Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you ever reversed lines or wrinkles without surgery?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:14 am      Reply with quote
If so how? I'm not sure if these or lines or my face is dehydrated. But lines are appearing everywhere and if I open my mouth wide or bend/stretch my cheeks a line is left and doesn't spring or bounce back quick and I lines around my eyes. As I mentioned in my other post my dermatologist recommended botox and fillers but I don't want to go down that route at 24. Is it anything I go do to nip these lines in the bud before things get worse and how? All the advice online about what to use is in fact confusing? I'm currently using vitamin c serum, coconut oil, Vaseline, hyaluronic acid and doing peels once every two weeks and homemade hydrating face mask any other advice? Oh and plus face and eye sunscreen.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have. If I see something happening, I attack it with a topical. When i was younger I had soft lines around my eyes and used glycolic cream and they went away.

Over the years, I have also used obaji and retin a… copper peptides as well. Every few years I use something new. The bottom line is I always find something and use it when i see any sign of aging.I have also done some laser treatments in combination with the topicals.

The trick is to do something, and fast..don't wait. Also --a great sunscreen will make your skin repair itself and look younger. That is my opinion and my experience.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hotdocgirl! You give me hope. What is gyloic acid cream? I'm starting to see faint lines on my face, no one else can but I can and don't know what to do.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
You'll probably just have to experiment and see what your skin responds to. I used to have fairly deep crow's feet that I corrected with DIY ascorbic acid. They are only visible when I smile now.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Is acids good for the skin? Such as gylcoic and lactic acids? Especially since its exfoliating your skin everyday? My skin is supersensitive as is. I don't want to further irritate it.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
My suggestion is yes just like cocktail treatment-glycolic, retina for exfoliating and firmness, ascorbic C to correct and prevent and hyaluronic acid to keep skin hydrated and supple. It won't work wonders, but will show some effects over time.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Chlorophyll how long did it take for you to see results?
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Judy Chen thanks for clarifying. Ascorbic C is vitamin c correct? I have vitamin C serum and feel as if its not adsorbed correctly . Is the serum always better than cream?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Lovelyheaven, yes vit c. Serum is the very concentrated dose. It' s not like that serum can go without cream or cream can go without serum.
For better result, I would consider serum and cream both can't go without. Serum always applys first and then moisturizer or cream. Some decent vit C should absorb in no problem such as iS Clinical Super Serum. Or as many reviewed, Obagi vit c should work good too.
MargaretScott
5% products discount

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, its very possible to reverse lines or wrinkles with surgery. The key to getting rid of those lines and wrinkles is collagen. Collagen can give your skin its firm youthful appearance and has a rejuvenating effect on your skin. Consider taking Resveratrol Repair Complex with Squalane & Peptides from FitGrabber as it promotes collagen synthesis and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
lovelyheaven wrote:
Chlorophyll how long did it take for you to see results?

I don't remember *exactly* but I want to say somewhere between 3 to 4 1/2 months before the improvement period peaked out. (Really noticeable differences took only a week.) I was using a DIY waterless creation, so the ascorbic acid was VERY fresh and not oxidized every time I used it. I put it on at night because I didn't understand the photoprotective concept behind it. :P Idk, do you think that helped at all? Maybe the vitamin C did such a quick job because it wasn't preoccupied fighting the sun? (Lol.)
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have the DIY recipe? Do they ever come back. I have vitamin c but I don't feel it absorb well. Its very light.
DemiWatson
5% products discount

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
You can use retinal products as a start. And of course, don't forget to use sun screen and moisturizers. You can actually find eye cream products that has all the ingredients and properties than can reverse wrinkles.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Demi Watson. I was using retin a and lines were appearing and I heard those horror stories and stopped. Can be specific on what eye ingredients to look for? Right now I'm only using hyaluronic hydrating eye cream. I'm trying to learn about skincare.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Margaret, just curious. Would it be OK to use peptides at 24?
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy Jen. I will start using both for better results.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
LovelyHeaven, you can alway come and ask for suggestions here at EDS. I noticed there are many beauty guru here and they do offer very good opinions on skincare.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
lovelyheaven wrote:
Do you have the DIY recipe?

Sorry, but no. I threw the recipe out when I stopped using it. I remember that was 20% ascorbic acid, Q10, E, ferulic acid, ethoxydiglycol,and (prepare to flinch if you break out with silicones...) the rest was lotioncrafter's old EL3040 that they don't sell anymore.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I notice some girls like to do DIY skincare. Does that help? Anyone who has used DIY skincare
does see it work?
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Will vitamin c and a aha be enough for lines around mouth and corners of mouth? I don't want them to get any worse. Its like when I smile or talk they show and when I awake in the morning they're not that visible. Anyone had anything
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Successful for helping with that area?
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Around the mouth? Nope. I guess whatever works best for expression lines would help.

DIY question--if you're having good results with commercial products, it might not be worth the hassle. My skin responds VERY well to DIY and dermarolling, so I have to keep doing them forever now-lol!

They can only show as much improvement as a strong topical can perform, too. At times that isn't much. I have no idea why my skin responds so well to vitamin C, but I'm very happy that it does! I bet everyone has a "miracle" ingredient.
DemiWatson
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
lovelyheaven, one active ingredients that works great in reversing wrinkles are peptides. they are a chain of amino acids that replace lost collagen through sending chemical signals to the body that increases the protein production.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:17 am      Reply with quote
DemiWatson are peptides safe for your 20's? And is it cream or serum and do you have recommendations?
howInteresting
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds to me like you don't have wrinkles from aging, but from dehydrated skin and a damaged skin barrier.

From other threads you said you are a young African American, using Retin-A to treat acne which cracked your skin. It's not discussed much but people of color often have outsized adverse reactions to certain ingredients and ablative procedures, like acids, exfoliants, microdermabrasion, and lasers. Not everyone or all the time, but you should always approach these things with caution, and start with much weaker formulations than generally recommended.

It's tricky treating dehydration if you have acne and oily skin, but the watchword is gentle, gentle, gentle. For a month or two, no stripping cleansers, exfoliation*, or acids. Some natural ingredients work very well for sensitized skin like oatmeal or oatmeal milk as a cleanser; pure aloe gel from the plant applied like a mask. Moisturizers with niacinamide, cholesterol, lipids, and ceramides to repair the skin barrier. For the acne, maybe something like a silver gel which I've seen raved about here or a blue LED? Just something less stripping.

Some very informative threads on barrier repair:

=========
* Exfoliation is not recommended for barrier repair, but sometimes you need to take off some dead skin so your skin can breathe. For that, maybe something like Cure peeling gel which I find pretty gentle, but even here, just once a week, a couple of pumps only of product.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |