Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New Bare Minerals Liquid Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I know I shouldn't even wonder about the new Bare Minerals liquid foundation - the powder would mkae my skin itch like I had bugs crawling on my face, I have a sensitivity to Bismuth.

I can't help being intrigued by the new brush with a notch in the bottom and the idea of putting on just a little bit of liquid and swirling it around. I pretty much do the same thing when I wear Jane Iredale Liquid but I don't have that cool brush!

Has anyone tried it? It looks like it has a lot of colors.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like it! Its a nice change from MMU when I want to take a little more time and have a dewy look. I use it over my sunscreen (no primer) and dot it on with my fingers then blend it in all over with my fingers. I use about 6 drops all over and then dot a bit more under the eyes and around the nose for a little more coverage there with my Armani foundation brush.

I have to say, its not caky or masky like so many foundations and its buildable. It kinda reminds me of Armani's thin fluid foundations at a fraction of the cost, plus it contains MAP and no silicones. The "no silicones" part was what grabbed me (I hate those things!) So yay BareMinerals for this novel idea.

The brush seems like a gimmick - this brand always has to try to sell you a brush with every new foundation it comes out with, ever notice that? Plus, I know my fingers are clean; the brush: not so much. I just used my Armani foundation brush to go over the areas that needed a little extra (undereyes, around nose) and that worked fine.

Im NC25ish and in this foundation I wear Cream which is a Light/Rich Golden by their description. At first it looks a bit pale but in an hour or so it morphs into my perfect shade and looks like real skin, not just foundation sitting there.

It doesnt do anything for pores or lines so if thats a concern you prob will need a primer with this one. I just use a drop of clarifying oil under it and this shrinks the pores and plumps the fine lines. Feels nice and light for summer!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think I wanted to hear you hated it! LOL

Now I have another thing I need to try!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! It really is nice! And Im not easily wow'd by foundations - I really hate looking like Im wearing a mask or a face full of makeup. I love the natural YSBB look of it and the "Cream" shade is just yellow enough to hide any redness, but sheer enough to not be powdery/cakey/greasy.

Im kicking my glominerals aside! This is so much easier than MMU - I just put about 4 drops on the back of my hand and dot it around my face then blend blend blend with my fingers. What could be easier.

Since it has MAP and some other active ingredients in it* I dont feel like I have to GETTHISSTUFFOFF!! as soon as I get home. It feels truly weightless.

Did I mention the "no silicones" yet? Very Happy

*"soil minerals and lilac leaf cell culture extract", they also use this in their night renewal serum: www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/formulating/category/skincare/136951428.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
How does it compare to Jane Iredale? Have you had any good results trying to mix your own with MM and moisturizer?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sakura, I didnt care for Jane Iredale liquid foundation. I dont really care for ANY foundation really - its that "smothering" feeling they all give me. This bareSkin is different. Sorry if I sound like QVC, but its really impressing me more each day.

Its like the pure color and light is bottled and all the fillers, preservatives, silicones, PEGs, oils, fragrances, and all the extraneous garbage that other foundations use is left out.

It compares to GA Maestro, but Maestro is packed with all the aforementioned garbage.
http://www.temptalia.com/giorgio-armani-maestro-foundation-review-photos-swatches
Plus GA is $62/oz ... bareSkin is $28/oz. Its just a lightweight veil of color.

It wont do anything to change the texture of the skin, so your skin has to be in pretty good shape to start out, but it will even out the tone without looking mask-like. Some ppl complain of it making pores look huge but Ive not had that problem. I use a clarifying oil under or over my sunscreen then apply bareSkin with my fingers and blend it in well.

Ive not tried to make foundation. Previously I was using glominerals pressed base buffed onto my skin after my sunscreen and this worked for a while but now I like this better - it doesnt have all the mica that glo has so its a completely natural look. It just makes my skin look perfect. Not everyone likes this product tho - makeupalley reviews are mixed - but its worth a try. If you buy it at Sephora or Ulta you can always return it if it doesnt work out. I was completely surprised at how much I LOVE this foundation! I like that it has MAP and some soil minerals too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I found this shade list at Sephora.

http://www.sephora.com/contentimages/pdf/bareMinerals_ShadeFinder_bareSkin-US.pdf?icid2=Bareskin%20Pure%20Brightening%20Serum-Shade%20Finder

I see that it has 11% TiO2, but I don't see a stated SPF. Can this be used as sunscreen as well? My thinking is that I'd rather have some zinc as well...but maybe it's not needed?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Shasta, it says its spf 20 but I wouldnt trust it as my sole sunscreen. For one thing, its not applied in enough of an amount to do anything (1 tsp for face and neck is the rule IIRC). We are applying DROPS!

http://www.bareescentuals.com/bareSkin-Pure-Brightening-Serum-Foundation-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-20/USmasterbareskin,en_US,pd.html

It is light enough to work OVER a decent sunscreen tho w/o adding yet another layer of STUFF.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
eta: I tried it today with my RealTechniques Setting Brush (very soft synthetic $8 http://realtechniques.com/shop-collection/your-finish-perfected/setting-brush) and this works too!

I just put a couple drops on the top of the brush and swooshed it around in circles on my skin til it spread around and blended in. This stuff blends like a dream! And when I looked at the brush, there was nothing left on it - no color, nothing to show that I had put anything on it. Which suggests to me that it had all gone on my skin. No waste!

The brush technique gave a little more coverage than the fingers only technique but was just as easy and fast. No streaking.

Some brushes make my skin pink after buffing if theyre too stiff/sharp, and since I use retinol and C twice a day you would think I would get irritated if this foundation was going to do it, but even after all that buffing my skin did not get pink or irritated. The Setting Brush is very soft.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the SPF info. Did not see it on Sephora. Might have to try this after I use up my IT cosmetics CC cream. New household rule...no new stuff until something else is used up. Out of room in the cupboards. Laughing so very tempting...
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I did the color match machine at Sephora and the Bare Minerals didn't come up as a match. I tried on a few and I am the lightest shade they make! Bare Porcelain.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe if you used the BM powder to set the foundation it might give some extra SPF. My skin isn't perfect enough to use this foundation.

Maybe after I resume my IPL treatments in the fall I might try it.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like this product very much. I didn't think it would have much coverage because the formula is so thin, but it covers very well and is buildable. The shade I'm using, #7, looks very dark in the bottle, but morphs into a light ivory shade. I had been using Giorgio Armani for a while, but I like this much better. The only problem I have is that Ulta sells out the shades very quickly.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |