Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Wrinkle looking lines from pores???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Uy. I just can't win. So, I recently introduced a cleanser to my skin routine and stopped using the cleanser I had been using (it's been discontinued anyway). And I guess it must be the culprit of my issues... I have had in the past two days, lines that formed on my forehead and one near my cheek but they aren't normal wrinkle lines I think, they look like tiny pores collapsed together and made the lines. My skin is very porous with large looking pores on my forehead and cheeks and always looks like that, but now these lines are making me so upset. I don't know how or why the new cleanser I introduced would cause my skin to react this way. The new cleanser is called Josie Maran argan cleanser. I'm saddened that this could be from the cleanser because the cleanser seemed I guess too good to be true because I felt like it was hydrating to my skin and it didn't feel like it stripped my skin of anything at all. Does anyone have this issue or experience with these kinds of porous lines?

I have been moisturizing a lot. The only other thing I used recently was 2 20% PTR unwrinkle peel pads that were samples. I used them 2 days in a row at night, but that was 4 days ago and these wrinkle looking pores formed 2 days ago and then a new one must have formed today because I am just noticing a new one. The other thing I tried was murad clarifying mask (it's a sulfur and salicylic acid mask) and I only used it once so far on my skin last night. Oh I actually forgot to mention I also used marula oil the last 4 days but I didn't use it today because at first I thought this oil was the culprit but since I'm now seeing a new line I didn't see yesterday, I'm not sure it was that product either.

I'm thoroughly confused but I do believe it's the argan cleansing oil and can't understand the reason. I guess oil and enlarged porous T zone do not go well together?
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Miss pokerlady, mmm, Interesting. I checked out the ingredients in Josie Maran's Cleansing Oil: its not 100% argan oil (in fact sunflower seed oil is the first ingredient listed), but nothing leapt out as being the main culprit.
I think, and I could be wrong, that its the ptr peel pads in combo with the salicylic acid mask. These would cause a mild peel. BUT before the peel your skin gets dry and tight. So two things: you know how when your skin is really dry every little line is visible? Or - next step, the skin is starting to peel but all you are seeing are the cracks? Once the peel is done, and it most probably wont be major, it should look refreshed, and the cleansing oil will keep it looking soft and lovely.

The oils in the cleanser are not comedgenic, so I dont think they are creating a problem. Even people with oily skin have success with the oil cleansing method (plenty to read here).

Both the pads and mask use acids which will breakdown the top layer of skin, and no amount of oil will change that! I hope I am right and in a few days your skin should look fresh, and even your pores should appear reduced since salicylic can get right down into the pores to break the oil up. Let us know how it goes...

Stop using the acid products for a while...
Kath
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kath, I'm sorry I should have mentioned that I had some of these porous lines form on my forehead and cheeks throughout the past 3 years and I still somewhat have them even though they may be reduced in appearance. But I hadn't formed any in quite a long time (a year), so this was a surprise after I decided to try some new products. They are like depressed pores. This happened in areas where I didn't even have acne, they are not acne scars but depressed pores if that makes sense. The PTR unwrinkle pads are said to be used daily even twice a day, I'm not completely certain it was the culprit. My skin is very porous and orange peel looking on my cheeks and forehead and those are the only places I get the depressed pores and pores that formed these lines.

I don't think I will be exfoliating my face myself anymore because maybe this is from the exfoliation which is odd because these are gentle peel pads I used recommended to be used daily. And actually the depressed pores that formed years ago were not formed from exfoliation I think because I wasn't using an exfoliation product, that is something I started doing recently. Unless, a product I was using just naturally was exfoliating my skin? Like tea tree oil is one product I can remember using.

When I went to a spa and had lactic peels at 20% done, my skin didn't get worse like this and I'm not certain, but I THOUGHT that the first time I had it done, my depressed pores looked slightly better, but the second time I had it done, my skin had absolutely no difference in appearance. It's all very confusing. I just want to know why the depressed pores and porous lines occur and then don't go away. What can I do for them? Has anyone had something like this on their face??
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Kath, I also want to thank you for looking into the Argan cleansing oil. There are actually two ingredients that worry me. One is the Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil. I believe that means it's the peel part of a grapefruit? The reason this worries me is because I have heard that st. ive's has an apricot scrub that can seriously damage skin because it contains the peel of an apricot and this is very abrasive and can make tiny cuts in the skin. I heard this from a friend so please don't quote me on it. But that information made me worry that the peel of any fruit might be harmful and too abrasive and too exfoliating.

The other ingredient is Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil. The only reason I wonder about this is because I once was looking up reviews on another product that had grape see oil in it and I wound up on Paula's Choice's website and they claimed that the product had grape seed oil which is bad because it breaks down collagen. I was surprised by this information and so refrained from buying the product. I didn't realize josie's product has the grape seed oil. Is this true that it can break down collagen in the skin??
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hokay... Stop using the Josie oil. Now!
Give your face a rest, and cleanse with something mild like cetaphil for a few days.
Are you using a different moisturizer too? Check the ingredients.

The St. Ives scrub contains grit from Apricot kernels (the pits) and that's the stuff making it so aggressively abrasive, not the oil from the fruit. However, you have a point: sometimes citrus oil can be an irritant. I checked out grapeseed oil on Livestrong.com, and contrary to what you saw on Paula's site, they give it the thumbs up, apparently its rich in antioxidants, has lots of vit e, and helps restore elastin. Paula hasn't shot every product containing grapeseed oil out of the water, so I'm thinking she was reviewing a product that contained it among other ingredients.

My rationale was that using two acid products in such a sort time may be causing a reaction. Contrary to popular lore, oily skin can be very sensitive. And you are absolutely right, after your lactic acid peel your skin would have seemed more refined, and your pores would have appeared smaller. In fact, BHA, Salicylic and the stronger TCA peels are all brilliant for oily skin, but don't be zealous about doing them too frequently. They will also help with 'ice pick' scarring, which could be what you are seeing. Apparently, needling (I am a big proponent) can help with 'icepick' scarring if that is the problem.

The other thing that I would cautiously suggest (it can take a very long time to see results, and can cause irritation) is trying a Retin A (tretinoin) cream. Start with a low concentration. If your insurance covers a visit to the dermatologist, he/she will prescribe it, or you can get get it from an overseas pharmacy, like many do on the forum. It is the double whammy for both congested pores and wrinkles. Although, frankly, even at low concentrations my skin doesn't like it: so I just squoosh a fat blob into my pot of day cream to really dilute it. Can't say if that's working or not, but I like to cover all bases!

Shame, poor you, so frustrating they discontinued your trusted cleanser. Good luck.
Kath
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |