Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Faceweights or Dot Matrix ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
emmajo
5% products discount

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but have been reading for a couple of years. I am thankful for all of the vast amount of information on here, although at times I am overwhelmed!

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or had any info about a product/device called Face Weights? They have a website by that name. It wouldn't let me post the link...I found them while searching for a way to build back up my falling cheek muscles.... I am 52, and have always been guessed at 15 years or so younger. But the last few years, my cheeks have sagged (middle face sag), and the muscle under my bottom lip is sagging. The Orbicularis oris muscle, it is called..Also a little bit at the corners of my mouth. I don't really have jowls, yet, lol! I'm sure that is coming next! If I put my index fingers about a half inch away beside each side of my nostrils and press, it lifts everything up where it used to be. I think it's the apple of my cheeks that have fallen. I have always had very high cheekbones, and now my middle face is almost flat. I would really appreciate any advice , you girls are so knowledgeable! I have done hours upon hours of online search, but get so many different solutions, and I don't know which one would work. I have tried cheek exercises, but it seems to build up the muscle that runs beside the nose too much and makes it bulge out, and the top of my cheekbones remain flat leaving the Tear Trough Indentation I have going down my face worse. Like I said, when I take my fingers and press a little out from my nostrils, it lifts my cheeks and sagging mouth back up to where it used to be. I thought maybe the face weights might help where facial exercises didn't. I have also looked into the Mini Portable Anti-aging Dot Matrix Skin Care RF Thermage Fractional home use that I found on Amazon..I even asked the supplier if it would pick up facial muscles for lifting, and she emailed me back and said it would, that that was it's main purpose. I would love to hear any suggestions or ideas, I am making myself crazy trying to figure out what to do! I don't have much money to spend. A couple of hundred at the most. Thank everyone in advance!
emmajo
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I would really love some suggestions or thoughts on this!
havana8

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Here is the link that emmajo is referring to:

http://faceweights.com

Welcome to the forum. wave
emmajo
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:44 am      Reply with quote
THANK YOU! Yes, that is the link. And thanks for the welcome Very Happy
emmajo
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:54 am      Reply with quote
The Dot Matrix looks interesting too..gets good reviews even though there is not many so far. I am really interested in both of these devices. I haven't found any reviews for the faceweights though.
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

I looked up your link, the website. What struck me right away about Face Weights is that the product is no where to be seen?? Unless I am looking too quickly. I went on site and wanted to see what the product was and what it looked like.

The site did not seem professional, it made me a little leery. I am not trying to say anything against the product or people I just didn't get an idea of what this was by going to the site.

Anyone have the same feeling or concern?

I will look at Dot M too and reply if I have anything useful to add. LOL. I had a RF wand and liked it but it zapped me hard once and I felt like it was broken and dangerous (mini burn) so I just stopped immediately.

Wow I am full of good news hah?

Good luck and I feel your pain. I am ALMOST 50 and my face is going south...not bad yet but....headed there

emmajo wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but have been reading for a couple of years. I am thankful for all of the vast amount of information on here, although at times I am overwhelmed!

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or had any info about a product/device called Face Weights? They have a website by that name. It wouldn't let me post the link...I found them while searching for a way to build back up my falling cheek muscles.... I am 52, and have always been guessed at 15 years or so younger. But the last few years, my cheeks have sagged (middle face sag), and the muscle under my bottom lip is sagging. The Orbicularis oris muscle, it is called..Also a little bit at the corners of my mouth. I don't really have jowls, yet, lol! I'm sure that is coming next! If I put my index fingers about a half inch away beside each side of my nostrils and press, it lifts everything up where it used to be. I think it's the apple of my cheeks that have fallen. I have always had very high cheekbones, and now my middle face is almost flat. I would really appreciate any advice , you girls are so knowledgeable! I have done hours upon hours of online search, but get so many different solutions, and I don't know which one would work. I have tried cheek exercises, but it seems to build up the muscle that runs beside the nose too much and makes it bulge out, and the top of my cheekbones remain flat leaving the Tear Trough Indentation I have going down my face worse. Like I said, when I take my fingers and press a little out from my nostrils, it lifts my cheeks and sagging mouth back up to where it used to be. I thought maybe the face weights might help where facial exercises didn't. I have also looked into the Mini Portable Anti-aging Dot Matrix Skin Care RF Thermage Fractional home use that I found on Amazon..I even asked the supplier if it would pick up facial muscles for lifting, and she emailed me back and said it would, that that was it's main purpose. I would love to hear any suggestions or ideas, I am making myself crazy trying to figure out what to do! I don't have much money to spend. A couple of hundred at the most. Thank everyone in advance!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you skincarecat for your feedback! The only place other than their website that I have seen them is Amazon. But no reviews anywhere to be found that I can find. Maybe it's too new yet? Anyway, I did find on their site where it explains how to use them, pretty simple. I actually had thought of weights for the face before I came across them. I would really love what your thoughts are on the Dot Matrix too, this is the one I am really interested in. What RF device did you use before, and did it help with lifting the muscles? In you opinion, what is best for lifting of the muscles? My skin is in good shape, just need something to lift those dang cheek muscles back in to place! LOL! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome emmajo! Very Happy I thought about weight for face too some years ago, but someone has beat us to it. Lol! I've tried to do facial exercises using small handweights, but it got awkward. Lol! However, after reading your post, I got out my weighted gloves and did the lip and cheek exercises and felt a nice burn. I wrapped my weighted glove around a small weight plate (around 1 lb and the weighted glove is about 1 lb.) and I used this for the cheek exercise.

If you have ankle weights you can use the small weights that come with that.

You can experiment and see what works for you and if you get good results you could purchase that set with confidence. Just a thought. Smile
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
That is very odd marketing, no picture of the weights. I am not sure your face would need weights though, your hands can push pretty hard..
Maybe they just show you how to use your own hands.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I found product called face weights on amazon...they have a picture of them. They look cheaply made, but I really like the idea. Makes me almost want to make my own. I have never fully got the hang of facial exercises but these seem like they'd be easy enough. The idea of lip plumping with them fascinates me.

If the fabric is itchy or has chemicals on it I would be wary of putting them on my rosacean skin.
emmajo
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Welcome emmajo! Very Happy I thought about weight for face too some years ago, but someone has beat us to it. Lol! I've tried to do facial exercises using small handweights, but it got awkward. Lol! However, after reading your post, I got out my weighted gloves and did the lip and cheek exercises and felt a nice burn. I wrapped my weighted glove around a small weight plate (around 1 lb and the weighted glove is about 1 lb.) and I used this for the cheek exercise.

If you have ankle weights you can use the small weights that come with that.

You can experiment and see what works for you and if you get good results you could purchase that set with confidence. Just a thought. Smile

Thank you so much for the welcome!Very Happy Swissmom , we may have missed our calling, LOL! We could be gazzillionaires by now! Bad Grin That was a great idea you had there, experimenting with your weighted gloves.
Your experiment makes me think that maybe these work. The only weights I have are 10lb weights for my arms, don't think my face could handle that, lol! The faceweights are only $40, I may take the plunge, but I will think about it for awhile first. Very Happy
emmajo
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:
I found product called face weights on amazon...they have a picture of them. They look cheaply made, but I really like the idea. Makes me almost want to make my own. I have never fully got the hang of facial exercises but these seem like they'd be easy enough. The idea of lip plumping with them fascinates me.

If the fabric is itchy or has chemicals on it I would be wary of putting them on my rosacean skin.

I like the idea too, but I just don't know. I haven't had much luck with facial exercises, but I think that's because I wasn't sure where to place my fingers, may have been doing them wrong. I would love if some of you with facial exercise knowledge would give some input on this as to if you think this could work?
emmajo
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
That is very odd marketing, no picture of the weights. I am not sure your face would need weights though, your hands can push pretty hard..
Maybe they just show you how to use your own hands.

LOL at your post! I need help on how to use my own hands, as I think that's why f.e. haven't worked for be before! I don't think I was doing them right! But to me this would be so much easier, if it works. I would be more apt to do this everyday as compared using my fingers and wondering if they were at the right spot. I you go to Amazon and type in Facial Toning for Weights: For Facial Toning, Face Lifting, and Face Firming, it will come up. It shows pics of the weights, and has 4 reviews, 2 of the reviews I am sure are legit, not sure about the other 2.
emmajo
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
emmajo wrote:
Thank you skincarecat for your feedback! The only place other than their website that I have seen them is Amazon. But no reviews anywhere to be found that I can find. Maybe it's too new yet? Anyway, I did find on their site where it explains how to use them, pretty simple. I actually had thought of weights for the face before I came across them. I would really love what your thoughts are on the Dot Matrix too, this is the one I am really interested in. What RF device did you use before, and did it help with lifting the muscles? In you opinion, what is best for lifting of the muscles? My skin is in good shape, just need something to lift those dang cheek muscles back in to place! LOL! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

EDIT: After this post I found 4 reviews on Amazon. havana8 gives the link in her post, I'm not able to post links yet. If you have time skincarecat I would love to hear your thoughts if you happen to look at them on Amazon.
emmajo
5% products discount

Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
OK, a couple of bad reviews recently posted on Amazon about the Dot Matrix, how it doesn't work and doesn't heat up enough. So unless something changes, I'm scrapping that idea for awhile. However, I am still interested in the Face Weights, just wish someone on here had experience with them and could tell us if they were worth a try. Swissmom seemed to think they could work after her experiment. They have now raised the price from $30.99 to $39.99..
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |