Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Lactic acid moisturizers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Ive been searching hi and low for a product whose main ingredient is Lactic acid (I love Lactic).
Anything that I find that says its a lactic product will have lactic acid listed at the bottom of the ing. list.
Anyone know of a good lactic product with it more towards the top of the ing. list??
-Thanks

p.s. I dont have a preference for creams vs. gel or serum when it comes to lactic acid.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Silk Naturals has one that has a short ingredient list. Lactic acid is 8%. Sample size available.
It is liquid. I apply with fingertips.

http://www.silknaturals.com/store/index.php/skin-care/toners/8-aha-toner-646.html

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ponds Rejuveness. Target have travel as well as full sizes. I have been using it about for about two weeks. I love it. It is worth getting the travel size to see if you like it, without spending money for the full size. HTH Smile
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am a big fan of Skin Biology's Lactic Power 10 moisturizer. It has 10% lactic acid and other good ingredients too. It has a lotion texture. I have been using this for almost 4 years now.

Here is the ingredient list:

Purified water, lactic acid, ethylhexyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, squalane, glycerol stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium salicylate, carthamus tinctorius seed (safflower) oil, polysorbate 80, PPG 2 myristyl ether propionate, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, phenoxyethanol, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, retinyl palmitate, tocophersolan (vitamin E), mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, and mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q-10), and xanthophyll (lutein).

Here is the product link:

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/Lactic_Power_10_p/29l.htm

If you want more suggestions I can try to type a longer post when I have time. Lactic acid creams are a bit of an obsession of mine although good ones are hard to find.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much...I will have to look up all of these later today.
I was interested in your post the most kitty,
Everything looks great in the product except squalane..it has great properties but I'm acnaic/acne prone and am wondering if it'd make my face go crazy...I'm gonna say probably, so throw more suggestions my way if you got the time! I love lactic, its the only thing that is really lock and key with my skin. I was doing lactic peels in school, but now that I'm out I cant find where to purchase peels for at home use so...just thought something lactic based everyday would have a great effect.

Thanks too Autumn and cuteness!
I will make sure to give those a run through.
I did actually look at the silk naturals one but I posted on here to get everyones opinion+see if there's anything stronger than 8% out there.
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
heyheymonster,

Is your fear of squalane based on past experience?

I am not sure if you would be interested in using something with salicylic acid too but Skin Biology also makes a LacSal serum which has 8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid and no squalane. I use the LacSal cream but have never tried the serum.

Ingredints: Purified water, lactic acid, hydrolyzed soy protein, butylene gylcol, glycerin, sodium salicyclate, phenoxyethanol, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, hydroxyethyl cellulose, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, fragrance (herbal mask), and tocophersolan (vitamin E)

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/LacSal_Serum_p/19s.htm

I am going to type up a list of lactic products I have found in my search for the ideal lactic acid product. I will not comment for now but if you have a question about a particular product please ask and I would be happy to go into more detail. I am very particular and some of these products have something I do not like.

PRODUCTS I HAVE TRIED:

AmLactin Cream 12%

No longer available but they do make a lotion which is similar.

http://amlactin.com/product/amlactin-moisturizing-body-lotion

Theraderm Fruit Acid Exfoliant- Lactic Acid Toner

http://www.therapon.com/theraderm-skin-care-products/Fruit-Acid-Exfoliant#MoreInfo

Ingredients to Die For AHA Skin Rejuvenating Lotion For Face & Body - 10% Lactic Acid and also a 12% Lactic Acid version. They have a 5% version too but I think maybe you are interested in a higher lactic acid percentage.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/AHA_Skin_Rejuvenating_Lotion_For_Face_Body_10_Lactic_Acid/1000

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/AHA_Skin_Rejuvenating_Lotion_For_Face_Body_12_Lactic_Acid/1356?category=51

PRODUCTS I HAVE NOT TRIED

DHC Renewing AHA Cream (with 10% lactic acid)

http://www.dhccare.com/renewing-aha-cream

B. Kamins Lactic-10

http://www.skinstore.com/p-16863-b-kamins-lactic-10.aspx

Refinity Skin Science has several products with lactic acid. I will post the link to the Refinity page on Dermstore.com but I am not sure if these products are being discontinued or reformulated.

http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Refinity+Skin+Science_100144.htm

DianaYvonne
10% Lactic Acid Gel

http://www.dianayvonne.com/lactic-acid-10-2-or-4-oz/

There are more products but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now. Let me know if you have any questions!
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
wow thanks so much!! I'll try to check those all out by the end of tonight! Smile Smile Smile

EDIT:
I did look at the LacSal and I emailed the company if I should try LacSal or the Lactic 10...pretty much because on top of being acne prone I'm dehydrated too..and I just wanted to make sure the Lac10 wouldnt break me out and the LacSal would't dry me out haha.

I am now interested in trying a little one ounce of the Ingredients to Die for 12%, because its a bigger percent and because its cheap. The only thing putting me off is the actual website..I guess I trust a fancier one if thats a thing.
How was it for you?
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
For those that like the Amlactin, Costco had a big 20oz. bottle the other day for around $18. That's a super deal! Very Happy
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried philosophy hope in a jar?

http://www.philosophy.com/original-formula-moisturiser-for-all-skin-types/hope-in-a-jar,default,pd.html

If you're into exfoliating moisturizers, I think it's pretty good. I don't remember it being very hydrating (so not great for very dry skin), but it was good for leave-on exfoliation (it made my skin quite smooth).
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip off Gayle Smile
And RMB I have not tried hope in a jar (or I dont recall), we always have philosophy's product around the house and to be honest I was never really impressed. I will ask my mom if she has any hope in a jar for me to try though.
Right now my attention has mainly been caught by the LacSal mentioned above, and also in h.kitty's post the Diana Yvonne 10% Lactic Acid Gel - with just water, lactic and binder or xanathum gum it looks like a real simple product. (always a fan of simple product).
Thanks again guys!
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am      Reply with quote
heyheymonster wrote:

I am now interested in trying a little one ounce of the Ingredients to Die for 12%, because its a bigger percent and because its cheap. The only thing putting me off is the actual website..I guess I trust a fancier one if thats a thing.
How was it for you?

I guess the site isn't very fancy but overall I had a good experience with the company. I like how they provide detailed information about their products. I ordered a few of the 1 oz size of the lactic acid moisturizers and I think I ordered some oils too. Shipping was high for the dollar value of my order but they base shipping on what it costs them to send the package not on how much you spend. Even with the higher shipping the items still ended up being very inexpensive. Wink

As for the product, it has been a while since I tried their lactic acid moisturizers but I did not repurchase. They were okay and I honestly cannot remember exactly what didn't impress me about them. I am thinking the texture might not have been what I was looking for or maybe the scent. All that being said, if you live in the US it might be worth a try since they are so cheap.
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 am      Reply with quote
heyheymonster wrote:
Thanks for the tip off Gayle Smile
And RMB I have not tried hope in a jar (or I dont recall), we always have philosophy's product around the house and to be honest I was never really impressed. I will ask my mom if she has any hope in a jar for me to try though.
Right now my attention has mainly been caught by the LacSal mentioned above, and also in h.kitty's post the Diana Yvonne 10% Lactic Acid Gel - with just water, lactic and binder or xanathum gum it looks like a real simple product. (always a fan of simple product).
Thanks again guys!

I too am a fan of simple products! I have to admit that after my post yesterday and then looking around some on the Dianna Yvonne website I am tempted to buy a sample of the 10% Lactic acid gel....and maybe some other samples.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Its so hard to decide haha...I want them all.
I was looking more at the LacSal though yesterday, I already use epionce's retexturize LX or TX with sal. acid and witch hazel, does anyone think adding more sal. acid would dry my skin out if I used both everyday? just wondering, as far as sal. acid goes I honestly dont know as much.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
Silk Naturals has one that has a short ingredient list. Lactic acid is 8%. Sample size available.

http://www.silknaturals.com/store/index.php/skin-care/toners/8-aha-toner-646.html

Autumn1995, have you tried any other products from this company?

I like that the toner is pregnancy safe!
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I finally just purchased the LacSal Serum, will let you guys know what I think Smile.
The only thing I didn't like was that shipping was almost as much as the product... Confused

I have flaky skin and my concern is that the sal. acid will make it "drier" but I think maybe it'll eat up all that dead skin and if its too much for my face I'll just use on the body.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:49 am      Reply with quote
heyheymonster wrote:
I finally just purchased the LacSal Serum, will let you guys know what I think Smile.
The only thing I didn't like was that shipping was almost as much as the product... Confused

I have flaky skin and my concern is that the sal. acid will make it "drier" but I think maybe it'll eat up all that dead skin and if its too much for my face I'll just use on the body.

Did you check EDS first?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skin-biology-face-care-m_597_852.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skin-biology-lacsal-gentl-p_14964.htm (Small)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Autumn1995 wrote:

Autumn1995, have you tried any other products from this company?

I like that the toner is pregnancy safe!

I like that the formulas are simple and trial sizes are available.

Shipping has gone up so I don't order as often now. Shipping to Canada starts at $8.55 (for a lip gloss) and quickly goes up as it is based on weight.

I have tried almost all the serums:

They all contain: (From the Silk Natural website)

Quote:
Tamarind seed extract for a super boost of hydration. In recent studies it's been shown to out preform hyaluronic acid in terms of skin hydration and for the smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles.

Note: the shelf life is three months on the vitamin c formulas.

I would rather have hyaluronic acid.

I was buying the cleansing oil, but it has three ingredients and is easy to dupe.

http://www.silknaturals.com/store/index.php/skin-care/cleansers/apricot-cleansing-oil-835.html

I prefer GOW. Better formulations and the shipping is reasonable. I paid $6.05 last time and I had several items in my package.

I do really like the lipgloss, lipbalms, eye shadows, etc. from Silk Naturals and I will probably buy again on her next seasonal release (around Thanksgiving). I was using more of the skin care, but I have looked at other options.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't like to order on-line anymore for things I need on regular basis. Shipping cost make it very unfair and takes away the enjoyment of your new purchase.

Can I also suggest Kate Somerville? I've used it and I was very happy with it. Now, I avoid moisturizers and drink more water. Our body is able to address dryness better this way and I use exfoliating products as in retinol for cellular turnover.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I don't like to order on-line anymore for things I need on regular basis.
Quote:
Shipping cost make it very unfair and takes away the enjoyment of your new purchase.

Can I also suggest Kate Somerville? I've used it and I was very happy with it. Now, I avoid moisturizers and drink more water. Our body is able to address dryness better this way and I use exfoliating products as in retinol for cellular turnover.

I agree that high shipping costs are a huge deciding factor in ordering.

Some places with reasonable costs for shipping to Canada:

EDS. I usually have several items and pay $5.00 for shipping.

GOW - reasonable cost for items. No frills packaging and no cosmetic items:( I usually pay around $6.00 for a few items.

well.ca - hard to find items. Free shipping within Canada on $25.00 order. Last order was OOS Stash Pumpkin Spice tea and Giovanni hair products.

Any other places with reasonable shipping to Canada?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I would like to add one more company for reasonable costs within Canada.

I really like Vasanti. Manufactured in Canada.

Standard free shipping on orders of $29.00 or more. I like the eye wonder, tinted lipbalms and the scented coconut oil for hair.

Use code Skin20 for 20% OFF your ENTIRE order until October 30. N/A

http://vasanticosmetics.com/ca/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I wish there are more options. Not all like items from well.ca & Vasanti. EDS is good also.

The other issue is the delivery. Some of them, you have to be home to sign. I'm too busy to sit by the door.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Update:
LacSal by Skinbiology has been one of my favorite products-ever Smile glad I bought it!

(Just a side note though, it smells horrible haha.)
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting about the LacSal serum smelling horrible. I have used both the LacSal cream and Lactic Power 10 and while I would not describe the scent as pleasant I wouldn't consider it to be bad and certainly not horrible. I wonder if something in the LacSal serum makes it smell so bad?

BTW I am glad you like the LacSal so much! Smile
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think its my preference really...maybe?
I've never ever liked the smell of sal. acid so maybe that is why haha.

Like seabreeze..if anyones ever used that, I just cant stand the smell, astringity..I think.

and yes thank so much Smile I was worried about it drying me out but really it just makes me smooth. Think its a good way to exfoliate.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |