Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
You're very welcome. Yes, I definitely think it's helping with the pigmentation. Maybe there is more peeling when you do it so often. I didn't really notice my skin peeling but I fed it a lot of product so maybe I didn't notice.

Don't know yet when I'll repeat because I don't know what Fernandez recommends. If anyone knows, would really appreciate the info.

I am going to start penetration rolls with a .3 or .25 next week and work up to doing them 3 or 4 times a week. I know that Fernandez does recommend that after the six weekly sessions. He even wants you to do it every nite if your skin can tolerate it.

I wouldn't want to hurry with another 6 week session because I don't want to take the chance of disrupting any collagen forming. I think it takes up to 3 months to see the full benefit.

Yes, I do love my derminator!
bethbb

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to give an update on the red blood dots taking 4 days to go away after 1.0 roll.

I did my 2nd aggressive 1.0 roll. This time I immediately got in the shower & drained my hot water heater before I got out. I then took maryclairs suggestion to use fawnies silk mask. Then a thin layer of infadolan for the night. It didn't help .... I still had the red blood dots for 4 full days.

On owndoc I read someone else who took ibuprofen & fish oil daily had this same problem. When they stopped a few days before a roll, they didn't have the lingering dots. I take fish oil & also ibuprofen daily to manage arthritis. If I stop the ibuprofen my hands hardly function. I'll have to put up with 4 days of red dots but can't do the weekly rolls some of you are having a lot of success with.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Beth,

I wonder if you are experiencing petechiae.

I looked it up and it says petechiae is a small (1–2 mm) red or purple spot on the skin, caused by a minor bleed (from broken capillary blood vessels).

I get a few of them too and they do take days to clear up. They are always were I got a little too aggressive.

Remember how the doctors used to say you had to draw blood? Well, we're drawing blood, it's just not coming thru the skin so maybe it's not such a bad thing.
orchide

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:37 am      Reply with quote
With the recent Dr. Fernandes less agressive rolls, is he saying to do 6 consecutive sessions with 1mm rollers or less and do these every 2-3 days for 6 sessions? After the 6 sessions, do you take a break and how long? Does he also suggest weekly rolls thereafter or even more frequent?

P.S. I have been rolling for 2 years now, have been doing 1mm-2mm rolls with the derminator every 6 weeks and I have had really good results, but it is very gradual. I'm wondering if Dr. Fernandes latest less agressive rolls can produce better results.
orchide

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:42 am      Reply with quote
bethbb wrote:
Just wanted to give an update on the red blood dots taking 4 days to go away after 1.0 roll.

I did my 2nd aggressive 1.0 roll. This time I immediately got in the shower & drained my hot water heater before I got out. I then took maryclairs suggestion to use fawnies silk mask. Then a thin layer of infadolan for the night. It didn't help .... I still had the red blood dots for 4 full days.

On owndoc I read someone else who took ibuprofen & fish oil daily had this same problem. When they stopped a few days before a roll, they didn't have the lingering dots. I take fish oil & also ibuprofen daily to manage arthritis. If I stop the ibuprofen my hands hardly function. I'll have to put up with 4 days of red dots but can't do the weekly rolls some of you are having a lot of success with.

I have been rolling for 2 years now and every time I get red dots too on every agressive roll. It takes a good 4 days for it to go away. I don't take any medication that cause more bleeding. It must just be the way my skin is.
junerosemac
5% products discount

Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I get a few red spots, always on my cheek area, nowhere else. It fades quickly, but it's always there, lasts around 2 days. I follow Owndoc's advice, doing a 1.5 or 1.75 every four weeks (when I also use the single needle on lip lines), and in between, usually twice a week I do 0.25. Whichever I do I always get a few red spots on cheeks, and I think "Oh no, not the hives again", but it isn't hives, there's no itching, just red spots. I only use HA and Vit C after rolling. I use Retin A on a different day to needling.
My skin is thicker, some fine lines nearly gone, but if all I do is slow down this ageing process I'll be a happy bunny. 7 months since I started the derminator.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I'm wading through all the talk about the Derminator and have decided to throw myself on your mercy and just ask my questions and hope some of you will answer even if it's all been said before!
I've done lots of derma-rolling on myself, none for a few years now. Time has come, when I need to return to dermarolling, but this time on my sons face, to help get rid of acne scarring. Do you think the Derminator is better than a straightforward roller? And is there a new protocol that I don't know about? I used vit c, copper peptides, rose hip oil, infadolan.
I feel mildly freaked by derma-rolling on somebody else's face, even though I was pretty gung Ho about my own, so I really want to be sure I'm doing it all optimally.
Thanks!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Catski,

Hope this takes you to the pdf...I believe it is taken from a 2013 book with the same name that you can buy on Amazon right now but it's expensive and this tells you a lot.

http://www.kvm-medizinverlag.de/out/media/Illustrated_Guide_Percutaneous_Collagen_Induction.pdf

HTH
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! Just looked over it and seems like I do know what I'm doing already, no new tips or tricks.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to get a script from a doctor for numbing cream.

Does anyone have a good source? I've use Dr. Numb in the past and I've liked it but can't find it anymore. It had a mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine and I really liked it.

I'm surprised that owndoc doesn't sell something. Any recommendations? Thanks!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, I forgot to comment on the derminator. I do like it better than rolling especially if you're doing medical rolls.

The needle goes up and down at a 90 degree angle and the professionals think this is better than coming at an angle.

You can easily change from a 9 needle to a single needle.

You have better access to skin around the eyes or any tight areas.

I like the circular paths that I use with the terminator rather than the vertical, horizontal and star patterns of the rollers. I don't use the timer feature. I just keep needling until I my skin turns a pleasing shade of red.

One of the cons is that the maximum needle depth is 2.25 so if you want to go deeper you'll have to use a different device.

HTH
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I need to get a derminator finally. It's my next gadget without a doubt! I should do a roll with my knock off dermapen. I used it months back when I first got it and actually got a good roll out of it. But derminator is definitely next on my wish list.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 am      Reply with quote
HI MaryClaire,

Here is a great place for 10% lidocaine . I got it in 3 days . Fast email response too. I wound up getting a prescription numbing cream after all, but this helped
https://www.koreangs.com/pain-relief

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank u miracleskin29
I was just about to ask regarding numb creams
How long do you leave the numb cream for before you start rolling?
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
HI Preciousia,

I'm actually experimenting with this . It seems that different numbing creams take longer and wear off ar different times . The 10% I've been leaving on for 45min to an hour . What seems to be more important in my case,is putting a thick layer on .

Also , even though this is good for otc, the prescription one if have still works much better and faster

Hth

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:38 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29

yes, that helps. thanks

i remember when i used to get laser, the numbing process is about 45min to 1 hour
plus they will put something that looks like cling wrap over it.

what is the name of the prescription numbing cream? i think i will need a good numbing cream

i found Xylocaine / 5% lidocaine. Not sure where to get EMLA
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Preciousia,

It triple numbing cream ,benzocaine ,lidocaine ,tetracaine .

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
Preciousia,

It triple numbing cream ,benzocaine ,lidocaine ,tetracaine .

i found a compounding chemist here that sells that combo, is the strength the same?

3% Benzocaine, 4% Lidocaine and 3% Tetracaine
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Here is where I ordered my numbing cream:

http://www.biosenseclinical.com/detail.aspx?Z=68977

Power of 3 numbing agents:

Benzocaine 20%
Lidocaine 6%
Tetracaine 4%

They state that it only takes 15 min to numb the area if you cover it with Saran Wrap.

They are in Canada and the RPh will contact you to ask you what you plan to use it for, where you are using it, and how often. CYA I guess since its compounded by them.

To answer another question further up, LMWHA does not trigger inflammation, in fact it helps alleviate it. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefano_Cavicchini/publication/51415444_Low_molecular_weight_hyaluronic_acid_increases_the_self-defense_of_skin_epithelium_by_induction_of_beta-defensin_2_via_TLR2_and_TLR4/links/00b7d520b2f1ae906d000000.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3486775/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Preciousia,

The one I have is

B-20%
L10%
T-6%

Fawnie,
Thank you for the link to your numbing cream. I like the FAQ on it. It is interesting how triple numbing creams have different percentages

Im sitting here w it on my face trying it out w a face mask for product penetration instead of the Saran Wrap . Whatever it takes to look young lol

I'm editing to add that for me even this strong of s product I need to leave it on 30-45 minutes and that is a thick layer with the Saran Wrap .Also one thing that helped , is when I take it off section by section , I start with the easier areas ,scrape it off with a butter knife ,put it on the more sensitive area that already has numbing cream ,to put on a thicker layer ,without adding more total numbing cream . After I scrape it off,before i needle , I of course wipe or wash it off

Hth someone and thanks again everyone for posting about your experience with this

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:43 am      Reply with quote
do you use an anti-bacteria cream on the face before dermarolling?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:48 am      Reply with quote
fawnie & miracleskin29
wow your numbing cream is really power.Shock
how much does it cost?

i think i will try Xylocaine (5% lidocaine) first
anyways, i only ordered a 0.25mm and 0.5mm dermaroller so far.

i managed to find EMLA at the chemist but no way as strong as the ones you guys are using.
EMLA is Lignocaine 2.5%, Prilocaine 2.5%.

If it hurts bad, i will go see a doctor to get a prescription strength numbing cream.
ora123

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the derminator on stretched out/saggy stomach skin? I would really love to hear if anyone has had any success with this (or not!). I have stretched saggy skin from pregnancy, and I would love love love to impact on this. I know that only a tummy tuck will completely improve things, but I'm not willing to go down that path...and I'd love to find an option that could make a 20% or 50% improvement - I'll take anything I can get.

Has anyone here had any success with the derminator (or other needling) on stomach area?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:02 am      Reply with quote
ora123 wrote:
Has anyone used the derminator on stretched out/saggy stomach skin? I would really love to hear if anyone has had any success with this (or not!). I have stretched saggy skin from pregnancy, and I would love love love to impact on this. I know that only a tummy tuck will completely improve things, but I'm not willing to go down that path...and I'd love to find an option that could make a 20% or 50% improvement - I'll take anything I can get.

Has anyone here had any success with the derminator (or other needling) on stomach area?

did a google search and found some positive results from others using needling on loose skin.

i guess this is off topic but with loose skin, i found dry brushing and my thermal active body lotion skin care (capcaisin is one of the active ingredient) helps the loose skin after some weight loss. this is probably a slow way.
ora123

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I've seen similar things from google searches, but I'd love to hear first hand experience before investing in something like the derminator....

I haven't heard of thermal active body lotion, thanks I'll check it out! I was thinking about getting some retin-a and vit c serums to try on my stomach....do you think the thermal active is better??
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum (7 g / 0.25 oz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |