Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Honest Company Shampoo and Body Wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like this product.

I don't like the company name. I don't like what I see of the actress Jessica Alba, who is a co-owner, or something, of this company.

But, I like the product.

(1) It's cheap. I got mine at Costco. I checked the Costco site, and you get 2 big bottles for $14.99. http://www.costco.com/The-Honest-Company-Shampoo-and-Body-Wash-2-17-oz-.product.100099102.html I remember paying less--Costco sometimes has sales on this.
(2) It's gentle enough for me. No lauryl or laureth sulfates. What are the mass market sulfate-free options? Probably not too many. I'm fine with the scent, too. It's a citrus-y vanilla.
(3) It cleans well enough for me. I feel clean after using this. A gentle mass market cleanser that didn't make me feel clean? Cetaphil. Cetaphil is relatively cheap, too, so I tried it on my face and body. Neither area felt clean; in fact, it felt like the Cetaphil was leaving a film on my skin. If you don't like Cetaphil, maybe we're similar and you'll like this.

More info: This product is for hair and body. As I was already using it to clean almost every part of me, I decided what the heck: I'll try it on my face, too. Well, it felt gentle and cleansing enough for my face, as well.

I only wash my face with water in the morning. And I shower at night before bed. So, I just squeeze this product into my hands and clean everything. It makes for pretty simple cleansing.

I don't like recommending things because I imagine someone not liking my recommendation and blaming me. However, on this I feel if you don't like it, you could just use it as hand soap or something.

Ingredients copy-pasted from the Costco site:
WATER (AQUA), DECYL GLUCOSIDE, LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, COCAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERIN, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT*, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT*, ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE) LEAF EXTRACT, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEEL OIL, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL*, CITRUS TANGERINA (TANGERINE) PEEL OIL, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED QUINOA, CAPRYLHYDROXAMIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIETHYL CITRATE, CITRIC ACID
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
We have the same thought on this company. I think that Jessica Alba is just a figurehead really, I read an article about the real founder.

I do like their juices and I have not used any of their baby products yet, but glad to hear that you have positive experience with the body wash. I'll be checking this out at Costco next time I'm there once I run out of my current wash.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
The body wash from the Honest Company caught my eyes everytime I tour around Costco. I actually am pretty interested in trying it out, but just don't know how it works. I guess I will try it when I finish my wash. The packaging looks inviting to me.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
My kids are using this shampoo body wash. Seems to do the trick. It smells like baby aspirin. Which is a bit odd...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin. If it works on kids, I will go and try it shortly.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi RMB, I tend to agree regarding THE NAME... what's so HONEST about this company or rather, what's so DISHONEST about every other product?

RMB wrote:
I like this product.

I don't like the company name. I don't like what I see of the actress Jessica Alba, who is a co-owner, or something, of this company.

But, I like the product.

(1) It's cheap. I got mine at Costco. I checked the Costco site, and you get 2 big bottles for $14.99. http://www.costco.com/The-Honest-Company-Shampoo-and-Body-Wash-2-17-oz-.product.100099102.html I remember paying less--Costco sometimes has sales on this.
(2) It's gentle enough for me. No lauryl or laureth sulfates. What are the mass market sulfate-free options? Probably not too many. I'm fine with the scent, too. It's a citrus-y vanilla.
(3) It cleans well enough for me. I feel clean after using this. A gentle mass market cleanser that didn't make me feel clean? Cetaphil. Cetaphil is relatively cheap, too, so I tried it on my face and body. Neither area felt clean; in fact, it felt like the Cetaphil was leaving a film on my skin. If you don't like Cetaphil, maybe we're similar and you'll like this.

More info: This product is for hair and body. As I was already using it to clean almost every part of me, I decided what the heck: I'll try it on my face, too. Well, it felt gentle and cleansing enough for my face, as well.

I only wash my face with water in the morning. And I shower at night before bed. So, I just squeeze this product into my hands and clean everything. It makes for pretty simple cleansing.

I don't like recommending things because I imagine someone not liking my recommendation and blaming me. However, on this I feel if you don't like it, you could just use it as hand soap or something.

Ingredients copy-pasted from the Costco site:
WATER (AQUA), DECYL GLUCOSIDE, LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, COCAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERIN, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT*, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT*, ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE) LEAF EXTRACT, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEEL OIL, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL*, CITRUS TANGERINA (TANGERINE) PEEL OIL, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED QUINOA, CAPRYLHYDROXAMIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIETHYL CITRATE, CITRIC ACID
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |