Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My new super skin hydrator machine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Being an esthetician I'm always coveting some new skincare machine or another. A few years ago when the oxygen treatment machines were all the rage, I searched and searched for a low cost machine. I finally came up with an alternative that hydrates the skin just as well. Check out the video to see how I did it.

http://youtu.be/rdlcB7weTgs

Cheers,
Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Now I really really want that cucumber toner! It looks like you can find a smaller sized bottle online for $20. I like this idea, I'm sure it feels really luxurious, I've got a couple airbrush sets stuffed away in the closet that I'm inspired to pull out.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Do you have to have an airbrush set for it to be effective Christine? Looks like nice application method, but I don't own such a thing. The closest I have is a spray bottle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Do you have to have an airbrush set for it to be effective Christine? Looks like nice application method, but I don't own such a thing. The closest I have is a spray bottle.

You could use a spray bottle. My client I used it on yesterday texted me today saying her skin looked and felt so nice today! Happy with my purchase and glad the experiment worked!

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
An oxygen facial machine is supposed to filter the oxygen out of the air and deliver it at about 98% pure to the skin. A spray bottle can't replicate that - you are simply spraying solution on to the skin, not oxygen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Christine thanks for letting us know about a product you recommend. I'm not usually a toner type of person. I have a few spray bottles that are great for delivering a fine mist and they might work perfectly.

I suspect most of us know that a spray bottle with solution in it is not an oxygen facial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:31 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I suspect most of us know that a spray bottle with solution in it is not an oxygen facial.

Absolutely, a spray bottle is the most basic method of delivering a solution onto the skin. But considering the original post is regarding making an affordable low cost oxygen machine, I don't think a spray bottle cuts it.

I'm not sure what machine Christine is using to attach the spray nozzle to - but you can purchase portable oxygen facial machines from Alibaba or DHGate - they are priced from around $200 - $500. They're manufactured in China (as is about every other beauty machine) and I have no idea of their quality or effectiveness. But they may be worth considering.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:08 am      Reply with quote
The opening topic was oxygen facials and then this came up as an alternative of sorts. That's how I took it. (something fun to try!) I doubt I'd buy an oxygen machine. I certainly have enough to keep me busy these days. Taking care of your face becomes a full-time job.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:20 am      Reply with quote
For those in the US, LivingSocial currently has 3 different Airbrush systems available in the "Shop" section (I think, but am not positive, that these are usually nationwide deals) for $89 and $99. These come with makeup or tanning solutions, but I'm sure you could do as Christine has done, and put toner in them instead.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
The point I'm trying to make is that an oxygen facial machine actually filters the air to deliver 98% oxygen to the face. Spray bottles and makeup or paint airbrush machines just use air to propel the liquid - they don't filter out the oxygen. As long as I can remember, I've been using a spray bottle to squirt my face with Rosewater - but I have never thought of it as an alternative to an oxygen facial.

Anyway, I've picked up a machine for $129.00. I intend to use it with pure Hyaluronic Acid. If it's any good, I'll report back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,
What do you mean by "pure hyaluronic acid"?
Do you mean that there is nothing else mixed in
with it, or is it "pure" as opposed to some that aren't pure?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
mariposa wrote:
Keliu,
What do you mean by "pure hyaluronic acid"?
Do you mean that there is nothing else mixed in
with it, or is it "pure" as opposed to some that aren't pure?

I just mean an HA that isn't just an ingredient amongst others in a serum. I'll probably buy the HA powder from Skinactives.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
The only part of the oxygen treatment I was trying to replicate was the hydration aspect. I thought it was really cool the whole spraying on a serum part. This is not an oxygen treatment AT ALL.

Anyway, it's working nicely for my clients. I attach it to the spray vac segment of my 8 in 1 skincare machine.

Hope that clarifies things.

Cheers,
Christine

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:53 am      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
The only part of the oxygen treatment I was trying to replicate was the hydration aspect. I thought it was really cool the whole spraying on a serum part. This is not an oxygen treatment AT ALL.

Anyway, it's working nicely for my clients. I attach it to the spray vac segment of my 8 in 1 skincare machine.

Thanks for clarifying - although I don't think this method would be any more hydrating than a spray bottle. An airbrush machine just delivers a more even, finer spray - it won't penetrate the solution into the skin. Although, I don't know if an oxygen facial machine will do that either (probably not),

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
girltwocb wrote:

Thanks for clarifying - although I don't think this method would be any more hydrating than a spray bottle. An airbrush machine just delivers a more even, finer spray - it won't penetrate the solution into the skin. Although, I don't know if an oxygen facial machine will do that either (probably not),

Maybe the reason for using an oxygen machine is because proponents believe the pressure from it pushes the skincare products into the skin which they believe is why the skin looks "renewed" and plumped up. But opponents say that all it does is irritate the skin and cause it to swell temporarily. (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/06/fashion/thursdaystyles/06skin.html?_r&_r=0)

I personally have always been suspicious of products that produce immediate results. Blame it on that "easy come, easy go" motto I have. Plus I am always afraid of teaching my skin things it never knew it needed/was missing so that now they become essential for its survival and my peace of mind, yanno?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think that oxygen would help penetrate products into the skin better than anything else. Some proponents say that it is beneficial to the health of the skin - think the High Frequency Wand (which I also use). But what confuses me about this is everything else we use is an anti-oxidant!!! Go figure!

There is certainly no clinical evidence on the benefits of oxygen facials - but then that is true for about every other cosmetic treatment. I'm also wary of reports of instant plumping - only logical explanation is inflammation.

The treatment does get quite allot of good reviews on Realself - and that site is usually full of negative experiences. Anyway, I will report back after I've used my machine. But I'm also wondering how this very cheap machine can compare to the salon machines costing thousands. But you never know until you give it a go!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
One more thought on hydrating the skin with a spray - wouldn't a shower do that? I don't notice that my skin is any more plumped after a shower.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
before I say anything else, I wanted to say that Christine, u have amazing skin! so glowy, dewy, fresh n all the other nice words I cant think of right now!

However I think, though a very pleasant spa experience, misting this way or any other way would be just overkill, but why not if one got the time n patience.. I can imagine Cleopatra misting milk if she had this machine Wink
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
One more thought on hydrating the skin with a spray - wouldn't a shower do that? I don't notice that my skin is any more plumped after a shower.

I've just remembered that a local spa in my area offers a Vichy Shower - just more expensive hype IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to ad that whenevr i wash my face, i pat dry it with a towel.. if I let it dry on its own, I gte that stretch feel meaning it over dried... I forgot where, but I read that it's always best to pat dry t face otherwise when water evaporates naturally it ll take away some of t skin moisture n in my case that is true....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Having had several of the Vichy showers at various spas they were a nice treat but nothing I pay extra for. We have an arm in our shower with 6-7 heads that does basically the same thing. Its okay.
I have used spray bottles in the past to apply HA
and products and it feels nice in the application. I also have several toners that I use spray bottles to apply such as Dr. H and Russell Organics.
I would however, be interested if the oxygen machine turns out to be beneficial and takes it one step further.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:38 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
before I say anything else, I wanted to say that Christine, u have amazing skin! so glowy, dewy, fresh n all the other nice words I cant think of right now!

However I think, though a very pleasant spa experience, misting this way or any other way would be just overkill, but why not if one got the time n patience.. I can imagine Cleopatra misting milk if she had this machine Wink

I also consider things like this a fun treat, not necessarily anything revolutionary in applying a product in such a manner but sometimes I don't care if things are revolutionary if they feel damn good. I loved your comparison to Cleopatra! I guess somewhere in my mind I get a kick out of the connection that beauty treatments can give you to the past, all the kinds of treatments women have done through the years and passed down their ideas, all these self-care rituals, it's just so cool to me. Sometimes the ritual is a form of meditation.

I was really more intrigued by the toner than the airbrush, I picked up a bottle, sounded really nice, hydrating...I'll let ya'll know what I think of it if anyone's interested.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |