Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Holistic Health and Beauty -- let's share what works
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
[ Moderator ~ Hi All, We've updated the topic title of this thread to better fit the evolving discussion of "Energy-Based Skin Care - what I like" to the more expansive "Holistic Health & Beauty -- let's share what works". The goal is to create a supportive space for like-minded members interested in holistic health and beauty to share knowledge and personal experiences of what's working for them. ]

-----

Energy based skincare is an extremely controversial subject right now. I, for one have recently started using the Pico Toner and ASG at the same time and it has transformed my skin in less than a month. It has been such an improvement, that I want to know more about other energy based products, gadgets and practices. For me, this will be the anti-aging path that I will follow from now on. Unfortunately, the topic is so controversial that EDS has had to close down every thread that has been started on the topic. The arguments have gotten too ugly to maintain a thread on the topic. I want to know more, and have considered leaving EDS. Before I leave my favorite source of information, I would like to make a last ditch effort. I will create two threads on the topic.

Energy Based Skincare - why I like it
Energy Based Skincare - why I don't like it

Those who don't like it, post on the don't like it thread. Those that do, post on the do like it thread. Anyone who posts on the wrong thread will officially be posting off topic.

I do understand both sides. Those that don't like it are concerned that people will be misinformed, and simply want to make sure everyone understands the science (or lack thereof). The ones who don't like it believe it is all 100% quackery. To those, I say, you now have your own thread to post all of your opinions. Those who do like it, don't care as much about the science and only care about the results. To those people, myself included, you now have your own thread to post results and tips to others who also like it without fear of feeling attacked. I will include a link to the other thread on both, to make sure anyone reading it can easily access both sides of the topic.

Energy based skincare includes any method or combination of methods that that uses energy for skincare purposes. This includes micro-current, ASG, Osmosis water, Ultrasonic, galvanic, Tua Trend, Magnetic Water, and ionized water, just to name a few.

I am doing this simply because I come to EDS for informational purposes and am have a difficult time getting it because of all the arguing. I hope we can agree to disagree and leave our opinions only on the appropriate threads.

Thank you,
Tonia

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who would like to see the other side of the topic, (Energy Based Skincare - Why I don't like it) here it is:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6522237#6522237

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Brilliant idea and so much more sane. Thanks Laughing
I will be posting later. Regards ~~Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
To my way of thinking, it's not a brilliant idea to lump all electrical gadgets together in one thread. Are you also including in "Energy Based Skincare" professional IPL, RF or Laser treatments?

I'm a gadget queen and have tried just about everything on the market - I'm not against electrical devices, but some I like, some I don't. Some electrical devices have clinical evidence behind them, some don't.

As for the "energising" of water - there are now so many methods of doing this. Water can be placed in coloured bottles and placed in the sun. You can purchase water bottles, flasks and goblets to "energise" water. There are vortex machines, machines with magnets etc. etc. You can even pray over your water to "energise" it. How do you even start to compare this sort of thing to an electrical gadget.

So my main comment is this - electricity is a quantifiable thing. However, at this point in time, there is absolutely no scientific evidence that water can be "energised". And if we were to discuss "energising" water through prayer - well that is a matter of faith.

< mod snip >

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
To my way of thinking, it's not a brilliant idea to lump all electrical gadgets together in one thread. Are you also including in "Energy Based Skincare" professional IPL, RF or Laser treatments?

HF, LED, corded needling devices, steamers, Clarisonic, Foreo Luna, etc.....all use energy as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time I have heard that term and I am a regular visitor of other skin care forums.

I really don't have an opinion either way at this point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Keliu, that's it! I don't know what is included in this category because the arguing has prevented those interested from being able to discuss it. The purpose of this thread is for those interested to discuss what contributes to energizing the skin and what doesn't. If you don't believe skin or water can be energized, please post your explanations on the other thread while the ones who do like it sort through those details on this thread.

Yes, this thread probably will cover the Pico and ASG since a lot of us feel it is relevant to to the topic. If you disagree with that, please post your reasons on the dislike thread, but please allow the conversations to take place on this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
The purpose of this thread is for those interested to discuss what contributes to energizing the skin and what doesn't. thread.

But how can you compare the energy which is delivered from a Fraxel Restore treatment to that of, say, a High Frequency Wand?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
And what is meant by "energy"? Many of us call electricity "energy" (My energy bill, etc) and electricity is something that can be absolutely proven, without a shadow of a doubt to anyone, to exist. Therefore, devices that use electricity or batteries can be unarguably said to have "energy". "Energy" inside of a skin spray is INtangible and not scientifically provable. And to make specific claims about things that fall into the "field of medicine" one needs to be very, VERY careful or they could have the same problem as what happened to the makers of "Sensa" weight loss sprinkles who got sued by the FTC for $26.5 MILLION dollars for their claims. Weight loss and anti aging are BOTH medical issues and there are medical doctors who specialize in one or the other.

Quote:

This month the Federal Trade Commission announced it had reached a $26.5 million settlement with the marketers of Sensa Weight Loss System after accusing the company and Hirsch of false and deceptive advertising practices.

Hirsch, who patented Sensa's "tastant" crystals and holds an ownership stake in Sensa Products, is barred under the agreement from making weight-loss claims about dietary supplements, food or drugs unless they are backed up with two adequate and well-controlled human clinical trials...

Before the FTC settlement, the crystals were marketed as "clinically proven to cause substantial weight loss without dieting or exercise, averaging 30 pounds in six months," based on two of Hirsch's studies. Sensa racked up $364 million in U.S. sales from 2008 to 2012; a two-month starter kit sells for $118.

The FTC charged that the product had no clinical evidence to support it and cited major flaws with Hirsch's research, including the lack of placebo controls.

"The man is making money preying on patients who are desperate to lose weight, with very little tools to help them that are safe and effective," said Dr. Caroline Apovian, director of the Nutrition and Weight Management Center at Boston Medical Center and an expert in drugs that promote weight loss.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-sensa-weight-loss-hirsch-20140119,0,7412554.story

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I don't know what is included in this category because the arguing has prevented those interested from being able to discuss it. The purpose of this thread is for those interested to discuss what contributes to energizing the skin and what doesn't.

Anything that brings oxygen enriched blood to the skin, and/or increases the turnover of dead surface cells, will "energize" the skin and it's foundation, just the way nature intends it. Rev up that process, and your skin will tell you just how that's working for ya.

Topically, the best things we can use to reach the goal of a healthy, glowing skin is to feed it what it will thrive and flourish with. And yes, "energize" it to function just like when we were young(er).

Amino Acids
Peptides
Antioxidants
Fatty Acids

I must tell you that I don't believe in energized water products, but even if I did, you can spray yourself with it until doomsday, and it won't (can't) penetrate the epidermis.. The best you can hope for, is a temporary swelling of the dead surface cells on the stratum corneum. And why anybody would want to keep the dead stuff intact, well, I just dunno.. Confused

Gadgets are terrific "energizers" for the skin, with red diode LED's being at the tip top of the list.. Tons of studies are available, with "NASA's" probably being the most in depth. Heck, even macular degeneration is being treated with success with LED's. Now that's energizing! Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I'm glad you said that because it has been a concern of mine. I find it interesting that you thought of it too. I don't think Fraxel would contribute to energizing since it is breaking up tissue. I have a Tria and was planning to start an 8 week treatment cycle but decided to put it off because I'm afraid it will disrupt my progress. The Pico, LED and ASG seem to be building, so why would I want to break up tissue right now. I have temporarily stopped Retinol too.

On the other hand, the purpose of the lasers and needling is renewal. I wonder if, in the long run, it does contribute to energizing the skin at the renewal stages.

I am genuinely trying to think through this and figure out what works and what doesn't.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Keliu, I'm glad you said that because it has been a concern of mine. I find it interesting that you thought of it too. I don't think Fraxel would contribute to energizing since it is breaking up tissue. I have a Tria and was planning to start an 8 week treatment cycle but decided to put it off because I'm afraid it will disrupt my progress. The Pico, LED and ASG seem to be building, so why would I want to break up tissue right now. I have temporarily stopped Retinol too.

On the other hand, the purpose of the lasers and needling is renewal. I wonder if, in the long run, it does contribute to energizing the skin at the renewal stages.

I am genuinely trying to think through this and figure out what works and what doesn't.

If you are using electricity, then you are using energy. Lasers and Dermapens work by injuring the skin to bring about the wound healing cascade - which will renew the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Anything that brings oxygen enriched blood to the skin, and/or increases the turnover of dead surface cells, will "energize" the skin and it's foundation, just the way nature intends it. Rev up that process, and your skin will tell you just how that's working for ya.

Topically, the best things we can use to reach the goal of a healthy, glowing skin is to feed it what it will thrive and flourish with. And yes, "energize" it to function just like when we were young(er).

Amino Acids
Peptides
Antioxidants
Fatty Acids

Gadgets are terrific "energizers" for the skin, with red diode LED's being at the tip top of the list.. Tons of studies are available, with "NASA's" probably being the most in depth. Heck, even macular degeneration is being treated with success with LED's. Now that's energizing! Cool

That's helpful. I would think that bringing oxygen rich blood to the skin would help. I've added more aerobic activity to my workout routine since I had been doing only Callanetics.

What about oxygen skin care and things like cell food?

What do you mean by:

Amino Acids
Peptides
Antioxidants
Fatty Acids

Do you mean topically/nutritionally, or both?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tonia wrote:

If you are using electricity, then you are using energy. Lasers and Dermapens work by injuring the skin to bring about the wound healing cascade - which will renew the skin.

Using energy and energizing (increasing energy) aren't necessarily the same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

Using energy and energizing (increasing energy) aren't necessarily the same thing.

No, one's cause and one's effect - so for there to be an effect, you'd have to prove there was a cause!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tonia wrote:

No, one's cause and one's effect - so for there to be an effect, you'd have to prove there was a cause!

Yes, and if an effect can't exist without a cause, then the effect itself proves there was a cause.

Wait a minute, how did we get here? Lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
An effect without a cause is called a miracle - and we see allot of those at Eds!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
When we get to something worth commenting on, please let me know, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think I want to start a thread named " miraculous products"... oh wait, someone already did.... only 2 products come to my mind which are going to be discussed here by, guess who? yea, u got it!!!! But wait, why do they need another thread when they already have like a dozen of em.... are they all locked?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

What do you mean by:

Amino Acids
Peptides
Antioxidants
Fatty Acids

Yes, "both" would be wonderful. And "Cell Food" products are terrific. I use them internally + incorporate the 'drops' into many DIY products.

I think the "oxygen" they try to tell me is in the bottle/jar is just a gimmick, but I'm really interested in the amino acid and trace mineral content.

The "Skin Gel" might be something you would like to try with your microcurrent treatments. You could just add a little into whatever conductive gel you use. It contains 78 ionic trace minerals, 34 enzymes, 17 amino acids, electrolytes and dissolved oxygen.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Tonia wrote:

What do you mean by:

Amino Acids
Peptides
Antioxidants
Fatty Acids

Yes, "both" would be wonderful. And "Cell Food" products are terrific. I use them internally + incorporate the 'drops' into many DIY products.

I think the "oxygen" they try to tell me is in the bottle/jar is just a gimmick, but I'm really interested in the amino acid and trace mineral content.

The "Skin Gel" might be something you would like to try with your microcurrent treatments. You could just add a little into whatever conductive gel you use. It contains 78 ionic trace minerals, 34 enzymes, 17 amino acids, electrolytes and dissolved oxygen.

Now this stuff excites me...Kassy, I looked it up on amazon and I think I've found it. I'm scared to post a link here for fear of screwing it up but it's called "Cellfood Skin Care Oxygen Gel, 2-Ounce Jars" and it's $23, must be the one? I've been looking for something I could add to my pico routine just to enhance the effects. I might try this.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:

Now this stuff excites me...Kassy, I looked it up on amazon and I think I've found it. I'm scared to post a link here for fear of screwing it up but it's called "Cellfood Skin Care Oxygen Gel, 2-Ounce Jars" and it's $23, must be the one? I've been looking for something I could add to my pico routine just to enhance the effects. I might try this.

By golly you've got it Car.. That's the one Very Happy

LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:19 am      Reply with quote
What do you think about the cellfood DNA-RNA product? Could that be used topically?
jasminerosey 1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ok, i don't have time to proof this or make it easier to read....but

i love vitamin 'O' products because i experience the increased well-being and energy both from taking them intrnally and applying them to my skin.

vitamin 'O' is what is referred to as stabilized oxygen

i use one from Family Health News externally on my face and body called Dynamo

familyhealthnews.com... take a look at their site (i am not affliliated in any way) they have all kinds of oxygen products and generously will take time to answer questions.

They have 2 products they say are eqivalent to cellfood but less expensive. one is called Vital O the other is called Oxylift. my DH uses Oxylift internally. (I can not use any product with citric acid which stops me from using most products which contain amino acids & minerals in addition to the 'stabilized oxygen' soi get these nutrients from other sources.

another source of stabilized oxygen or vitamin 0 is a product from Healthforce callled Oxygen Supreme 11(this company has created Vitamineral Green... which i know some use very happily on EDS)

Healthforce products are also the most vital/energizing/oxygenating of the green products that i have encountered..they are also 'energized' as well as being energy stimulating foods themselves (spirulina, chlorella, whest grass juice, etc)

i do have an afflilation with Healthforce products though.. in that depending on my circumstance & time committment... i sell them... very very infrequently..but nonetheless I am registered with them as a distributor.

At any rate when i am in the USA i use their oxygen supreme 11 product internally ...it comes in glass so i don't take it with when i am living in india.. there i use the Dynamo product from Family Health News internally as well as externally cause it comes in plastic and is very concentrated.

anyway i think anyone sensitive to energy who took Oxygen Supreme 11 in water first thing in the morning would feel the difference immediately.

and

just to clarify..on the last pico thread..which was locked..so i couldn't respond..i spoke about vitamin O..and also about 3% food grade H2O2..(not the pharmaceutical grade which is the kind sold at the drugstore)..since i thougt that H202 might be more familiar to people than stabized oxygen...

i was told by an EDS'er that in additiona to my stating that it is only 3% H2O2 that should be used externally on the skin..it was essential to let people know that more than 3% is extremely dangerous as it can'burn' and permenently and seriously damage skin...even 3% may be too harsh for some people but it will do no perment harm

taken internally....because H202 is oxygenating but often upsetting to the stomach..stabized oxygen products like dynamo, oxylift, cellfood, oxygen supreme 11 were developed because they do not cause the same upset in the stomach as H202 can.

WARNING..H202 can not be taken internally 'straight'..the very very most it can be taken internally is 1 tbl per liter of water..and that is after s.l.o.w.l.y adjusting to it bit by bit... and i do not advise anyone to even try taking much less than that... unless you have absolutley deeply studied about H2O2 on your own...of course there is much controversy about taking it internally at all...but i do take it PERSONALLY when i am in india and run of of stabilized oxygen...and do fine with it (after years of studying about it)
jasminerosey 1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:40 am      Reply with quote
WHOOPS!..as far as taking H2O2 i meant to say in my last post that the very very most that could be taken internally ...after buiding up very very slowly... is one tbl of 3% food grade H2O2 per liter of water (that's food grade H2O2 ...not the pharmeceutical grade drugstore H2O2)

again... please please never take it internally without fully studying it on your own..and remember that stabilized oxygen is so much easier on your stomach and so much safer to use then H202 anyway
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |