Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Valmont Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
After years of using Decleor's Phytopeel facial exfoliant, I have now found new a favorite - Valmont's Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub!

It's not that Phytopeel doesn't work well, I just avoided using it because I didn't enjoy the process. I have sensitive skin so rubbing the sour-scented dried product off did not feel good. It was a time-consuming process that, for me, yielded little joy.

Valmont's scrub is particle-based (Diatom Algae) so I apply it following tiny circle patterns to wet skin to avoid irritation. Although this scrub is not recommended for skin suffering from broken capillaries, I haven't seen any ill effect on my skin.

It's a great, quick solution for weekly exfoliation -- the perfect precursor to Renewing Pack or any other mask!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Valmont Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Gentle revitalizing exfoliant. Suitable for even most sensitive skin. Contains peanut oil and oak rooth extract.

Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi k.a.t., sounds great, I may just have to try it after my Dermalogica Microfoliant runs out.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Cindi, ask the magical fairies for a sample on your next order. From what I hear, Dermalogica's is a favorite daily exfoliant of others on this forum. I might like to try that one in conjuction with the once-a-week application of the Valmont scrub.
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
k.a.t. wrote:
After years of using Decleor's Phytopeel facial exfoliant, I have now found new a favorite - Valmont's Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub!

It's not that Phytopeel doesn't work well, I just avoided using it because I didn't enjoy the process. I have sensitive skin so rubbing the sour-scented dried product off did not feel good. It was a time-consuming process that, for me, yielded little joy.

Valmont's scrub is particle-based (Diatom Algae) so I apply it following tiny circle patterns to wet skin to avoid irritation. Although this scrub is not recommended for skin suffering from broken capillaries, I haven't seen any ill effect on my skin.

It's a great, quick solution for weekly exfoliation -- the perfect precursor to Renewing Pack or any other mask!

I can't use the exfoliating scrub, as I am "one of those" people, who is deathly allergic to peanuts. This product contains peanut oil.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum, I never noticed that it contains peanut oil. Hmmm, I wonder why Valmont chose this oil over others. The Dermo line products contain soybean oil.

Allergies are the worst! I discovered I was allergic to certain medications by trial and it was not good! (I didn't know that hives could bleed.) I hope you discovered your allergy in more gentle way than I.

By the way, which exfoliants would you recommend for thin, couperose skin? (My rosacea is fairly under control, but pinhead spots remain dilated.) I have wanted to try a daily exfoliant and a radiance serum, but with reservations. I've had Dermalogica's Microfoliant in mind. Do you think it is likely that these products be too harsh?

-the other cat
DebL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Oh man!! I just used the sample of this that I received with my order on Thursday.
I thought the Dermalogica Microfoliant was good... This stuff is AWESOME! Very Happy
Now I'm gonna have to get some of this as well... Rolling Eyes
Debbie.
Mabsy

Sat May 13, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
DebL wrote:
Oh man!! I just used the sample of this that I received with my order on Thursday.
I thought the Dermalogica Microfoliant was good... This stuff is AWESOME! Very Happy
Now I'm gonna have to get some of this as well... Rolling Eyes
Debbie.

Really? I love my Microfoliant! Is the Valmont one also powder or is it a "wet" product in the packaging? TIA Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabs. wave
Its wet in a tube.
I found I needed to use even less in an application of this one than the Microfoliant & the beads are so fine you can't even see them Exclamation
It does feel a bit more abrasive than the Microfoliant but I normally only use this type of product once a week anyways & found that even though it did seem more abrasive it didn't over dry my skin & my face felt amazing afterwards.
I'm now grappling with the decision of whether to order it straight away, or maybe to start a wishlist for my husband so he actually has something to buy me for xmas & birthdays (but I know I won't be able to wait that long.. Rolling Eyes )
Debbie.
Mabsy

Sun May 14, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
DebL wrote:
Hey Mabs. wave
Its wet in a tube.
I found I needed to use even less in an application of this one than the Microfoliant & the beads are so fine you can't even see them Exclamation
It does feel a bit more abrasive than the Microfoliant but I normally only use this type of product once a week anyways & found that even though it did seem more abrasive it didn't over dry my skin & my face felt amazing afterwards.
I'm now grappling with the decision of whether to order it straight away, or maybe to start a wishlist for my husband so he actually has something to buy me for xmas & birthdays (but I know I won't be able to wait that long.. Rolling Eyes )
Debbie.

Thanks Debbie! Sounds nice! In fact, this is starting to sound like the Cellcosmet scrub (which is still on my list). Have you tried that one? If not then you might need to Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
thanks for posting your review. I got a sample of this with my last order, and now I cant wait to try it!!!
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
THIS IS THE BEST Very Happy i've recommended this to many of my friends and they all love it
i've tried many different peel or gommage and none of them work
but this one makes a difference on my skin that i can see!! my skin looks radiant and clean after using it Very Happy
basketballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I used this one a few times, like it. The granule is samller than other products I have used. I think this one is perfect for dry and senstive skin.

I just wonder how long I should apply it on, usually I rinse after rubbing one minutes.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the eye cream & love it. Gosh, this line is going to make me go for broke Razz

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Full ingredient listing from the sample I received from EDS ( ) last year....

Valmont Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Diatomaceous Earth (Solum Diatomeae), Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Oak Root Extract, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Lanolin, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Triclosan, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride, Cholesterol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, d-Limonene, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, 2-(4-tert-butylbenzyl) Propionaldehyde, Linalool, Hydroxymethylpentylcyclo-Hexenecarboxaldehyde.
dumbo72
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Do we have to use exfoliant? I always ignore this step. Sad
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
this brand is expensive.

I prefer to invest my money on cream(more popular and more worth)
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
k.a.t. wrote:

Valmont's scrub is particle-based (Diatom Algae) so I apply it following tiny circle patterns to wet skin to avoid irritation.

Hi k.a.t. - when you say that it's particle based - does this mean the "grains" are really, really fine? I'm always looking for a new exfoliator - but I really prefer the ones that are especially fine grained. (Nothing worse than rubbing one's face with what feels like rough boulders!)

TIA! Smile
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
The exfoliating cream is Very gentle, which has small particles, I think it ise also suitable for sensitive skin
sandyqxu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I just used the sample yesterday.I love it ,it is better than Lamer's scrub which is not easy to clean
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
sandyqxu wrote:
I just used the sample yesterday.I love it ,it is better than Lamer's scrub which is not easy to clean

Really??????? I m using Lamer' s scrub now.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Is it the same of Valmont Face Scrub???
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
supermacyb wrote:

No, the two products are very different. The Cellcosmet product is like two in one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
supermacyb wrote:

No, the two products are very different. The Cellcosmet product is like two in one.

OH. Valmont Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub was discontinued. Any Valmont product has replace it?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:01 am      Reply with quote
This is the Valmont face scrub:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-face-scrub-p_17325.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
This is the Valmont face scrub:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-face-scrub-p_17325.htm

thankyou.

But you said this is very different with Exfoliant Revitalizing Scrub right?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |