Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Skin sagging, facial fat loss at 24 :(??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MouseHouse
5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
So to start off, I'm 24 without a prominent bone structure, my face is(was) mostly fat. I also had very prominent apple cheeks that I really liked.

This past 1 1/2 has been really rough. I travelled for 3 months (lots of sun exposure and temperature change). When I returned I had to deal with the sickness of a very important family member. I was constantly stressed. Inevitably, they died in front of me at an unexpected time. I dealt with the trauma of that and began drinking a lot more often and eating terribly (although I only lost weight a little once). I also developed tension in my shoulders.

I've started doing better, but I don't know if the damage is done. I feel like over the course of a month I suddenly noticed eye bags. I realized a small scar on my cheek was now slanted downwards more instead of horizontal, and that it looks like my apple cheeks had "sunken" down my face some, creating the eye bag appearance. Or that my apple cheeks weren't ball shaped anymore. There are also more shadows on each side of my mouth because of the cheek sagging.

Is there anything I can do about this, because I am only 24?? I feel like I look 27-30...and I feel like I know people that age that don't even have this problem. It's been causing me a lot of stress, I can't even look in the mirror. I don't want to go out and have fun anymore. Even with cheek fat loss...I didn't think my skin would sag like this already...was it from all the emotional stress?

Could it be I lost a lot of collagen while depressed and unhealthy? And can I grow it back?
I've completely lost my self esteem, and I'm so afraid to know what I'll look like in the next couple of years.
I started a better skincare routine, but haven't started a diet change yet. Planning on it.

Have any of you guys experienced this or know how to fix it?
MargaretScott
5% products discount

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Several factors are likely responsible for sagging skin. These include aging, sun exposure, cigarette smoke, nutrition and major weight loss. While it's quite hard to reverse the aging process, there are things that you can do to prevent skin sagging more quickly. Drink enough water,eat a healthy diet, keep out of the sun and wear sunscreens. If you're skin start to sag, a moisturizer that contains vitamin A, vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acid can be a good option.
DemiWatson
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
What you had been doing most probably resulted to sagging skin. Sun exposure, drinking, smoking, stressed. All of them can cause sagging skin. To reverse this skin condition, you can use skin care products that contain AHA (alpha hydroxy acid such as glycolic and lactic acids) or BHA (beta hydroxy acid, also known as salicylic acid). They provide several benefits including fighting signs of aging and breakouts!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Okay so anyone who goes through 1 and ˝ of rough times is not going to look their best, so try not to be so hard on yourself. Now I for one am a firm believer that no matter what has happened you can always make things better and I’ve lived my life that way for the past 60 something years and have two beautiful sons who are also thriving. It is not always been plain sailing but you know what we got through it and no matter what has happened you will get through this too.

Now with your face, your food is key here. Eating not so good and hitting drink is not going to make anyone look good. Plus being stressed on top and getting more stressed is going to just create more stuff going on, so try finding some things to unwind and distress firstly. This is going to help you feel and look better. Even if its just taking a 5 minute break or having a bubble bath (I love having them with those bath bombs you get from LUSH there is a rose one that just makes me feel so good). Now with the eyes, that can be due to the stress I reckon and also lack of sleep too. If you have been stressed out all that time then I bet the quality of your sleep has been hit.

We are always out own worst critics and so I bet that in real life you look no where near as you are believing you look – but you have been through a rough time so need to take things easy and start doing the right things again.
Have any of you guys experienced this or know how to fix it?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |