Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review - Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Product blurb:
Clear Radiance brings a beautiful opulence to your complexion when worn over, under or mixed with bareMinerals. It achieves a natural-looking luminosity that is similar to the dewiness of a child's skin. The overall effect is glowing, youthful skin that looks healthy and vibrant.

Ever since I read the product description I thought this is something I gotta have. I mean, who can resist glowing, youthful skin? It was worth a shot. So I have to say when I opened the pot for the first time I was a little disappointed. Pink shimmery powder? Ugh,no way. But what the heck, I swirled, tapped and buffed it all over my face.

No instant miracle. No child like skin. In fact I couldn't even tell I was wearing it Rolling Eyes

So I went in heavier and used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones and eyes.

Again, the effect was not dramatic but at least I could see it on my skin and it didn't look that bad.

But as with all BE powders, I think the trick is to step away from the mirror and come back 5 mins later. And sure enough, 5 mins later, my skin did look happy, kinda secretly happy. Its hard to describe, but I think that Clear Radiance gives my skin that something extra, a little healthy boost. The effect *is* very subtle, but for me this is a good thing as I hate that heavily made up look. This is so much cooler than my Benefit Highbeam. I think this is one of those things that I'm gonna have to put on every day cos I am addicted.

Bottom line? I've been taken in by this little pot hook, line and sinker. I am head over heals in
Mabsy

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Ok, give it to me straight - I have BeneFit Highbeam and it's pretty good - does this give the same effect but you prefer the powder formulation or is this better overall? I'm about to place an EDS order and I've been tempted to try this or the Warm Radiance. Have you tried the Warm Radiance as well? I've been contemplating this for the last few days and have as a result not yet placed an order because I haven't made a decision... Confused
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I agree the Clear radiance is nice and very subtle, I had a sample of the warm radiance ages ago but found it too dark and bronzer like for my pale skin.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Lucia. I'm very pale so the Warm Radiance is out and Clear Radiance it is! Smile
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Ok Mabsy, here's the deal.

I LOVED my Highbeam - cheekbones, just below the brow bone, corner of my eyes etc etc - just couldn't get enough of it.

But now I have the Clear Radiance I'm sorry to say I just can't bring myself to use the Highbeam anymore - I just don't need it. Honestly, its quite tragic cos that Highbeam stuff is not cheap.

I couldn't say its *better*, its just, well, *different* and more importantly its more versatile. You can use the CR as an all over face powder to give you a subtle glow and then build it up with a smaller brush in all the usual highlighter places. I've heard you can mix it with your foundations, but I haven't tried that yet. Plus you can use a wet brush and use the CR as an irredescant eyeshadow.

The effect of the Highbeam is MUCH more dramatic - sorta pearly, dewy sex kitten evening look VS an innocent girl next door look you get from the CR.

I can wear CR on its own on a good skin day and just feel healthy. I wouldn't dream of leaving the house with just the Highbeam on Laughing (well, not without concealer at least!)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
mini me bought the warm radience and it is soooo dark! Little moo won't let me try it though, so I can't tell what it would be like on me and she is very cagey about how much make up she wears anyway! Laughing

btw, do you put it on under or over the foundation?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
ps. I haven't tried Warm Radiance yet. Think I'll leave that one to try in the summer Cool
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl, I've been putting it OVER my foundation, in fact OVER my mineral veil. At first I thought it was a bit dumb, as the mineral veil is meant to make you look a bit more matt, and the CR just adds in the glow again Rolling Eyes but its just the way it works for me I guess. I think its quite versatile so each to their own Laughing
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I love BE Clear Radiance. I also have very pale skin and find Warm Radiance too dark for me, as well as Glee, True and Warmth are all too dark. I just brush Clear Radiance on my cheekbones, temples and forehead and love the youthful glow it gives!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I don't use min veil, but I've been putting cr over my foundation, but was never sure if it was the right thing to do and I keep forgetting to try it under the foundation. I do like the way it makes me look! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Ok, give it to me straight - I have BeneFit Highbeam and it's pretty good - does this give the same effect but you prefer the powder formulation or is this better overall? I'm about to place an EDS order and I've been tempted to try this or the Warm Radiance. Have you tried the Warm Radiance as well? I've been contemplating this for the last few days and have as a result not yet placed an order because I haven't made a decision... Confused

Yay, Karolina found something that Mabsy doesnt have........

Whats that, ANOTHER EDS order for Mabsy, this girl is keeping them afloat single handedly. Laughing

I'm still coming to terms with using foundation for the first time, in the form of BE so I look different each day, depending on lengths of swirls, taps and buffs. I havent fell in love with the clear radiance yet, but I do like the warmth, it does give you that slight sun kissed look. Pity the rest of me is so white Crying or Very sad

p.s. if its good enough for Jennifer Anniston..
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
rofl @ Cindi! You kill me you do Laughing Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi

If you don't want it so subtle you can just add more, it can be applied under or over the foundation, there's no set order with the minerals. I apply it over foundation on a night out and under foundation for the day time. Warm Radiance is more of a bronzer, would be OK for the Summer and if you've got med/dark skin tone anyway.

You can also add a little bit to clear lip gloss for just a hint of colour.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have warm radiance, and it does give a nice sunkissed look to my very pale skin. I think it will be a nice summer product, but so far it has not become a favourite. I originally ordered the clear radiance, but got warm since clear was out of stock at the moment Confused I do regret I didn't return the product since it was not what I ordered. I still want to try clear radiance, especially after the great reviews.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I got my first BE kit last week and I'm still 'playing' with it to get it right. The CR sounds good, I too am in love with my Benefit Highbeam. Has anyone tried using the CR with a wet brush? Maybe that might give a heavier effect?

I have pale skin and I only need the smallest grain or two of the BE warmth. Gives me a healthy glow. I have also used a little bit as eyeshadow too Smile
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the feedback, I ended up ordering the Clear Radiance on account of all the comments about Warm Radiance being too dark.

Cindi - there are *plenty* of products I have not yet tried. So many products, so little time!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Hope you like it Mabsy. Fingers crossed for ya! Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if Lianne is counting anyone else's order this week... Cool
Mabsy

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I got this last week and I'm absolutely loving it! I'll review in a week or two but I don't know how I could have been without it before!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! Glad you like it Mabsy Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |