Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
When did you start worrying about ageing?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lionesscg
5% products discount

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering when did you start worrying about ageing and what measures did you take?

I'm 25 and know I'm still young to worry about this, I just love to read about this topic on the Internet and it would be lovely to know your story Wink
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:19 am      Reply with quote
For me, I was around 34 when I starting to be concerned about aging. At that point I started using retinoids and being more diligent on sunscreen use.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I started worrying about aging at 38. I'm 45 now. That's about the age when the little lines around the eyes and the forehead start showing up. I was an avid sun worshiper for many years and really wish I could go back In time. I'd advise you to never lay in the sun to get a tan and wear sunscreen everyday now! Your skin will thank you years later! You'll be so glad you did when you're my age and looking 10 to 15 years younger than your friends!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Late 40s. Always wore sunscreen so have few wrinkles even now.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
i never "worried" about aging..but was fascinated by skincare since I was a child. I love beauty products and taking care of my skin and hair. I think it is like anything else. what you spend time on pays off.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't worry but I started seeing changes in my late forties. Also I think it's because my generation wasn't bombarded with anti-aging this or that like yours is now. I did do facial exercises on and off since my twenties and I never laid out in the sun (I always found it boring and hot, lol). But it was never anything I really thought about until I was entering my late forties.
claire97

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Late 30's. That's when I really started noticing a difference.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
claire97 wrote:
Late 30's. That's when I really started noticing a difference.

Yes, same here! Not big difference, but I wanted to know what is out there.
Skin discolouration from the sun before I was a regular user of sunscreen. I think the Pill contributed to the problem and I still want to prevent jowl and skin sagging.

If I get wrinkles, I want them to be smile, laugh wrinkles.
diamond44

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I still worry about it but have told myself we all do it.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I started worrying about it in my mid- to late twenties. At the moment, I'm a bit more chill about it, which is good.

I came to realize that there are pros and cons to looking younger than your age. For example of a con, I look about 6 years younger than my age (from all my hard work), so people assume I'm younger when they first meet me...so I lose out on a bit more respect, which I don't like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I began to notice things were different at the age of 32. Before that, whenever you look into mirror, you couldn't help admiring your own gorgeousness. After 32, some day you began to feel something wrong when you looked in the mirror and wondered how come you did the same skincare regimen and makeup, but you just felt different. All of a sudden, I told myself OMG I was ageing.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Late 30. When I found that there is tiny spot on my face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 am      Reply with quote
For me...funny enough I started preventative measures at age 12 haha.
My dad and my dad's mother look half there age, my dad and I often get mistaken for a couple or brother and sister (he's 42years old, I'm 18years old).
And people were always so amazed that I wanted to look young when I was older too. I don't know if I ever worried but I've always used anti aging products.

But like cm5597 says it has it cons...I look about 15 years old! Right now since September I've had a job interview or two every week and man...as soon as they look at me I feel like its game over! I actually have a lot of interviews go "I know I'm not supposed to ask this, but how old are you?"

It really sucks at the moment but when I'm 40 and lookin 20 I guess I'll be happy haha.

What do you guys think?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 am      Reply with quote
You will feel kind of depressed for some time when you notice some signs of ageing on your face. But, then after that, you will begin to see deep into yourself and that is another positive effect you get from the ageing on the outer part.
DemiWatson
5% products discount

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am      Reply with quote
At some point in my life I got worried about aging but I learned to accept it. And with healthy lifesyle and good beauty products, I look a lot younger than my real age now.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
heyheymonster wrote:
For me...funny enough I started preventative measures at age 12 haha.
My dad and my dad's mother look half there age, my dad and I often get mistaken for a couple or brother and sister (he's 42years old, I'm 18years old).
And people were always so amazed that I wanted to look young when I was older too. I don't know if I ever worried but I've always used anti aging products.

But like cm5597 says it has it cons...I look about 15 years old! Right now since September I've had a job interview or two every week and man...as soon as they look at me I feel like its game over! I actually have a lot of interviews go "I know I'm not supposed to ask this, but how old are you?"

It really sucks at the moment but when I'm 40 and lookin 20 I guess I'll be happy haha.

What do you guys think?

Yes, the same problem and it is hard to get jobs due to looks. I'm not tall, so that is another strike against me.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think me at 25 looked about the same as me at 20. 26 is when I knew my skin wasn't as good as before. One day I looked in a mirror and noticed a line maybe 1/5 of a centimeter long under one eye. I was shocked: "Is this a wrinkle? I have a wrinkle? No way!" I hoped it would go away after a good night's sleep. When it didn't go away after a few days, I told myself to make a mental note: "26 is when you got your first signs of aging." I think that line is what brought me to EDS.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Now and I just turned 24. I'm having a hard time coping with it.
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
OMG - you guys are worred at 24. You'll be basket cases when you turn 30. Beauty comes at all ages; Just differently. Starting young with good facial care will help you be beautiful at all ages. Have fun with it. Stress is aging.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
@Sweet life you made me laugh really hard. What you're saying is true though. Its just the fact these lines are staring me in the face at the moment.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |