Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

GHK from Skin Actives vs. Skin Biology?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Crystena

Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum, I've visited often but this is my first post, so hello Smile

Actually, it's because of EDS that I found Skin Actives and I wanted to ask about the GHK copper peptide, is the one they sell the same as the one sold at Skin Biology?

Has anyone used both? Is there any benefit of the Skin Biology GHK product over the GHK ingredient at Skin Actives?

I've used skin biology CP Serum and got the uglies, this was several years ago, they reversed, but actually my skin is a tad loose from it, just a tad, at least I think, which is why I thought of trying the GHK to complete the job of what the copper peptides are suppose to do and tighten my skin up a bit (I read people say that GHK was better than the 2nd generation stuff.)

So anyways, I'd appreciate anyone to chime in and give me there opinion on the GHK of Skin Biology vs. Skin Actives, it's much appreciated!
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:37 am      Reply with quote
SkinActives makes their own products so no it is not the same. I've never used either so can't offer an opinion there. I do use other SkinActives products so that's how I know the two are not the same. Hopefully someone else who has tried both can offer an opinion.
augusta
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I've only used Skin Biology and like it, been using since 2009. The uglies happen when a person uses too much or too strong for their skin. It happened to me when I applied too much.
Crystena

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Augusta,

Which skin biology product do you or have you used? How often do you use it?

When you got the uglies, how would you describe it? Did you wait for them to fully go away on their own or did you use cps to reverse them?

I feel some of the looseness to my skin is perhaps remnant from when I got the uglies and I had a thougt that ghk might reverse it or tighten things back up, but since my first post I asked some questions about Skin active's ghk on their forum and the lady felt that they might not benefit skin that much outside of wound healing and may be more harm than good. So now I'm wondering if I should use them again or not.
augusta
5% products discount

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I use the Super GHk serum, few drops, with the Skin Solution Spray/a.m., then either Protect & Restore day cover or the one with Retinol. I then apply some Two Time Tightener on top. That for me seems to hold moisture in.

Mondays/Wednesday is the new 3% and the TTT again. Also I use the Super GHK cream for my eye cream

Night, Lactic Power 10 or Lacsal cream maybe 2-3 times a week. It depends when I use the microfiber cloth. On the nights I don't use the Power 10 I'll use the P&R/with Retinol. I take weekends off and use some Serious Skin Care Super Mel C which I know isn't the best.

When I felt I had the "uglies it seemed I was a bit more crinkly in my cheek area and a bit droopy in the jaw line. I back off for a few days and it was ok. It only happened when I used too much. When they say wet the skin that's what they mean. Hope this helps!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Crystena wrote:
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum, I've visited often but this is my first post, so hello Smile

Actually, it's because of EDS that I found Skin Actives and I wanted to ask about the GHK copper peptide, is the one they sell the same as the one sold at Skin Biology?

Has anyone used both? Is there any benefit of the Skin Biology GHK product over the GHK ingredient at Skin Actives?

I've used skin biology CP Serum and got the uglies, this was several years ago, they reversed, but actually my skin is a tad loose from it, just a tad, at least I think, which is why I thought of trying the GHK to complete the job of what the copper peptides are suppose to do and tighten my skin up a bit (I read people say that GHK was better than the 2nd generation stuff.)

So anyways, I'd appreciate anyone to chime in and give me there opinion on the GHK of Skin Biology vs. Skin Actives, it's much appreciated!

I haven't used both, but I know that the patent on GHK expired a few years ago and that this is a legitmate GHK product that Dr Pickart from Skin Biology invented quite a few years ago.

I do see that Skin Actives lists the GHK that they sell as .1% GHK (In order to achieve optimal concentrations in the final product, we have created this 0.1% solution to be added to creams and lotions: easy to handle but sufficiently concentrated keep the texture of the cream unchanged), but I believe the GHK supplied by Skin Biology is stronger - at around 2% (from comments made by Dr P on his forum).

Skin Bio also recently introduced a stronger GHK called VIP GHK which is a 3% GHK.

This makes the one offered by Skin Actives a rather weak one at .1%, but that might be a really good one to start with if you found the 2nd generation CPs (which is what CP Serum is) to be too strong for you.

Sometimes it's better to work your way up to the stronger CPs. They do work, but they are strong.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |