Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
whats the best epilator that doesnt hurt but gets awesome re
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
klimax
5% products discount

Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking at philips and braun. some people say braun one hurts and philips one doesnt, dont know if that applies to their latest and greatest product. also philips one isnt cordless. im looking for cordless one. it should also be able to do sensitive areas. this really interests me, an epilator and exfoliator in one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r8-IMS6x7J4
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly think they all "could" hurt. I would take a look at Amazon reviews also.

The price of laser hair removal has dropped. Lots of salons/spas are offering this service now. Best results are pale skin with dark hair.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I decided to get Braun Silk-épil 7681 in the end.

http://bestepilator.co.uk/top-5-epilators.html

http://www.braun.com/uk/female-grooming/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-epilators-comparison.html
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Pulling hair out by the root hurts. period.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Philips Satin Ice - I have had it 12 years and still love it. It came with a mountable ice block thing which was supposed to help numb the skin though I found it to be too cumbersome so never used it.

I self waxed my legs in the years prior to epilating so doing my legs never really hurt. my underarms and bikini line were unpleasant the first time, but it does get better. I wouldn't use anything else now. I can whip it out and be fuzz free in minutes. No real discomfort.

The hair on my legs was never really dark but now it is almost unnoticable exepct if the sunlight catches it.

I maybe epilate once a month. After ten years, that is enough.

I did read once and I think it is true, (ladies) epilate mid cycle when the skin is less sensitive and hormones most settled. If I epilate close to my period I get a bit of a chicken skin look and I think it does hurt a little more.

Perseever with your epilator. It is one of the best gadgets I ever bought and has paid for itself many times over.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been using an Emjoi for many years and love it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I like my Braun Silk-Epil & been using it for ~18 years. Hair does grow in finer and sparser (or maybe its just hormones!) and I seem to need to do it less and less now.

At first it bothered me (ripping out hair by the roots is painful, there's no denying that) but now it doesnt and I just zip-zip-done with it. Less messy than waxing/sugaring too. I even use the Silk-Epil on my bunny-fur (sides of cheeks) to make them smooth.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |