Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
They are still sold out, but I am sure the reviews will start trickling in.

Apparently, Sarah has an issue with our forum. If you scroll down the homepage of the owndoc site, you will see a mean little message about our site.

I feel she is being unjust, she seems to be suggesting it was the EDS shop that was paying for plugs. From what I could ascertain the EDS shop was NOT responsible in any way. Obviously, however, some of the popular posters on this site were offered incentives to plug products on a daily basis. Prior to this, some of these members had been the backbone of this site and well respected: they were knowledgeable and informative. Sadly, they managed to sully the spirit of this forum. Probably the situation should have been brought to a halt earlier than it was: however, it was dealt with some time ago.

Occasionally it does appear that a member might be over plugging a product: recently a lot of posts from one member regarding Eminence springs to mind. Would it be possible for the moderators to gather all those under one title?

I bought the Dermajet and appreciated it for the short time it actually worked. I am really keen to try the Derminator too, but am unhappy that Ms. Vaughter feels compelled to paste negative information about EDS. There are many potential buyers of her product on this forum, but displaying ill-will rather sours the desire to buy any of her products.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 am      Reply with quote
It is available now ( October 20, 2014) US and European plugs are available.

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-list.php?Derminator-pg1-cid61.html

I have just bought one! Finally.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:53 am      Reply with quote
This is how my hand looks the next morning. The pricks are very visible(

Wow, posting a pic on this forum is a real pain Rolling Eyes
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 am      Reply with quote
So I have definitely decided - I am going to bite the bullet and order the Derminator on the 3rd. Hopefully they won't be sold out. My skin has improved so much on Retin-A, and my muscle tone with my Ageless face exercise, but the smoker's lines stand out more against my improved skin. Sad I need to work on those before I do anything else. I feel like my looks will be improved 2000% because aside from some faint hyperpigmentation (which I hope the Derminator will also address) the lines are the only things wrong with my face.

I know it's supposed to be less painful, but I'm still going to order numbing cream. I'm a sissy when it comes to pain!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I use 1/4 t. LAA, dissolve it in 1 t. water and add 1/4 t. propylene glycol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
WOW, that is amazing!

Did you use the machine on your face yet? Details, please! Especially regarding pain - I am the world's biggest baby when it comes to pain...

Yes, I did use it Friday night. I loved it. I used Emla, but I think any good numbing cream would work occluded, it's not as painful as other methods or MyM. I did .5 on my face and jawline. .25 on my eyes uppers and lowers and neck. Their was absolutely no pain in my lips when previously I could still feel pain with a roller or the MyM inspite of Emla. Very Happy the cartridge glided easily over the HA and I did not numb my cheeks just to see how painful it would be , and actually it was mildly annoying, not painful. But I will continue to numb the areas that usually make my eyes water only now I will use the cheaper eBay numbing creams! I think you are really going to like it. I didn't worry about the skina area setting or timer because frankly I couldn't see them very well! So I just set the speed at fast at the needle depth and went for it. I stopped the machine to change the needle depth when necessary, but this baby ran about the entire 20 min or so it took me to do my face with heating up, and their was no needle drag.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Rmc7 - how do you do your eyes? I've heard you can pull the skin down to the brow bone for lower lids but it still doesn't get the bit closer to the eyes and I've no idea how to do the lids - any hints? TIA!

On the upper lids I used .5 pulled up with a stretching motion using my left index finger near the beginning of the brow and the tail of the brow (left eye) lower lid pull down as much as I could to be on bone , reversed the process for my right brow now having my thumb at the start of my brow and the index at the tail. After I completed both uppers and lowers getting as much skin as I could to bone. I reduced the needle depth to .25 and speed to med. and while carefully watching in the mirror lightly got all the spots I missed getting close to my lashes but not on top of them keep in mind you are using needles. I'm going to start Tuesday P.P. With Derminator, I love this machine!

Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanna say, I bought the Derminator pretty much the second it was available and have genuinely loved it.

I haven't bled at all, except on the highest setting- and even that was very mild; make sure you aren't actually applying too much pressure, I pretty much just keep it in contact with my skin and let the machine to the work.

I ordered several single needles, and the first one I used ended up broken where it attaches to the machine after about 3 uses. Subsequent needles haven't had any damage, and I think I might not have attached the first one all the way. It takes more force than the 9-needle one to get on right.
emmaria

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Updating my previous post, I went and bought it. (Husband will probably kill me, haha.) But seriously, my stretch marks are so bad and I've been using cream and other stuff to no avail. Plus I have some scars that I just cannot get rid of.

Quick question, what numbing cream does everyone use? What about a cleaning solution?

I just received mine today and just did a "test patch" on 2.25mm setting. I've had 6 Dermapen treatments at the MedSpa (at 2.5mm depth each treatment) and I can tell you that this is just as powerful and penetrates just as well as the Dermapen.

I've had the treatments done on my stretchmarks with amazing results (greatly reduced depth, color, etc) so I am excited. I was paying $500 for each treatment for my stretch marks and this will not only save me money, but it will allow me to treat areas that I feel the technician may have missed. I did it on one stretch mark today just to test. I was curious if it felt like the Dermapen and it did. I was skeptical about it not penetrating properly but I was impressed. I did bleed a decent amount on the 2.25mm setting but I expected that. I wish I'd bought this sooner.

I have never actually used any numbing cream for any of my treatment. I tolerate pain fairly well though so it really comes down to preference.

I did go on the Dermapen site and buy the HA solution and the stretch mark solution to use when I do my treatments. I'll be doing my first treatment on the 26th myself for the first time so that ought to be interesting!

Very Happy
owndoc-dispatch

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Of course the money will be refunded to him if the package is lost in the mail. But it is not lost in the mail, it is delayed by USPS. We also refund if the package is returned to us. So we have a 100% money back guarantee. Of course we can't refund when the package is merely delayed and on its way to the customer. That way, we'd lose the money and the customer would have the merchandise. We warn on our site that USPS sometimes has enormous delays.

WhiteWolf should wait a little longer, because shipments are finaly "moving" again, with USPS. If after two more weeks there is still no package, we'll do a mail inquiry with USPS. If they report the package as lost, we'll immediately refund WhiteWolf. If we receive the package back, we'll immediately refund WhiteWolf. If WhiteWolf still has no package 4 weeks from now, We'll refund him. In short, we are very sure the delay is with USPS and WhiteWolf can be very sure he'll either receive his order or get refunded.

Please note that in any 2-month period, our US-bound turnover is approx. 200,000 USD. We currently have very many delayed packages. If we'd have to refund every package delayed by USPS, we'd lose tens of thousands of dollars and we'd have to permanently raise prices. There is nothing we can do about the chaos with USPS. Americans can buy domestically, but there is no comparable device in the US.

Finally, to show that we really mean it well and we really do everything to soften the pain of waiting and we really do everything we can to persuade USPS to clean up their act, we will refund WhiteWolf immediately 25% of his purchase when he snail-mails a complaint to the US Postmaster General about these delays and misrepresented tracking status. We offer this to all customers with delayed tracked packages, the details are on our site.
owndoc-dispatch

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 am      Reply with quote
We are very sorry for all our customers still experiencing delays. It is extremely stressful for us and of course for them too, because USPS makes it seem that we simply took the money and not ship. But when you look at the tracking status of the originating country (links are on our site), you can verify that the shipment has been forwarded to the US. China has a special agreement with USPS to expedite processing, it's call ePacket in China. Europe has no such agreement and currently, many European vendors that sell to the US are in damage control mode.

We now added a warning for US customers on every page of our store, telling them that while the normal transit time is between 10 and 20 days, USPS can delay packages by 6 to 8 weeks, occasionally. And we clarify our refund policy in those cases. We also provide a lot of evidence that the problem really lies with USPS, in the "Tracking" part of our store where we provide many links and screenshots of other sources saying the same thing.

If you read the Etsy thread I linked to earlier, you will see that some smaller vendors need to borrow money to refund US customers (who will eventually all get their order), people are going out of business this way and USPS pretends the sending country is to blame. Not all customers are so honest to pay for refunded shipments that all eventually arrive. We can survive that, but not everyone can. Read the thread I linked to. There are single mothers in Estonia, selling hand-made jewelery on Etsy that have to go into debt now due to this.

There is nothing we can do. Every time USPS has these delays we're discussing internally to stop selling to the US altogether, but that is not an option - 70% of our customers are in the US. The real problem is not even the delays, the real problem is USPS claiming we never shipped the (tracked!) package, while it has been sitting in their NYC sorting station for the past month. That's why we refund 25% as soon as a customer emails us a copy of their snail-mailed letter with a complaint to the Postmaster General. That's a $50 refund in the hope to get these issues fixed once and for all, regardless whether the package arrives (they always do) or not.

I wanted to clarify why we had a period of about a month that we charged $249,- for the Derminator.

It was during a time of extreme demand. We were totally unable to meet that demand and most was of clinics so we raised the price a bit to slow that demand down, also because we also had a few returns at that time, costing us significant money in replacements because we pay for the shipping of the return as well, which is, IIRC about $50, tracked, from many countries such as Canada and the US. It turned out that nearly all these returns were because a protective foil over the display made some people think their display was broken, a couple were genuine issues due to the fact that all beginning is difficult but we had no idea how many returns we would get and when we would be able to meet demand. As soon as we addressed the issues that caused returns we had our costs under control, we lowered prices to keep our profit the same. We apologize for this, and it is on the record that if your machine ever breaks, even if it's ten years from now, we'll send you a new one free of charge.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:04 am      Reply with quote
We're all screaming with you rmc! and for all the people that haven't ordered a derminator!

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:36 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
OMG. I wonder if some of you were surgeons in a past life. I'm not joking. I want to try derma rolling so badly, especially with the Derminator, if they ever resume shipping to the US, but I just really can't deal with the blood aspect. I envy those of you who can.
I might have to start to investigate having the procedure done professionally although I feel it's safer to do it myself because of all the up to date info available now (how can they run water on my face for 20 minutes in a professional office, for example) and because I know my skin better than anyone else.

That's the strange part Jasminerosey, in the Setterfield book, the running water is the docs home protocol! You are absolutely right n thinking how would this be done in a professional setting. I'm hoping someone who had the actual Dermapen proceedure will weigh in.
Jasminerosey , I hated dermarolling, I started derminating on a .25 setting and adjusted up as I became less fearful. I want to add , I used to faint when I had to have a simple blood test and I still can't look! But this doesn't bother me doing a section at a time and cleaning as I go. As soon as I wipe the ooze away it basically stops. And Derminator is very fast. I know you would would be scrupulous with sanitation ( I've read your posts) you have over 3/4 of the battle fought and won !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Your last post inspired me to derma needle too, rmc7. I'd buy the Derminator, but I'm in the US, so I'm think I'm going to purchase the .2 roller from dermal integrity, Dr. Setterfield's derma rolling clinic in Vitoria BC. and start that way.

That's a good way to start out. You are gonna be even more drop dead gorgeous than you already are! Folks are going to need sunglasses around you!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 6:41 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine - I look like that too. I also tend to get blood spots every easily and found that heparin ointment helps with that (gardenpharmacynj is where I bought it from). Now I try to use it on m face when I know I have 0 plans, like a rainy weekend or something. I'm hoping my skin thickens up over time to tolerate it more.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2015 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I sent my picture to owndoc. It's somewhere there on the website . I started using it in December along with my Anteage .I'm going to send a 6 month update that will be taken with my husbands Nikon professional camera. We also took some befores. The ones on own doc were taken with my iPad and give you some idea but aren't too good. I love both the derminator and the Anteage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2015 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
The US plug Derminator is in stock! I just bought one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Skin Care Boards has a derminator thread under AntiAging and they talk about one of the derma rolling docs, Dr. Setterfield. He has a course and a couple of books on derma needling.

He recommends using the nasal spray to get the 'slip' on your skin because granulomas were formed in a (very) few people when using a Vitamin C serum. So he changed his recommendation to eliminate using anything but saline before needles.

He thinks that both the cosmetic and medical rolls are necessary to combat aging.

From (not mine) notes taken from the Setterfield course, he recommends:

"2 min 2xweek at first, gradually increasing your tolerance until you reach the goal of 5-10 min per day"

I need to give credit to Fawnie on Skin Care Boards for sharing her notes.

There are so many methods/views/products about derma needling that it is hard for me to pick the best one.

rmc7, are you doing product penetration rolls?

Loved your progress and pictures on owndoc!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 am      Reply with quote
According to Dr setterfield, however, .5mm roller can be counted as a medical roll, I think there is still a grey area depending upon the professional. Dr setterfield tends towards the more conservative whereas Dr Fernandes is much more aggressive.
I tend towards being more conservative in that I do 6 to 8 week apart aggressive 1 mm rolls with .25 to .75 mm cosmetic rolls 2 x a week in between.

Each their own but this is serious anti ageing treatment and is very long term , so if you are too aggressive the recovery to get over any mistakes can take extremely long and therefore I would veer towards less is more! It is our faces after all Rolling Eyes
Lecture over Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Grammalow wrote:
I have found some moon shaped patches at Amazon (with little holes in them) that I sleep in. When I wear them consistently (like reverse overlapping parentheses between my eyes) the muscle starts relaxing and the whole area looks plumper.

Can you please give a link?Smile Thanks!

Hitece Anti Aging Crystal 24K Gold Powder Gel Collagen Eye Masks Sheet Patch (10 Pairs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H1OI5XC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_p87PvbZTH2HXV

Or

2 Pack 30 Sheets Purederm Collagen Eye Zone Pad Patches Mask Wrinkle Care https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CTQ0EUY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_297PvbRJE3R5J

Or

MyM® Collagen Crystal Eyes Mask Full Covered for Lift, Firm, Anti-wrinkle, Dark Circle and Eyes Bag. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F7SOGIW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_X.7Pvb6HXZWVV

Maybe this is what they're talking about?
Grammalow
5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:41 am      Reply with quote
It's these.

http://www.amazon.com/Expressions-Breathable-Anti-Wrinkle-Patches-Crescent/dp/B00JGAHFIU/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1437067858&sr=1-7&keywords=dermagen

They come in other shapes and sizes, and also "fabric". I like these the best. I have put some of the other shapes on eyes, cheeks, etc. Sometimes it's just too much time to put them on, and then take them off and put them back in place. But between the eyes is worth the effort.

They can be used lots of days in a row. When they start leaving a sticky residue on the inside of my eye, I toss them.

I put them in an overlapping reverse parentheses shape, and run them from the inside bridge of my nose up to my forehead. It's hard to show here but: )(
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Here is another microneedling pen demo (not the Derminator) that demonstrates the circular technique:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIawoEfZ7cc

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
OK, mine arrived in NZ pretty quickly and works with NZ power (Australian power Derminator).

It really is utterly amazing after going through all the pain of rolling, stamping and single needling: it really barely hurt, more like a very firm massage machine. A few areas in the face were closer to pain, but nothing like what I've put myself through.

I can see myself now needling more often, and covering bigger areas.

However, I'm hiding indoors today, looking rather battered with pink. Shows it works Smile.

I need to work on single-needle cartridge precision: one can't see the needle and the surrounding area immediately gets pink. Do any of you mark the exact centre of the cartridge to know where the needle is?

Now what to do with all the spare rollers and stamps?

I put on my reading glasses when doing the single needle. You could try that, or try using a magnifying mirror. They're fairly cheap and give you a much better view of a line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Now that still hurt! Especially round my mouth but I persevered and got it done. My whole face is very pink and tight. I single needled my lip lines then went over my whole face with a 1.25, then I switched to 1.0 and went over it again. I shall do this again in 3 weeks, or on the 25th. I did notice that when I cut the speed to medium it hurt less, so next time I will do around my mouth on medium.

My lip lines really have diminished but I am SO impatient! I have stopped wearing lipstick, just use a little clear balm but I want to start wearing red lipstick again. I used to be known for it, I am blonde and pale skinned and it looked quite well. I do have full lips and I like that, but those lines!

God help me, I'm so vain. LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Mars: don't use a sewing needle. Owndoc really advises against it and they are the experts. I used one only because nothing better was available. I used the thinnest I could find but it was immensely painful and may have risked scarring. So please don't do it.

Now that the Derminator is available, just buy one: much faster, much less painful, much more accurate re depth.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |