Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Antioxidant serum help please...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Looking for one that i could apply day and night.

At night i put on my PC daily smoothing treatment and then once that has settled in for a good 20+ minutes i put my cetaphil moisturising cream on but i feel like i need to up the antioxidants and would like to put some on before my sunscreen in the day.

Anyone know any good ones? I was looking at the ingredients in some of the olay serums and this one http://www.boots.com/en/Olay-Regenerist-Regenerating-Serum-Fragrance-Free-50ml_16081/ looks quite good, it has niacinamide too which i hear is good.
barbiH
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
A great vitamin C serum like Vivier sold here on EDS is a wonderful AOX. It'll boost sun protection if you use it in the AM and boost collagen rebuilding if it's used at night.

My personal favorites are the Serum 5 (eyes) and Serum 10 (face/neck/chest). I usually use both twice/daily.
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't posted here in years and have been back on today for the first time in what seems like forever-was coming to see reviews for the Neurotris Pico Toner and decided to see if anyone else here was using my favorite product and this post caught my attention...I have been using Organic Herbal Face Food for the last year and a half. It is 10 million on the ORAC scale which is the highest of anything ever tested. It has completely transformed my skin, I had deep dermal melasma for a very long time and this product is the one that made the difference for me. It is 100% plant based, no fillers or chemicals.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure which Paula's choice product you are using. I do like some PC products, but I found that her anti-oxidant serums feel very siliconey. I have a tube (blue packaging) and I am using it up around eyes.

PC has a product line that has niacinamide.
It is the Skin Recovery line. I have the toner and I apply with fingertips and it lasts a long time. Absorbs quick and can be layered with other products.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Skin-Recovery/

Samples are available.

I tried the Olay Regenerist serum. Not bad, but this line has gotten quite expensive for drug store quality. I would rather spend a few dollars more and get a better quality item.

Another suggestion is CeraVe PM. I use this any time. It is under $15.00 Cdn. I am not sure if CeraVe is available in your area. I think this is a better moisturizer/treatment than the Olay.

http://www.cerave.ca/our-products/moisturizers/pm-facial-moisturizing-lotion?tab=ingredients

Canadians: site offers a printable coupon

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
I am not sure which Paula's choice product you are using. I do like some PC products, but I found that her anti-oxidant serums feel very siliconey. I have a tube (blue packaging) and I am using it up around eyes.

PC has a product line that has niacinamide.
It is the Skin Recovery line. I have the toner and I apply with fingertips and it lasts a long time. Absorbs quick and can be layered with other products.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Skin-Recovery/

Samples are available.

I tried the Olay Regenerist serum. Not bad, but this line has gotten quite expensive for drug store quality. I would rather spend a few dollars more and get a better quality item.

Another suggestion is CeraVe PM. I use this any time. It is under $15.00 Cdn. I am not sure if CeraVe is available in your area. I think this is a better moisturizer/treatment than the Olay.

http://www.cerave.ca/our-products/moisturizers/pm-facial-moisturizing-lotion?tab=ingredients

Canadians: site offers a printable coupon

Im using the daily smoothing 5% aha lotion. Mainly because i cant exfoliate manually it irritates my skin too much but it does also contain some salycylic acid and i have acne.

Hmm the toner looks interesting out of the recovery line. So this may be good enough for antioxidants? And does it feel drying on the skin at all? Not sure what skin type you are but mines very dry and sensitive and if anything dries my skin out alot i get really itchy and turns into spots. lol

Im trying to encorporate some homemade vitamin c mixed with water just used lightly over my face once or twice a week (i tried to do it more often and my face became really sensitive) but ive left it a good week to let my skin calm down so may start that again and know it can sit in the skin for many days after using it and is a good antioxidant Smile

and the cerave pm looks good too btw. Thanks for all those recommendations Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:42 am      Reply with quote
The PC toner I mentioned has niacinamide. I believe this is more effective than the Olay. The PC toner is very light and quick to absorb. You can apply this under a moisturizer, sunscreen, makeup. The niacinamide helps with redness.

The CeraVe PM is a moisturizer and also has niacinamide as well as ceramides and hyaluronic acid. Despite the PM in the name, it can be used am and pm.

I have to be careful with exfoliation also. I would suggest any retinol, AHA product be used at night and a protective sunscreen for day. The exfoliate makes skin more sensitive to the sun.

My skin was ultra sensitive this winter. I had temporarily stopped all actives. The CeraVe PM was a lifesaver in helping my skin repair its moisture barrier.

I am currently not using a vitamin c serum. I am considering the Vivier that BarbiH mentioned. I also like the PSF line. The 3 in 1 eye treatment is fantastic. (I reviewed this.)

Here are the PSF antioxidant options.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-antioxidant-m_415_906.htm

PSF has fantastic customer service. I emailed with some concerns and I got a personalized and detailed response.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:37 am      Reply with quote
MoxieMama wrote:
I haven't posted here in years and have been back on today for the first time in what seems like forever-was coming to see reviews for the Neurotris Pico Toner and decided to see if anyone else here was using my favorite product and this post caught my attention...I have been using Organic Herbal Face Food for the last year and a half. It is 10 million on the ORAC scale which is the highest of anything ever tested. It has completely transformed my skin, I had deep dermal melasma for a very long time and this product is the one that made the difference for me. It is 100% plant based, no fillers or chemicals.

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |