Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Don't we want to save money??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lionesscg
5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Some weeks ago I asked here if someone knew a website where I could buy samples, but all I'm seeing is still looking like a scam.

I'm wondering... Am I the only one who would LOVE to buy samples of new cosmetics I'm considering buying in order to compare and decide??? Why buy a full size of a product you haven't tested for some days??

Am I the only one in the world who thinks this way??

P.S.: if someone knows about a GOOD and TRUSTWORTHY website to buy samples please tell!!!
sevastra
5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
What about signing up for a beauty box? I think most of them are 10 dollars a month.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
What type of samples were you looking for?

EDS includes samples in your order.

The ones I like the best are skin care. I have such picky skin that I like to try a small package first.

I find skin care travel sizes at Shoppers Drug Mart. Avene and La Roche Posay have trial kits for $5.00. Included is a coupon for $5.00 on next order. I also have received random samples when checking out at the cosmetic counter.

Shoppers also has a sample bag available as GWP.

Department stores can be generous with samples. I don't purchase any department store lines but I did buy Clinique.

I buy from Paula's Choice and usually there is three free samples. Samples start at $1.00 and this is a great way to determine if a sunscreen, moisturizer, etc. is going to work for you.

I also buy mineral makeup and order sample or mini sizes. Some MMU companies also have skin care products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
sevastra wrote:
What about signing up for a beauty box? I think most of them are 10 dollars a month.

I have been disappointed with beauty boxes. I know it is only $10.00+ monthly, but most of it just sits there unused. I decided to just save that money and use it towards something I like.

Any beauty boxes you recommend for Canadians?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have not ordered from this site. It is a Canadian site that is specializing in green skin care and cosmetics.

They do offer sample sizes at a reasonable cost.

http://www.freshfaced.ca/pages/custom-sample-program

They feature some mineral makeup brands (ie; Alima, etc.) Mineral makeup companies are very flexible with sample sizes. If you like the idea of minerals; you can have a lot of fun trying new colours.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I've purchased from skinmedix many times without issue. Also check ebay.
lionesscg
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:59 am      Reply with quote
sevastra wrote:

Hi ladiessss. Thank you sooo much I'm so glad I found this forum your answer are so valuable!!!

sevastra I know about beauty boxes but I feel it's not what I need. You cannot choose the samples you receive and that is exactly what I'm looking for. I have so many things I want to try! The last thing I need is more random samples on my shelves! Razz
lionesscg
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
What type of samples were you looking for?

EDS includes samples in your order.

The ones I like the best are skin care. I have such picky skin that I like to try a small package first.

I find skin care travel sizes at Shoppers Drug Mart. Avene and La Roche Posay have trial kits for $5.00. Included is a coupon for $5.00 on next order. I also have received random samples when checking out at the cosmetic counter.

Shoppers also has a sample bag available as GWP.

Department stores can be generous with samples. I don't purchase any department store lines but I did buy Clinique.

I buy from Paula's Choice and usually there is three free samples. Samples start at $1.00 and this is a great way to determine if a sunscreen, moisturizer, etc. is going to work for you.

I also buy mineral makeup and order sample or mini sizes. Some MMU companies also have skin care products.

Autumn1995 I'm looking for a new vitamin C serum, exfoliator, cleanser and sunscreen. I would love a site where you can buy samples straight away and not have to buy full sizes in order to receive samples. And all in one place because if you have buy samples at different brand sites the shipping costs make it totally not worth it. But I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned, I didn't know Paula's Choice had samples! Interesting!!! Freshfaced also, thanks for the recommendations!! Very Happy
lionesscg
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:02 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Girliegil be careful with skinmedix. I was going to buy a sample of Skinceuticals but something felt wrong... So I checked on the Skinceuticals official site and they listed lots of unauthorised retails... Skinmedix was one of them, so be careful!! This is what the official site says:

IMPORTANT CONSUMER WARNING
Please be aware that if you purchase from an institution not listed as authorized the product(s) may be diluted, expired or counterfeit. They may not be safe to use or perform as tested and SkinCeuticals will not take any responsibility for the purchasers dissatisfaction. The websites listed below who claim to sell SkinCeuticals products have no relationship with our company and are not authorized retailers.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:01 am      Reply with quote
You will always see that warning particularly where samples are concerned as Skinceuticals does not sell samples. I've never had an issue with Skinmedix. I've purchased samples and full size product from them for a few years now.

lionesscg wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

Girliegil be careful with skinmedix. I was going to buy a sample of Skinceuticals but something felt wrong... So I checked on the Skinceuticals official site and they listed lots of unauthorised retails... Skinmedix was one of them, so be careful!! This is what the official site says:

IMPORTANT CONSUMER WARNING
Please be aware that if you purchase from an institution not listed as authorized the product(s) may be diluted, expired or counterfeit. They may not be safe to use or perform as tested and SkinCeuticals will not take any responsibility for the purchasers dissatisfaction. The websites listed below who claim to sell SkinCeuticals products have no relationship with our company and are not authorized retailers.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
MakeupArtistschoice.com sells samples of many of their skincare products and you can purchase samples only.I have ordered there and they are reputable.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Love, love Paula's Choice. I have found stuff I really like by trying her samples first.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Skinmedix currently has a 15% off sale (code FRFM15). They have a TON of sample sizes from a bunch of brands, including Avene, SkinMedica, Skinceutils and more.

http://www.skinmedix.com/sample-travel-sizes/

I have no affiliation, but have ordered from them in the past and would again.

15% off only until Oct 6, 2014
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Skinmedix currently has a 15% off sale (code FRFM15). They have a TON of sample sizes from a bunch of brands, including Avene, SkinMedica, Skinceutils and more.

http://www.skinmedix.com/sample-travel-sizes/

I have no affiliation, but have ordered from them in the past and would again.

15% off only until Oct 6, 2014

Thanks for posting this! Lots of options for sunscreen samples.

I wanted to add that the shipping to Canada is reasonable. It started at $13.50 (with one sample) and I was able to add full size products and lots of samples for the same cost.

If you miss the October 6 deadline; codes are available at Retailmenot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Good sharing.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |