Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What is normal facial hair at age 30?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lnb083
5% products discount

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, hope this is the right place to post this. This may seem like an odd question, but I am just wondering. I am 30 years old and where facial hair is concerned, I go back and forth between thinking it's normal, to wildly wondering just how much hairier I'm going to become! I have had my hormones, thyroid, etc, tested and they are all normal. And, I've never been on birth control.

So...I know everyone is totally different, but how much facial air is to be expected at around this age? Personally I have upper lip hair that seems to grow quickly, and a few fine hairs on my chin. Just recently however I've noticed a few darker (still fine) hairs right below my lower lip...and they've got me seriously freaking out!
Should I be concerned or is this to be expected?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I had started to notice some darker facial hairs around 34 and it was more so around 39. I went to get electrolisise once every 6 weeks for about 3 years. Now I'm 43 and no longer have any dark facial hair, just some very fine light ones. I have them removed once every two month.

So, if they bother you I'd recommend going to get them removed with electrolise. It works well, it is cheap and not time consuming.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think genetics play a part so how much facial hair do other women in your family have? Or even the males in your family?

I have a fuzz of hair on my upper lip. I've had it for as long as I can remember and I will cut someone before I let them mess with my beloved mustache. My mom doesn't have any facial hair, but my dad has a mustache so I treasure mine because I consider it a gift from my dad.

You say your upper lip hair grows quickly which gives me the impression you do either get rid of it or cut it in order to witness its growth. I don't know if you shave it or not, but people who shave seem to grow back thicker hair, probably because the ends are blunt instead of tapering to a fine point? Waxing or electrolysis may be better, but don't take my word for it coz I've never do either and don't ever want to coz I love mine upper lip fuzz.

I do however pluck the odd chin hair or two I get every few months, and to be honest, I cannot tell if it grows back finer or not. Maybe it does because sometimes I don't even know it is there until it is pretty long. Embarassed

I don't know if this article helps you at all, but hopefully it does: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003148.htm
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I agree that it's genetic. I have an Italian friend who had a mustache, which seems to be quite common amongst Italian women. Also Armenians, from what I've observed. My Italian friend got electrolysis years ago because laser hair removal hadn't been invented.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
From what I have been told laser is not really effective for facial hair for a few reasons. First to get laser done you have to shave before traitement. Second laser works best on very dark hair and fair skin, most of the time the hairs that bother us are not really dark and even with sun protection it is rare that our face is not taned at all.

I had laser work really fine but for my face I was told electrolisis is better.

Are you bothered by your hair or were you just concerned about how it should be ? Because, if you are not bothered no point to worry about it Smile

I got mine done only because some bothered me but did not got all removed.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your feedback. It makes me feel better knowing what's normal, rather than thinking I'm just becoming a hairy monster! Smile

Chantrelle99,Truthfully, it does bother me quite a bit. I am hesitant to start waxing, because I've heard it can get worse. I've also heard laser can make it worse and doesn't really work. I would absolutely love to do electrolysis. 3 years is quite a long time though- was that just the upper lip?

Nonie AKA AD, Thanks for your reply, it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone with the chin hair situation. I admire the fact that you don't let it bother you at all. I had the fine blond upper lip hair for years and it didn't bother me until it started turning brown. Maybe I should just bleach it?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Inb083,

Well bleaching could be a good option. It did good for my facial hair but my skin didn't react well to the bleach.

About the 3 years of electrolisis, I'd say that 1 1/2 year,would have been enough. But latter I also went for some hair that the laser had not got rid of in my arm pits.

I got electrolisis for some other facial hairs that did not really bother me, because my treatments were 15 minutes long and it did not take a full 15 minutes to do my arm pits.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="] 3 years is quite a long time though- was that just the upper lip?
[/quote]

It was the upper lip and under the chin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had laser hair removal on my face and it worked fine.
had some darker hair on the sides of my face, but it only seemed to help for a few year ( maybe 5), so now I just do waxing myself (body by bridgitte wax strips are the only kind that worked for me, do my eyebrows too).

I tried electrolysis and that worked ok, until I started to get some strange spasms in my eye muscle even tho no treatment was done near my eye area at all.
-so maybe that treatment is not for me...
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
lnb083 wrote:
Thank you all for your feedback. It makes me feel better knowing what's normal, rather than thinking I'm just becoming a hairy monster! Smile

Chantrelle99,Truthfully, it does bother me quite a bit. I am hesitant to start waxing, because I've heard it can get worse. I've also heard laser can make it worse and doesn't really work. I would absolutely love to do electrolysis. 3 years is quite a long time though- was that just the upper lip?

Nonie AKA AD, Thanks for your reply, it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone with the chin hair situation. I admire the fact that you don't let it bother you at all. I had the fine blond upper lip hair for years and it didn't bother me until it started turning brown. Maybe I should just bleach it?

I've had a facial hair issue since about 18 and I was tested for hormonal problems, all normal. The hair was mostly on my chin and since I plucked it continuously, it got coarser and it seemed to become worse over the years.

Not true that laser makes it worse and doesnt really work. Lasers have improved a lot in the last decade and if you pick the machine that is suited for your skintype (which means level of pigment...relating to ethinicity) it should remove a lot of the hair for good. It doesnt make it worse in the majority of people treated. I had pretty good results even though I didnt even stick to the recommended schedule, and went to two different docs. The most important thing is picking a good doc with the right machine. Okay, so that's two things actually.

And yes you do have to shave before treatment. It does seem weird at first but just get used to it, it's not a big deal. This is coming from someone that couldnt imagine shaving her chin, so take it from me. No big deal.

Electrolysis can be very rough on the skin from what I've heard from friends who tried it...so if you have anything resembling sensitive skin I wouldnt even try it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I've seen videos on YouTube how women shave their face on weekly basis and swear that it doesn't grow back thicker or faster.

They say that makeup looks better on their skin.
This is what I've noticed that they use:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/eyebrow-razor-shaper/SBS-525350,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=CJ-_-AFFILIATE-_-4441350-_-10650864
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Laser didn't work for my chin hair, which was quite coarse (and quite plentiful). I switched to thermolysis, which is similar to electrolysis, but a bit better for very sensitive skin (electrolysis was causing mini skin infections for me). Thermolysis has worked really efficiently and it was so much cheaper than laser!

My technician told be that plucking chin hairs tends to stimulate their growth. Wish I had done thermolysis years earlier, before the hairs had multiplied so much!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just got back from shopping and visited the pharmacy. Olay is selling this product where the cream dissolves the hair and give you a balm to put on afterwards.

I wonder if that would be any better than using those Tinkle eyebrow razer to shave your face?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |