Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
How often should you apply vitamin c?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I have been making vitamin c toner for a few weeks and was applying it every other night (i made it with vitamin c and water 10% strength). I have also been using Paula's choice daily smoothing treatment 5% aha. The PC has done wonders for my skin the bumpyness and dryness is less but im thinking the vitamin c aswell is causing me some irritation as my skin feels slightly stingy and tiny bit red all over.

After using these products i also apply some cetaphil moisturising cream its really damn good and rich and doesnt irritate me.

Should i possibly cut down my vitamin c usage? I did read somewhere that vitamin c stays in the skin up to 3 days after but i dont know how correct that is. Anyone got any advice i just dont want to irritate the crap out of my skin but wanted a good powerful antioxidant thats going to be good for anti aging and helping to fade my dark marks left from acne.

Thanks Smile
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
IMO you need to have a better C serum to begin with. Very questionable as to how effective your C serum is with only vitamin C and water. There is a reason why proven formulas you read about, either DIY or ubber popular ones like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, are so popular. They have ingredients which are proven to penetrate the skin and get down to deeper layers. Around 15% is best. Yes it stay's in the skin for around 72 hours but that is assuming a good formula. Better to use more often. Like maybe every other day. Many use it every day. Morning or nite, makes no difference.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mix your vitamin c toner fresh each time? In that case, I think 10% is effective every other day or even every 3rd day. 15% is better but not if your skin is getting irritated. If you are not mixing fresh each time, it's likely that the C is no longer active and could be oxidized, therefore less effective.

Based on your comments it sounds like the combo of vit c and aha is causing some irritation. You may need to reduce use of one or the other. Constant irritation is not a good thing.
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Yes well i mix a new one every 5 days or so. But i could definitely make a fresh amount each time. I may just try doing it twice a week instead and cut down my AHA moisturizer to every other night and then just use my Cetaphil which is really good when my skins irritated.

Thankyou Smile
barbiH
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Just so you know, there's a fall-off rate of vitamin C saturation in the skin. Sure it binds to the skin and is available for up to 72 hours but it's being depleted as the clock ticks....especially if you're outdoors and exposed to sunshine. It boosts one's sun protection but its AOX properties are lowered as this happens.

I personally like to keep my saturation level high, so I usually apply it twice/daily. I'm using two excellent formulations, sold here....Vivier Serum 5 and the Serum 10. I've test driven many, many vitamin C's (L-ascorbic acid and derivatives, like SAP or MAP) and my skin's happiest with Vivier. These serums really are worth it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |