Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Help me! I'm doing FE wrong
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
daniela_58

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i'm new to the forum and i hope that you all will help me. I'm doing FE, and i think it's extremely effective. it helps my nasolabial fold a lots. But i did it wrong so my face got really weird look (the area from my lip to my eye was very long, it made my face look longer and weird). So i found down that because i didn't contract my upper lip)that why when i pulled down, i pulled my top furrow down too. It gets so much better ever seen, my face looks less weird . But now i'm kind of lose it. I can't contract my upper lip up anymore, i feel like when i contract my lip up into a sneer, it was my nose pulling my lip up, not my lip pulling up itself. As i press my upper lip, i don't feel the firm muscles like i used to. and now my face looks a little bit long and weird again after i pull it down. Please help me, what do i need to do to contract my upper lip up right
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Facial exercise rock. However, you say your face looks weird. Have you been following a complete program or just doing exercises for that area? You see I think that seems to be the most common problem, people only do one exercise and not follow a complete program. Don’t get me wrong – I don’t think long term that’s the thing to aim for but in the beginning whilst you are learning doing a complete program helps these things not occur.

With doing a sneer it might be that the muscle isn’t woken up yet. From memory the muscle that makes a person sneer is the caninus and so maybe you have been using your nose to make that movement instead of that muscle, and it just might take time to practice that. The lip itself won’t move but the caninus is the one that pulls the mouth upwards into a sneer.

daniela_58 wrote:
Hi, i'm new to the forum and i hope that you all will help me. I'm doing FE, and i think it's extremely effective. it helps my nasolabial fold a lots. But i did it wrong so my face got really weird look (the area from my lip to my eye was very long, it made my face look longer and weird). So i found down that because i didn't contract my upper lip)that why when i pulled down, i pulled my top furrow down too. It gets so much better ever seen, my face looks less weird . But now i'm kind of lose it. I can't contract my upper lip up anymore, i feel like when i contract my lip up into a sneer, it was my nose pulling my lip up, not my lip pulling up itself. As i press my upper lip, i don't feel the firm muscles like i used to. and now my face looks a little bit long and weird again after i pull it down. Please help me, what do i need to do to contract my upper lip up right
daniela_58

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your answer. I guess from now on i will practice sneering everyday Bad Grin by using my caninus muscle. It sucks because just the few days ago, i can do it correctly and now i can't do it anymore. and now it's really hard to do it right.
I don't do all the exercises in the program, just some of them, like ones for my cheek, ones for my nasolabial fold and ones for my chin.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Daniela I would say don’t pick and choose exercises – do the whole program starting out for a few months and then see what your face needs. Believe me it will save you time and efforts and probably how you got into that mess was by doing your own thing and not using all your muscles evenly and equally so you made the ones that are working now stronger and the caninus less stronger in comparison. There does come a time when you customise things, but because I’m guessing you are young, you want to do the whole face and not just the trouble parts
daniela_58 wrote:
Thank you so much for your answer. I guess from now on i will practice sneering everyday Bad Grin by using my caninus muscle. It sucks because just the few days ago, i can do it correctly and now i can't do it anymore. and now it's really hard to do it right.
I don't do all the exercises in the program, just some of them, like ones for my cheek, ones for my nasolabial fold and ones for my chin.
daniela_58

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Yes i'm still very young and my muscles respond to the exercises very fast, guess i will follow your advice. Thank u. And do you do FE, which muscles you contract when you do ones for nasolabial fold
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Please do follow the advice, because it will help you avoid other problems.

I have done facial exercise for well over 10 years and started late in life (50s). I do a mix of programs because I now know my face very well but started out with following some completely. One of the first I did was Facial Magic, and then I did Eva Fraser's etc and I've added to my routine as time progressed but I think there is something really important in working out all your muscles at the start and then customising.

I don't think of which exercises I contract for the NL fold because it doesn't matter to me. As long as its having an effect - I don't care which exercise does what. Just doesn't interest me.
daniela_58 wrote:
Yes i'm still very young and my muscles respond to the exercises very fast, guess i will follow your advice. Thank u. And do you do FE, which muscles you contract when you do ones for nasolabial fold
ballerina
5% products discount

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've got reservations about all programs, but Ageless if you Dare does do a good job of cutting back on exercises that make you look bad short-term. To start with I'd go with Ageless for a safe bet and add others when you get to learn about your face.
B
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend getting advice from an FE trainer. That is the best thing to do in your situation. HTH Smile

Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank u all, i've got it now
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey Daniela

Can you share what you are doing now - just in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation as you in the future? Its awesome to have that kind of info because it will help others!
daniela_58 wrote:
Thank u all, i've got it now

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
now i'm still doing FE, but before i didn't do it right. I have my problem with nasolabial fold. To do the exercise right, i need to pull my upper lip up into a sneer, but because i didn't do it right that's why when i pulled my caninus muscle down, instead of lifting my top furrow up, i actually pulled it down. but now it gets so much better ever since i can sneer
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Cool that's great. Are you only exercising that area? I'm always cautious of that because I know from past experience that once an area starts changing, the other areas that have been neglected look strange in comparison. So I'd really urge you to do a complete program rather than just one exercise so you develop a harmonious face
daniela_58 wrote:
now i'm still doing FE, but before i didn't do it right. I have my problem with nasolabial fold. To do the exercise right, i need to pull my upper lip up into a sneer, but because i didn't do it right that's why when i pulled my caninus muscle down, instead of lifting my top furrow up, i actually pulled it down. but now it gets so much better ever since i can sneer

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Of course not, i do exercise for other area too, but more careful about that area. Facial exercise is a real miracle
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |