Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Extreme Exfoliation Needed???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm just SO sick of these super tiny bumps all over my face in the EXACT same spots for over 3 years!!! I want them gone. They look awful with make-up on and they have changed my skin tone to a pink color in the area where the bumps are. These bumps have just been there forever in the same spots.

What can I do?? Please anyone can help me?

Could this be milia all over my face? OR some kind of stubborn acne? But could acne bumps remain on the skin in the same spots for years?

Do I need to do some kind of extreme exfolation? I have tried exfoliating and exfoliating products, maybe I need something more intense? I have tried dry brushing my face and it just seemed too harsh and was possibly creating wrinkles and doing nothing for the bumps. I've tried fruit exfoliating products, chemical ones. I had tried a product that contained glycolic acid 3 times and I stopped because my skin seems to dislike it a lot, I was breaking out and my skin was making wrinkles from dryness. I tried lactic acid peel at home at 15% and it seemed to make my skin upset as well. Should I just take a needle and poke at these bumps? I don't know what to do anymore! They do look like hard bumps. They are too small for me to be able to feel though, I can only generally feel a roughness to my skin when I put my hands on my face in the areas where I have soooo many tiny clusters of bumps.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Please do NOT take a small needle and start poking at your skin.

Is it possible these are clogged pores?

What is your skin care routine?

Milia is usually under the eye and the cause is heavy eye creams.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
Please do NOT take a small needle and start poking at your skin.

Is it possible these are clogged pores?

What is your skin care routine?

Milia is usually under the eye and the cause is heavy eye creams.

Thank you for your response. I don't know anymore. Can clogged pores stay on the skin for so many years in the exact same spots and never budge? I know milia generally happens under the eye but these bumps are super small, hard, and do not go away no matter what I have tried so far. That's why I figured it's milia. I am not sure I know what clogged pores are but what can I do?

My skin care routine as of now is quite simple. I have tried about 50 products in the past 4 years so my skin care routine has been different every few months. For the past year now, I have tried to keep it more simple but it just hasn't done anything. In the morning I sometimes wash my face with my gentle cleanser, then possibly put on moisturizer like Olay Replenishing Anti Wrinkle Cream or Nivea COQ10 cream if I'm not leaving the house. If I am going somewhere I put on Eucerin Daily Protection Lotion with spf30 or Shiseido spf50 if it's the summer time and then sometimes I put on Green Tinted Primer and then my L'Oreal concealer or Maybelline concealer and L'oreal powder and blush. At night, I use the same gentle cleanser to remove my makeup and then put on one of the moisturizers I just mentioned above. The moisturizer probably isn't working too well I think it just seems to sit on top of the skin on top of these bumps. I can't tell if moisturizer is doing anything for my skin.

What do you think of all this and what do you think I should try to do with my problem?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Is it possible that your gentle cleanser is NOT removing all your makeup and sunscreen?

I know that when I wear Paula's Choice Resist SS (tinted and zinc based) I MUST use a cleanser that removes it. I am OK with CeraVe foaming on days that I am not wearing SS and or mineral makeup.

Just a thought....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't wear makeup for a long time when the bumps first seemed to appear because I thought it was an allergic reaction, I still cleansed even without wearing makeup and my skin looks the same.

What cleanser do you use to remove your makeup?

How do I figure out if my cleanser is doing a good job of removing makeup or not? It seems to me it is...but what do I know. I am going to have to switch to a new cleanser and I'm furiously looking for one because my cleanser is being discontinued. What should I look for to do a great job of taking makeup off?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use my DIY oil based cleanser when I need to remove sunscreen and or mineral makeup.

Basic recipe is:

90% oil
up to 10% emulsifier

I buy mine from Garden of Wisdom.
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4032845/7039318.htm

This made a big difference in helping oil clogs loosen.

There is many places to buy an oil cleanser. I want an emulsifier so the cleanser rinses clean.

For AM cleansing, I use micellar water or CeraVe cleanser.

If I have a full face of SS (especially with physical filters/water resistance such as zinc oxide)my face is not properly cleansed unless I use something with oil to dissolve the makeup and SS. It is almost as if a film is left behind. I usually apply concealer around my nose (to hide redness) and I can see leftover concealer there.

Shiseido spf 50 with zinc oxide is VERY water resistance. Most Japanese SS need an oil based cleanser.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Here some ingredient info for you. From the products you are using, it looks like you prefer to use products that are lower cost. When you are looking to get into products to target anti aging issues, you can also use these ingredient guidelines as flags. Hope this helps ~

You are choosing products that contain many clogging, irritating and silicone based ingredients. Many of the primers also contain starches, and powder application after will cause clogging issues and can become impacted in the pores. If you are going to use primers and powders, it is really helpful to use products nightly that can get the junk out of your pores.

Here are the ingredients in the products you listed, I highlighted the big problem ones for you:
Olay Replenishing Anti Wrinkle Cream
Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyacrylamide, Titanium Dioxide, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Propionate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ascorbic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, C13 C14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Dimethiconol, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyethylene, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Stearic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Nivea COQ10
Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Creatine, Ubiquinone, Glyceryl GLucoside, Myristyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben

Eucerin Daily Protection Lotion
Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 2.0% (Sunscreen), Octinoxate 7.5% (Sunscreen), Octisalate 4.5% (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide 2.38% (Sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 4.85% (Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

All of the CeraVe cleansers are similar
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

5% products discount

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
You can get milia anywhere. If they've been there for years, I'd see a dermatalogist or esthetician to have them extracted because as you've experienced, they aren't going away on their own.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 am      Reply with quote
lookwithin wrote:
You can get milia anywhere. If they've been there for years, I'd see a dermatalogist or esthetician to have them extracted because as you've experienced, they aren't going away on their own.

If you do a google search for milia and clogged pores, there is a visible difference.

Personally I would not have an esthetician remove milia. This is something that needs to be done correctly or scarring could happen.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
If you do a google search for milia and clogged pores, there is a visible difference.

Personally I would not have an esthetician remove milia. This is something that needs to be done correctly or scarring could happen.

Since none of us has seen the OP's face, who knows what she has? I've know of several dermatologist offices who have their in house nurse or esthetician perform milia extractions while the derm does the higher price tag stuff. It's not a complicated procedure, just make sure correct protocol is followed.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 am      Reply with quote
lookwithin wrote:
Autumn1995 wrote:

Since none of us has seen the OP's face, who knows what she has? I've know of several dermatologist offices who have their in house nurse or esthetician perform milia extractions while the derm does the higher price tag stuff. It's not a complicated procedure, just make sure correct protocol is followed.

I'm going to post pictures soon since I need help knowing what I'm dealing with. But I googled milia and clogged pores and honestly from the google images, they look like neither, I'm not sure. clogged pores seem to just look like pores that are bigger, they don't have small tiny bumps in the pictures I saw. Milia look so big in the pictures I saw, but I know milia can be super tiny bumps too cause I have a few around my eyes. I have super tiny bumps all over my darn face. They aren't as visible without makeup but with makeup they get highlighted even more that you can see ever little tiniest one. My skin texture looks rough because of this. I will try to find some pictures perhaps without makeup and with makeup to show my face and post here.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:20 am      Reply with quote
AmyNaturDerm wrote:
Here some ingredient info for you. From the products you are using, it looks like you prefer to use products that are lower cost. When you are looking to get into products to target anti aging issues, you can also use these ingredient guidelines as flags. Hope this helps ~

You are choosing products that contain many clogging, irritating and silicone based ingredients. Many of the primers also contain starches, and powder application after will cause clogging issues and can become impacted in the pores. If you are going to use primers and powders, it is really helpful to use products nightly that can get the junk out of your pores.

Here are the ingredients in the products you listed, I highlighted the big problem ones for you:
Olay Replenishing Anti Wrinkle Cream
Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyacrylamide, Titanium Dioxide, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Propionate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ascorbic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, C13 C14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Dimethiconol, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyethylene, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Stearic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Nivea COQ10
Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Creatine, Ubiquinone, Glyceryl GLucoside, Myristyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben

Eucerin Daily Protection Lotion
Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 2.0% (Sunscreen), Octinoxate 7.5% (Sunscreen), Octisalate 4.5% (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide 2.38% (Sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 4.85% (Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

All of the CeraVe cleansers are similar
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Hello,
Thank you for your response and your advice. What cleansers, sunscreen, and moisturizers would you suggest I try using that have a great ingredient list without any clogging ingredients?

Also, the Nivea COq10 ingredients you posted are incorrect, this is what is in the cream:

Aqua, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Methylpropanediol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Macadamia Ternifolia, Ubiquinone, Pimpinella Anisum Extract, Panthenol, Lanolin Alcohol, Tridecyl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum

Please let me know what you think of this ingredient list? I am using cheaper type of skin care now because I've tried more expensive stuff and even dermatologist prescriptions without change. I have gone through 30 products in 4 years I think.

Also, I never used primer in my life until the past 3 months, I use it for a special occasion when I want my makeup to stay on matte and last longer without touchups. I DO use powder to set my makeup everyday. I cannot live without facial powder. I put on concealer (I don't use foundation) and then set with a powder that matches my skin tone. The one I use right now is L'Oreal True Match super blendable powder. Ingredients are: Talc, Zea Mays / Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol[+/- May Contain: Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines, Ci 15850 / Red 7 Lake ].

The concealer I use on my whole face is either L'Oreal true match super blendable concealer with these ingredients: AQUA / WATER / EAU • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • GLYCERIN SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • OZOKERITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • METHYLPARABEN • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • BUTYLPARABEN ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • ALUMINA • MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE • CALCIUM PANTETHEINE SULFONATE • DEXTRAN SULFATE • SILICA
[+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES MICA ]

OR I use Maybelline's Dream Lumi highlighter pen as a concealer because it matches my fair skin tone perfectly. Those Maybelline ingredients are: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan I Sostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesiumsulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoylglutamate, Methyl - Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilarecutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

I never wore foundation, I didn't really believe it was necessary to wear foundation and then concealer etc. but I would like to start wearing foundation. I am just a bit nervous about it further clogging my pores etc. Do you have any recommendations for non pore clogging foundation also? I had been thinking about the Koh Gen Do
Maifanshi Moisture Foundation.

Are there face powders and primers out there that don't have clogging ingredients? I need to use face powder and sometimes I need to use primer. You mentioned that if I'm going to use primers and face powder, I need to use products that are going to get all the junk out of my skin at night. What products do you suggest I use in order to accomplish that??

Thank you so much for your help!!!!
icebreaker
5% products discount

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Intimidate for my Milia. JoElla sells it. It is made my Illusia Prestigious. http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Illusia-Crystalline-Intimidate-050-or-1-oz-Helps-Remove-Milia_p_1202.html It is the first thing that has worked. I use the Clear also as I have some deep pimples. You have to shake it good and use at night. She has it on sale, so the price is less.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skinยฎ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |