosmetic companies.
sister sweets wrote:
The only thing I find disturbing (or disappointing) is that Diane Keaton would allow L'Oreal to photoshop her so blatantly. I would not have expected that of her. Just goes to show you never know to what degree anything is falsified in advertising.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Wow, I had no idea Diane Keaton has aged so much. I saw her just a few years back and she looked pretty good. She looks like she is in her seventies now. But how embarrassing for L'Oreal that they aired her commercial at the Golden Globes.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2538813/LOreal-accused-heavily-Photoshopping-Diane-Keaton-ad-aired-IMMEDIATELY-retouched-Golden-Globes-speech.html

I'm not sure why but your link only links me back to your post.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try again http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2538813/LOreal-accused-heavily-Photoshopping-Diane-Keaton-ad-aired-IMMEDIATELY-retouched-Golden-Globes-speech.html

Wow, that is strange that it doesn't work. Google "dailymail diane keaton l'oreal golden globes" and it should pop up.

I'm sure they offered her a lot of money for this campaign. She has two kids to support and doesn't work that often.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think something's wacky with the links feature of EDS today. All my links just lead back to another EDS post.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
all these companies are full of crap, and I'm not buying into it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that none of the skin or hair care products I use air any commercials or hire spokesmodels. In fact, as soon as a company hires a "famous face" to hawk its beauty wares, that is when they tank in my eyes.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I think something's wacky with the links feature of EDS today. All my links just lead back to another EDS post.

I have found that if you do not surround the link string with the [URL] codes, the link may not always work right on this forum. It happened to me before when I simply typed out a link I knew by heart and it redirected to "Page Not Found".
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I don't think she would allow it, but bet she probably signed a contract and they had fine print in saying they could do what they wanted. Many times stars are just considered products for these cosmetic companies.
sister sweets wrote:

I think most 'stars' like to be photoshopped. I just never expected Diane Keaton to be one of them.
Of course she signed a contract and I suppose in doing so she knew she would be photoshopped. I don't think she missed any fine print. I just had higher expectations of her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:

I don't think it's a coincidence that none of the skin or hair care products I use air any commercials or hire spokesmodels. In fact, as soon as a company hires a "famous face" to hawk its beauty wares, that is when they tank in my eyes.

Good point. Come to think of it, the products I use don't have commercials or spokesmodels either. I prefer it that way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
What ads could do is, in very tiny print at the bottom, print a disclaimer "Your results may not be the same" or "For entertainment purposes only." Bad Grin
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:

I agree!This is how I feel too!
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I think even when they use young models, they are photoshopped - it is just more apparent when they do it to an older model! On the positive side, these days they are at least using older models/actresses and giving them work! I doubt anybody believes any photos these days - we are all much too wise. I mostly ignore all their advertising and just buy a product if I read regular good reviews from users.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure most stars do, but I wouldn't think Diane Keaton is one of them, and would willingly allow herself to be made a mockery of herself - which lets face it this campaign does just that.

Like any contracts, there are often hidden extras included in the fine print, but I doubt that she would knowingly have signed it if she knew that photoshopping was going to be included. lets hope in one of her upcoming interviews they ask her that and then we can put our minds to ease before we throw the baby out with the bathwater.
sister sweets wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I think most 'stars' like to be photoshopped. I just never expected Diane Keaton to be one of them.
Of course she signed a contract and I suppose in doing so she knew she would be photoshopped. I don't think she missed any fine print. I just had higher expectations of her.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:01 am      Reply with quote
How come no one has answered why she looks so much younger on Ellen April 2013 than she did in 2007? I find it odd that on a forum that swears gadgets can pick up the face so it looks good before an event, that no one thinks she could actually commit to such a regimen when she is making movies or promoting them.

In this video taken the same year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwo2qtgkxis&feature=youtube_gdata_player, she does not look old and wrinkly...so either she gets cosmetic procedures which she is not keeping up with at the moment, or her makeup artist's skills are as good as those of Ellen's because lovely Ellen looks very different without makeup http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2357877/CoverGirl-brand-ambassador-Ellen-DeGeneres-reveals-whats-make-steps-barefaced-furniture-shopping.html (Of course the messy paps tried to catch her making the ugliest faces to exaggerat the difference Rolling Eyes ). So IMO, it is more than Photoshop. I reckon she does something to tighten her face, esp neck and jaw for special appearances because in the vid I posted upthread of her on the Ellen Show she did not look like she had an accordion neck/jaw or wrinkly skin.

So maybe for the Globe Awards she forewent layers of makeup and any facials/work she normally gets. *shrug*
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Google "face lift tape". Instantly youthenizing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Google "face lift tape". Instantly youthenizing!

Exactly my point! Everyone is clutching pearls at the horror that Diane Keaton had the audacity to allow extreme Photoshop to be done on her when really she may have had just the bare minimal done just like it is done on young models, only she already looked pretty good because she had something ELSE done to make her look younger IRL beforehand.

IOW, Diane didn't show up to film for the ad looking as she did at the Globe Awards. She had gotten "a lift by whatever means" so she looked younger than usual and then she had the ad made. Plus this was 7 years ago, which IMO is enough time for someone who isn't doing anything to fight aging to age and look different, especially if the makeup application happens to be also different. *shrug*
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 am      Reply with quote
If L'Oreal is still using photos and footage shot seven years ago, that would go a long way toward explaining the discrepancy in her appearance. In middle age, more so than in one's twenties or thirties, there is a more rapid decline in looks due to lack of hormones.

I'm sure Diane likes looking good professionally but can't be bothered to do it herself. Her choice.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Jane Fonda is more or less, 9 years older than Diane Keaton. She is now 76.

Check out janefonda.com for current candids. I think she looks amazing.

I also think Diane Keaton looks amazing - at the awards show and in ads.

Both of these women (with the means and resources to do whatever they want) appear to be happy with who they are.

Everyone should be so lucky.

BFG

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |