Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Why are we doing this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
So I got my 1.5 dermaroller sat in front of mirror rolling my face making it red, few bloodspots, still have a bit of flaking from the retin A I'm applying my boyfriend asked me Why are you doing this? Easy to look better I said obviously he's not appreciating it when I'm all red and flaking but this all settles down right?, but he said I spend time either flaking or red from various treatments,hiding myself from the sunlight for what? so I look better in 10 years lol....is it for me not really its probably because I'm older and am constantly barraged by images of the unobtainable beauty of celebrities who as I pointed out to him ain't all that in the flesh.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Well...yeah. I know what you mean. My love for all things beauty and makeup is still there, but not as much. I am doing only the basics and staying with a skin care line I love. Because of all the acidic skin care, and tools, some people are just ruining the PH of their skin.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think when I drew blood he was horrified...the good thing about forums like this is it's pretty anonymous the reason I've suddenly restated my regime is because he cheated on me....thus lowering my self esteem...and I want to make the best of myself that's my honest reason.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey flick, your post touched me. It must have hurt and still hurt. I've been dealing with relationship troubles, too. Sucks.

The reason I do all this is because it works. People think I'm a lot younger than I am. The things we take an interest in and take care of probably benefit from our interest and care.

Some things I've learned include:
> Everyone who gets to the state of "I'm pretty satisfied with what I'm doing" made a lot of mistakes to get there.

> So, you're going to buy some stuff and use some stuff that'll probably have you go, "I was an idiot for getting this." That's normal.

> The key is to not get attached to "the idea" of something. If you don't see results from the thing (whether a serum or device or behavior or whatever), don't kid yourself with an "Oh, it SHOULD work." Or, "Oh, X Member wrote it works, so I'll just keep doing it." If you like X Member's style, try the thing out. But if you don't see results after giving it a fair trial, then stop buying/using it.

> I've tried a bunch of products mentioned on EDS. And almost every single one didn't get a repurchase from me. But it took all those strikeouts, all those mistakes, all that trial and error for me to settle on the things I like.

> Some like to joke that EDS is an expensive * spam alert *. I think this forum has actually saved me money. It helped me figure out "stuff I want to try." And from that I figured out "stuff that I won't get again" and most importantly--"stuff that I will get again."

> My old "stuff I want to try" list was much smaller than "all the stuff that's out there." If I didn't have EDS as a filter for my experimentation... I think I would have lost much more in money and gained far less in results.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |