Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What makes some mascaras better than others?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
How are some mascaras superior to other mascaras (ie--do they last longer, create more volume, contain nutrients, etc)?

And would you say that, overall, boutique mascaras are better than drugstore mascaras (such as Revlon, Maybelline)?

Also, what are some of your favorite mascaras?
havana8

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:24 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
How are some mascaras superior to other mascaras (ie--do they last longer, create more volume, contain nutrients, etc)?

Jom shared a link to an interesting article by a mascara expert that you may like: Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6515682#6515682
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:38 am      Reply with quote
The brush. This has been mostly my experience.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I read the article..and it was interesting.

Still.. I don't see how the mascara formula is the same across the board.

My biggest struggle with mascara is the formula. I will love the look I get..then my eyes get irritated by certain formulas. which would have nothing to do with the brushes. then other formulas don't hurt my eyes..but the brushes don't give me the long lashes.

So my quest is to know more about the formulas so I can pinpoint why some brands irritate my eyes.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
My eyes hate certain ingredients in mascaras and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly that I have issues with. So I have pretty much stopped trying new ones - I got tired of wasting money for swollen eyelids.

I can use:
Dior Show
Jane Iredale- any kind
Blinc

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is a combination of formula and brush. For example: I had La Prarie mascara and it allows your lashes to bend naturally and it goes on evenly, but light.

Dior has a unique brush. Chantecaille is super expensive and I really loved it, both formulation and brush, BUT it lasted about a month and a half with good application.

I'm using Lancome Hypnose for the fist time and so far it is good. Lancome is known for good mascaras but this one is more about the brush and I think the same formular as their basic one.

Guerlain Le 2 de Guerlain is amazing with great staying power, but hard to remove. I haven't tried Shu cleansing oil yet with this one, so I will have to buy this mascara again and see. The brush speak for itself. So amazing!

My dream next purchase that I really want to try is Surge Lutens mascara.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
$65 for mascara?? Holy smokes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Smokes if it only last good solid month!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
i have liked Dior..but there isn't much product in the tube..that's what I found.

it runs out pretty quick.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |