Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SKB lotioncrafters or skinactives?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Loislane

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:31 am      Reply with quote
SKB from lotioncrafters or Skinactives
for C- serum ?oh wise dyi'ers.. Question
thanks in advance! newbie Surprised
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I buy from here:
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/sea-kelp-ferment-bioferment-extract-115-grams-4-06-oz/

But really, sea emollient (from Hawaiian algae) gives a nicer result in facial serums:
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/sea-emollient-115-grams-4-05-oz/

SKB is more for the hair since its a film former.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:19 am      Reply with quote
skinessentialactives site is often closed
I like buying there do to the selection of proven products and you often get more product for the money.
Loislane

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:37 am      Reply with quote
thank you Fawnie! I am still learning how to navigate in the forum..(I think I am supposed to quote your response-not sure how Anxious)
Having a problem with my C-serum separating.I was hoping I could ask for help (though I am new, you are one of the folks I have gotten soooo much great info from in my voyeur days-thanks!Smile
I based it on Kassie's C E ferulic recipe
1tsp L-AA-lotioncrafters
3Tbs H20-(distilled)
1tsp glycerin (in place of SKB)
1/2 tsp argan oil 1/2 tsp almond oil-out of jojoba
1/4 tsp liquid E wheat germ oil base
1/4 tsp ferulic acid-lotioncrafters
1/4 tsp vodka
the ferulic acid was a creamy light yellow
and though the L-AA dissolved easily, when put the 2 mixes together, the ferulic acid was in the oil part on the the dropper even after vigorous shaking.. Confused
I hope I am not stepping out of line by asking all of the here rather than a new post..still figuring this forum thing out! thank you!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:41 am      Reply with quote
SEA is "often closed"? I havent noticed that. It was closed for Chinese new year's - when the post office there closes.

You may have better success with this formula since it uses polysorbate to emulsify the oil in the water. Otherwise oil and water do not mix!:

http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/vitamin-c-15-e-1-and-ferulic-acid-0-5/

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! I will give this a try Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Loislane wrote:
SKB from lotioncrafters or Skinactives
for C- serum ?oh wise dyi'ers.. Question
thanks in advance! newbie Surprised

I love buying from http://skinessentialactives.com as well. I find them a bit cheaper and better in quality of service and products than the two site you're mentioning.
Loislane

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 am      Reply with quote
thank you Russiansunshine,
I have been doing some more research on the preservatives- phenoxyethanol used in SKB ( in skinessentilactives, lotioncrafters,skinactives) and found it has a pretty bad rap. I found one from formulatorsampleshop that uses Leucidal liquid as a preservative that is being used for "organic" products..these things can be a bit vague as to what is truly non-toxic..hmmm
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
SEA is "often closed"? I havent noticed that. It was closed for Chinese new year's - when the post office there closes.

You may have better success with this formula since it uses polysorbate to emulsify the oil in the water. Otherwise oil and water do not mix!:

http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/vitamin-c-15-e-1-and-ferulic-acid-0-5/

Good to know. I was using a bookmarked link that was outdated.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Loislane wrote:
thank you Russiansunshine,
I have been doing some more research on the preservatives- phenoxyethanol used in SKB ( in skinessentilactives, lotioncrafters,skinactives) and found it has a pretty bad rap. I found one from formulatorsampleshop that uses Leucidal liquid as a preservative that is being used for "organic" products..these things can be a bit vague as to what is truly non-toxic..hmmm

Actually, Phenoxyethanol has a good safety profile.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz)