Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wrinkles forming quickly!? Help and why?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lately, I'm having wrinkles showing up (they are fine line types of wrinkle for the most part) but I know I did not have them before, it seems that almost every other day I notice a new fine lines I hadn't seen before whether it's on my forehead or under my eyes or around my mouth. I'm 26. What is going on and what do I do? I moisturize like crazy. I wear two moisturizers and then put makeup on for the day time. I am starting to feel like the moisturizers aren't working, I feel like they don't sink into my skin well or do anything, maybe my skin refuses to take to them, I don't know. I don't exfoliate. My skin would produce more of these fine lines if I exfoliate. Not only that but my hair oddly seems limper and thinner and it feels like I have less hair which is very odd. My hair actuallys feels kind of strange, whispier, and feels dry when I touch it.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
How is your diet? Are you eating a good balance of veggies, fruit and protein? Do you get enough fluids without overindulging on caffeine or alcohol? Are you getting enough sleep? And lastly, are you under a lot of stress? All of these can impact your skin and hair.

You might want to look into a gentle exfoliator. I like "The Cure". You can buy it on amazon. There is an EDS thread in it as well..
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I eat a lot of protein, fruit and veggies I don't eat a lot of but I do get a fair amount. I will try to up my intake of those two. I actually drink a lot of fluids now, more than in the past when I didn't have these issues. I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and haven't for 7 years. I am getting a lot of sleep, although I sometimes don't feel super well rested even though I'm getting a lot of hours in. I'm not under a lot of stress. I really just don't understand.

Thanks for your recommendation. I will look into it. I saw it on amazon just now but I dont understand what is in it that makes it exfoliate the skin?
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Have you had your hormones tested or bloodwork to see if you have any deficiencies in calcium, .vitamin B or D? When my estrogen and progesterone were off kilter, my skin and hair looked horrible. Once I went back on the pill, everything went back to normal and wrinkles were erased! However, if you're deficient in any vitamins or other hormones like thyroid that can mess thing up too. HTH!
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
Lately, I'm having wrinkles showing up (they are fine line types of wrinkle for the most part) but I know I did not have them before, it seems that almost every other day I notice a new fine lines I hadn't seen before whether it's on my forehead or under my eyes or around my mouth. I'm 26. What is going on and what do I do? I moisturize like crazy. I wear two moisturizers and then put makeup on for the day time. I am starting to feel like the moisturizers aren't working, I feel like they don't sink into my skin well or do anything, maybe my skin refuses to take to them, I don't know. I don't exfoliate. My skin would produce more of these fine lines if I exfoliate. Not only that but my hair oddly seems limper and thinner and it feels like I have less hair which is very odd. My hair actuallys feels kind of strange, whispier, and feels dry when I touch it.

Do you smoke? As during your early 20's the effects might not be obvious however as you slowly reach your mid 20's it really start to show ... however if you don't smoke then I would suggest you see a doctor as if your hair is affected , then its very likely to be an internal problem . Another thing to consider is your skincare routine should always change depending on your circumstances , no skincare routine really stays the same your entire lifetime regardless of how much you take good care of your skin. For now I suggest you use load of sunblock and use hydrating products for your skin and using a hydrating cleanser/exfoliator such as cerave and one final thing , hormones make the biggest difference to your hair and skin , yes nutrition helps but it's not a really a long-term solution if your hormone's are all over the place.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I second the excellent suggestion to have your blood checked, both for hormone imbalances and also for blood sugar. Diabetes can cause early, quick wrinkling and aging of skin.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your help. I actually had a blood test done 3 weeks ago ironically and no issues. But I didn't have hormones tested. I had my hormones tested 1 year ago. I feel sure if I had it done again it would still be the same, unless it's some kind of hormone testing I need to request that they don't normally test for?

Also, to add, I don't know if I'm crazy and think I'm seeing things, but I went back to doing yogurt masks the past 2 days and I haven't done them in a long time, maybe 2-3 months. And wrinkles seem faded from 2 days use. What could that mean? What's in yogurt that maybe my skin needs? Some nutrients, zinc?? I know yogurt has vitamin B's in it, but I had been using a night cream that has one of the B vitamins in it with no change so that's a little odd... I don't believe it's the lactic acid. Also, what about yogurt makes it lighten the skin, even if it's temporary? I also don't believe it's the super small amount of lactic acid which I believe I have read is .08% because I've had lactic acid peels at 20% and my skin did not look lightened as it is after a yogurt mask.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe the yogurt is acting as a hydrator and providing extra moisture. Hey, at least you found something that helps...and is cheap.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:55 am      Reply with quote
If you had blood work done and hormones tested then it's usually good for two years.

Believe it or not, some moisturizers can be very drying to the skin and actually cause wrinkles. So, it may not be something you are lacking, but something you are now putting on your skin.

Use rich moisturizers....look at the ingredients, and use a good night time moisturizer as well.

Also, maybe the cleanser you are using is too drying. Look into that as well. I feel that it's something you are currently using that is causing the wrinkles. You are still very young. So, I'm guessing something is drying your face and it could be anything, even your moisturizers.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:54 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee, Thank you for your response. Hm, I really didn't think of that. I wonder if it's my cleanser, but I have used my cleanser for 2 years and I just started seeing fine lines the last few months...so I don't know if it's the cleanser. Do you mind if I post the ingredients in the four products I use and you can tell me if there is anything drying in them?

It's the Mary Kay Formula 3 cleanser, discontinued product but I still have a stash.
Mary Kay Cleanser
Ingredients: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin

Then I put on Olay Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle Cream
Ingredients: WATER, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PROPIONATE, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, ASCORBIC ACID, STEARYL ALCOHOL, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-7, DIMETHICONOL, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYETHYLENE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLPARABEN, STEARIC ACID, PEG-100 STEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, FRAGRANCE.

Then I put on Nivea COQ10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream (I use it for both day and night)
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Methylpropanediol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ubiquinone, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Panthenol, Lanolin Alcohol, Tridecyl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum.

Then I put Erno Laszo Active Phelityl Cream on at night only cause it's too greasy and petrolatum based.
Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol (Lanolin), Diisopropyl Adipate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate, Parfum (Fragrance), Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Stearate, Bht, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide

For the day I put Shiseido spf on top of the Nivea and then makeup.

Please let me know what you think I would appreciate it! Smile
Smile Very Happy Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi!Well, I am no expert in skin care. I will leave the expertise to the other fine ladies on this forum. However, I do have extremely sensitive skin, and as a result there are many ingredients that dry and irritate my skin while others can tolerate them. For example ascorbic acid is a big irritant for me (I know others are okay with this) it dries and irritates my skin and as a result I do get dehydration lines which my be your problem. I do know some ladies who do not have good results with Mary Kay products or Olay. I do not have good results but others do. So, I can say that they can potentially be irritating for you.

The Nivea seems to have some good and some bad ingredients. Speaking for myself, I know that the ingredients Benzyl Salicylate and Benzyl Alcohol are very irritating even in small amounts.

I hope this helps you. I can only speak for myself. Like I said, there are others who use these products and have not problems. I'm just feeling that at your young age lines and wrinkles can be formed by harsh ingredients for your skin type.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you leeleedee, I am going to look into the ingredients you listed and do some research on other ingredients as well. I think you may be right that I need to find things suitable for my skin. I have pretty sensitive skin as well. I'm no skin expert as well so I any information you gave will be helpful for me! I used to use the same Olay cream in college for 5-6 years with no issues, but my skin changed and I started having issues with it 3 years ago so I don't know if perhaps now the Olay isn't good for it. I think I will stop using the Mary Kay cleanser and find another one for now to see what happens.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:36 am      Reply with quote
You're right when you say that skin changes. Many products that I used to be able to use became too harsh to my very sensitive skin and I had to revamp my entire skin care line. I don't cleanse with water because that has become very irritating several years ago. I use Macadamia Nut Oil. Very gentle and soothing and I don't use water. As a moisturizer I now use La Mer. It is also very rich and soothing. That being said, you are still very young and I hardly think you need a moisturizer as rich as CDLM. But, some moisturizers are better than others. Doing the research will be good and perhaps a couple of changes to a more gentle skin care line will be all you need.

I hope this helps you and good luck!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you get enough good fat in your diet, like from olive oil and nuts. That is one reason people who live in the Mediterranean region have such good skin. Forget about low fat diets.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to be behind, but what does CDLM stand for?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Creme De La Mer
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 am      Reply with quote
a
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Leeleedeedee, isn't CDLM practically the same as nivea creme? I have tried nivea cream and I think it was breaking me out so I stopped.

I wear a lot of moisturizer on my face and the nivea coq10 cream I use is very rich and yet my wrinkles are getting worse! I even have more wrinkled skin the past 2 days! My skin was looking better up until the past few days it changed for the worse I have no idea why! My skin has these odd bouts of looking moisturized and better and then fooling me and wrinkles start to look more pronounced and I have newer fine line wrinkles on my forehead that weren't there a last week! I don't get it anymore as to what's wrong. I don't want to use my cleanser anymore in case it's the culprit but I don't know what to replace it with cause cerave I think breaks me out I don't know why. I feel like I can't wash my face maybe with any water but I have to cause I wear makeup and need to be able to take it off cause it's heavy duty makeup.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Ah, makes sense. Thanks, pokerlady.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |