Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Argan Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Does anyone know anything about Argan Oil. I stumbled across this site http://www.narsonskin.co.uk/shop/under-eye-treatment-cream/

Many thanks

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I read the link! I use argan oil as it's great for dry skin during winter when my skin feels drier, but that's about it. It's a great moisturiser. It's not a miracle oil and I've never experience any of the claims they made.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Aww many thanks fongflyer5. Im not too clued up on skincare and looking at getting a proper skincare routine together. Finding it all very hard going and not know which way to go. So far i h ave ordered Retin A 0.25 and 0.5 % which i will use pm though will start off every few nights to see how i get on. Ive been reading about Copper peps amongst other things but its all confusing.
Thank you once again

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I use Argan oil (pure Argan oil, not a cream with Argan as an ingredient) under my moisturiser in the morning, and on its own at night.
I have quite dry skin, and it's very good for that.
I also use it on my hair.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Argan oil is a good moisturizer for dry skin and its packed with natural vitamin e- a good oil to have in your cabinet. I like squalane and macadamia too.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thank you all for your help. I dont think this is quite what im looking for. Im trying to start a skin care routine. I think i was thinking it was like a vitamin C...... im quite cluesless Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Argan oil has numerous benefits for skin and hair. Just do a simple search on google and you'll get loads of info. You should also search up the Josie Maran argan oil on Sephora for reviews, just don't buy hers (it's quite expensive) - you can get them anywhere as long as its unrefined and cold-pressed
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi HollyN and oasisjc, thank you for your advice. I will do a bit more search on this along with the other many things i keep finding ..... it really does get quite confusing. I dont know where i would be with out the knowledge of the ladies on here Smile

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Argan oil is available in amazone stores

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Argan oil contains a number of different vitamins and beneficial ingredients. It is currently one of the best skincare oils available and being put in different products all the time from skincare to haircare. You can purchase Argan oil in it's pure form from allot of different online shops including eBay (which is where I bought mine from).

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom and mountain rose herbs have pretty great quality oils
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I came across this, does it look good for a sunscreen Question

www.100percentpure.co.uk/ARGAN-OIL-FACIAL-MOISTURIZER-SPF-30-s/572.htm[url]
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Argan looks like Avocado, is the smell of argan oil good?

5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:01 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine uses pure, organic argan oil on her face and claims that it's made her skin smoother than anything else she's tried. She said she used have terrible acne and oily skin (she's in her late 40s now) but the argan oil didn't make it worse, but seemed to make it go away.

She has fabulous, young-looking skin. I'm not sure if it's a result of Botox or the argan oil though.

I recently started using it on my hair before drying it and it feels really light and absorbs quickly into my hands, not at all how I expected it to. I'm considering using it on my face, which is dry from Epiduo (acne med).
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
will it make your skin oily and have pimple? i tried olive oil before but have pimple.

actionwoman wrote:
A friend of mine uses pure, organic argan oil on her face and claims that it's made her skin smoother than anything else she's tried. She said she used have terrible acne and oily skin (she's in her late 40s now) but the argan oil didn't make it worse, but seemed to make it go away.

She has fabulous, young-looking skin. I'm not sure if it's a result of Botox or the argan oil though.

I recently started using it on my hair before drying it and it feels really light and absorbs quickly into my hands, not at all how I expected it to. I'm considering using it on my face, which is dry from Epiduo (acne med).

5% products discount

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
No, it doesn't cause acne. I've started using the stuff I use for my hair on my face and it really absorbs and doesn't make my skin oily at all.

My friend says she used to have a "pizza face" but doesn't any longer.
rain
5% products discount

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Argan oil has really improved my skin. I use it combined with cactus seed oil. Going natural do an intensive one which is excellent. My friends kept telling me how good my skin was looking and have also started using it. At £45 for 125ml it's a good price. I have been told they are getting some other products soon. Look up arcs oil.
It is amazing how young the women in morocco look. They also eat argan oil, everyday!
whskdgs
5% products discount

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 am      Reply with quote
actionwoman wrote:
No, it doesn't cause acne. I've started using the stuff I use for my hair on my face and it really absorbs and doesn't make my skin oily at all.

My friend says she used to have a "pizza face" but doesn't any longer.

thanks for sharing. actually i am also concerned if the oil causes acne, as my face is very oily and easy to have acne.
Blue25

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I had a bad experience with argon oil... I have very dry skin and argon oil only made it worse, drying and making my skin flake. I did some more research and found out that its a matifying oil. So i'd think it would be best for people with oily to combination skin types.
klimax
5% products discount

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Blue25 wrote:
I had a bad experience with argon oil... I have very dry skin and argon oil only made it worse, drying and making my skin flake. I did some more research and found out that its a matifying oil. So i'd think it would be best for people with oily to combination skin types.

fongflyer5 wrote:
I read the link! I use argan oil as it's great for dry skin during winter when my skin feels drier, but that's about it. It's a great moisturiser. It's not a miracle oil and I've never experience any of the claims they made.

Have u tried marula oil. It is labelled as 'miracle oil'. it has more going for it than Argan oil which is labelled 'liquid gold'. anyone used both? want to know more about these two oils.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Blue25 wrote:

I also have dry skin. Argan oil does not moisturize or act as a good barrier protector for me. Tried Melvita and Josie Maran brands. Rosehip oil is much better for dry skin.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |