Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
is anyone here allergic to fragrance in skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:26 am      Reply with quote
As in after using products with fragrance your skin will itch and feel pain etc? erm in short your skin will get irritated by the fragrance in products..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I've had reactions. Usually with things that are very heavily scented (e.g. Most Lancôme products). I get watery eyes, sniffly and sometimes skin redness and patchy dry areas. I prefer products with no scent.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:32 am      Reply with quote
ok..
i use to be able to use products with fragrance however after an incident with a moisturiser i would not even want to offer to my enemies..
my skin has totally changed and now is more sensitive..
i feel i am unable to use even products with light scent now..
prefer no scent..
Paula was right on this..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Some brands are very fragranced; usually department store brands such as Estee Lauder, Lancome, Shiesdo, etc.

Clinique does not have fragrance but a long list of ingredients. Botanicals are a no no for me and I have had reactions from that also. I did have a rash from a Clinique sunscreen and I am assuming it was botanicals. It had zinc and titanium dioxide and I am OK with those ingredients.

I really see no need for fragrance in skin care. I have to agree with Paula on this one.

I do not buy skin care from department stores.

Edit to add: I also avoid essential oils. I had a reaction from Burt Bees Orange Essence cleanser. It might be fragrance but it could also be orange oil.

For me, "natural" is not better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
ok..
i use to be able to use products with fragrance however after
Quote:
an incident with a moisturizer i would not even want to offer to my enemies..

prefer no scent..

What product was a problem for you? Besides fragrance what other ingredients could be the problem?

Hopefully you are able to identify your trigger (or triggers) and avoid those products. I have to read all labels.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
Salome_B wrote:
ok..
i use to be able to use products with fragrance however after
Quote:
an incident with a moisturizer i would not even want to offer to my enemies..

prefer no scent..

What product was a problem for you? Besides fragrance what other ingredients could be the problem?

Hopefully you are able to identify your trigger (or triggers) and avoid those products. I have to read all labels.

a liz earle moisturiser for sensitive skin..
real terrible..
unfortunately i do not know what ingredient it was..
essential oil is a nono too...
emollients, humectants and occlusive with some antioxidants is good enough..

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Symptoms of fragrance sensitivity can include:

-Headaches
-Difficulty breathing
-Wheezing
-A tight feeling in the chest
-Worsening asthma symptoms
-Runny and stuffy nose
-Sneezing
-A skin allergy like contact dermatitis — an itchy, red rash that appears on the skin

If you are suffering from these, then you might having a fragrance sensitivity and the best defense against fragrance allergy attacks is to stay away from the source. Always keep an antihistamine, anti-nausea product, pain reliever and any other symptom relief aids handy at all times, especially while traveling.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |