Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ladies, please share what gets you through hard times......
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lnb083
5% products discount

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
When the problem is out of your control, there is no relief in sight, and money is almost nonexistent?
Has anyone ever been here? Any feedback sorely needed!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Look into the mirror and tell yourself: I love you and will take care of you not matter what. Also, count your breaths letting good energy in and letting distress out. You deserve to feel good.

You will get through each day, and things do work out in the end - maybe not how you envisioned it, but in a workable way.

Hope you do not think this sounds a bit rote, it has really helped me in the past.

Keep well.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
The messages in this short article have really helped me. Worth a read to see if it resonates for you.

http://affordable-health-cures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/You-Can-Be-Happy.pdf
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 am      Reply with quote
My mantra is let go let God.
As Mismis also said, envisioning and radiating positive energy. Project what you want to receive, but also believe. Trust but also know it takes time.
Life is a circle of ups and downs and what is down will be up again.
But mostly, smile when you dont feel like it. The energy you get back might just make the difference to you and to someone who is going thru the same.
That was a good article Shasta linked to. Meditate on it and find something in it that resonates within you.
Having been in your shoes, I can tell you the one thing that worked for me was to tell myself it will pass and to never ever give up. You are stronger than you think you are and will be even stronger once you come out on the other side. There are lessons to be learned and something the universe needs you to take from it, as hard as that may be to understand sometimes.
There are great prayer circles out there as well that is also for those that are of a more spiritual.
http://www.crystalsilenceleague.org/
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Hugs!

5% products discount

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thank you each of you for taking the time to respond. It means more to me than you can know!
flyinggrace_099

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I find chocolate is great for a quick lift of the mood!
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:32 am      Reply with quote
The big thing is to do whatever is going to work best for you to relieve the stress and reassure yourself. Always remember what works and repeat it.

Btw, I am really sorry for whatever you're going through.
havana8

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
flyinggrace_099 wrote:
I find chocolate is great for a quick lift of the mood!

My co-workers would agree wholeheartedly with you! In fact, they have a daily chocolate run. Smile
SwiinyTodd

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I have used kratom to feel better and have more energy (bought it from kratomunderground dot com) to face other life's difficulties and overcome them all.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
lnb083 wrote:
When the problem is out of your control, there is no relief in sight, and money is almost nonexistent?
Has anyone ever been here? Any feedback sorely needed!

Oh, have I ever been there! In spades. I found recordings of a relaxation technique called Yoga Nidra was very, very helpful. Here is a youtube recording which is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5fA5T33iM

Yoga Nidra is being used for soldiers coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq who are under tremendous stress and depression. There are many recordings and I searched until I found the one I like which I have on my Ipod. I think the person's voice is very important to how one responds to Yoga Nidra.

It works wonderfully but you need to keep doing it every other day or every third day.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Do you practice mindfulness? It can relieve anxiety.

• Concentrate on the sky and the clouds passing on a beautiful day as you take a leisurely walk. Breathe.

• Have a bird feeder and watch the birds in the morning as you drink a cup of jasmine green tea.

• Brush your dog or cat and observe them as they enjoy the attention.

• Clean out your bathroom cabinets and drawers and enjoy the lack of clutter. Accomplish one positive thing a day even if you just dont have the energy to lift a finger.

All these things are free and can make you feel better. Believe me (and others who have answered here), its not easy but you can will yourself back to a positive frame of mind. If you ask, the tools to help yourself will appear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I have just rediscovered music and how all kinds can speak to your soul. I have had a difficult and stressful few months ,but today even tho it was my smallest minxes first day at school and it was pouring down with rain and cold, (definitely end of summer for us), I was listening to an album by Alison Krauss, and driving along the road with fields of golden barley on either side I suddenly felt at one with her music and completely at peace.

It was a beautiful few moments, and reminded me of how much music can soothe and heal.

That and friends who listen and the odd glass of wine, with them!! Laughing

Thats what helps me friends,and music.HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Alison has such a peaceful voice, doesnt she!

This one is kind of sad, but hopeful at the same time (with Robert Plant for you rocker chicks!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG_rArV84iY

Music Therapy is very effective, btw. Start out playing the saddest songs you can think of and gradually change to the happiest songs - it will transform your mood before you know it. Profound.

eta: If you feel like you are unable to cope tho, seek medical or counseling care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing more beautiful than her voice is her fiddle playin! This is a more happy one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ul3fPdeGYw

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
The messages in this short article have really helped me. Worth a read to see if it resonates for you.

http://affordable-health-cures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/You-Can-Be-Happy.pdf

Thank you for the link. That was beautiful.

Also, watching the movie, listening to the recording or reading The Secret. Writing down daily your gratitude.
We're not perfect, but finding ways to help remain positive. Very Happy
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Meditation is my way out! Learn to leave them behind is the key!
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
As I said in the other topic, I have been through lots of difficult challenges in these years and am still under tremendous stresses taking care of family, from time to time I do feel I am on the verge of breaking down. So, I would remember my sister told me that God would not give you what you can't take and difficulties make a person strong. Thus, I am able to pull this far and stay positive that things will get better and better.
shooterfish
5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
lillyc wrote:
Meditation is my way out! Learn to leave them behind is the key!

I agree, And also i always look at the positive side of all the problems.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Family support is important and to be always thankful for what you have and how you are will absolutely help you look things on the positive side.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Family support is important and to be always thankful for what you have and how you are will absolutely help you look things on the positive side.

Yes, family support would help, but not all have good family. You must rely on yourself.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just remember you are the same person.
The good or bad times of your life do not define who you are. Life is filled with ups and downs, that is just reality. you are the same loving wonderful person in good and bad times.
You will get through this difficult time, stronger, wiser, and have lived life more fully.
Don't beat yourself up, or let anyone else make you feel bad about yourself…things will turn around.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just remember you are the same person.
The good or bad times of your life do not define who you are. Life is filled with ups and downs, that is just reality. you are the same loving wonderful person in good and bad times.
You will get through this difficult time, stronger, wiser, and have lived life more fully.
Don't beat yourself up, or let anyone else make you feel bad about yourself…things will turn around.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Family and friends are important while you are in bad times. Yet, it is so true that not everyone is so lucky that they have supportive family and friends. Eventually, you have to be strong enough to deal with it. "God won't give you what you can't take." My sister-in-law told me this and it does help.
junglebeauty
5% products discount

Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Having a therapist to vent to has been essential for me. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a lot on their plate. I found a place that offers a sliding scale rate so it was able to fit inside my budget. I don't have a lot of family support and have been through some hard times. I try to not look at it as me being broken or needing help, but having them as a life coach of sorts to help me make the best decisions and process my past. I really need that time to vent, so I can keep it together the rest of the time. And now that my life has improved so much with her help I only need it once every 3 weeks.
swampy

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I not sure how this works, but here goes nothing. My husband is wanting to retire within the next year or so. I am less than thrilled about that idea. When he takes vacations, the first three days are great then it's all downhill from there. Plus my health has taken a nose dive in the past eight months and I can no longer drive, walking is limited, as is the use of my hands. The medications I am taking also cause me to feel very tired, drowsy and listless. Right now he is on day six of vacation and he is lucky to still be alive Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |