Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Roundness of the face and cheeks - Reversing sunken cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MGR234

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading quite a lot about this lately.

I feel like I am losing the fullness of my cheeks.

I would like to know if it is possible to reverse this and stop if from happening.

I would appreciate if you could clarify a few things for me.

Is it normal to have an angular looking cheeks. I'm confused if I already had them or if I am paying attention to them and seeing something that was always there. Do even teenagers have sunken cheeks/less roundness in their faces.

I'm a little upset because I think it might be related to my eating habits/diet and stress levels.

Even though there are tons of information online about how diet affects are looks, I would like to know if correcting our diet would reverse any adverse effects that was due to it.

It would be quite upsetting to find out that a mistake on our part, whether due to stress or bad diet would cause an permanent damage on us. I would like to know if things go back to normal once we do the proper things.

Another thing of interest is subcutaneous fat. There are a lot of websites out there, probably by cosmetic surgeons themselves who say the only solution is implants, fillers etc. Why take such routes if its possible to reverse it naturally?

If we have lost a lot of weight, would gaining weight return things back to normal? Or once we lose the subcutaneous fat from our faces, does it not come back even if we eat the proper diet? That would be quite annoying and unfair if this was a one way road.

I tend to regards fillers as a solution for later ages since I am still young. Also doesn't the body just absorb this after a couple months.

I'd like to hear from people who have regained the roundness of their cheeks by natural means. Has it ever been done?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think you'd need to have a sustained poor diet for a long period (many months or years) for it to have a major impact. Losing a lot of weight can make your face look more thin. Gaining it back doesn't guarantee that it will go to the same place.

Eat healthy, be sure to get some good fats (olive, nuts, etc) and plenty of fruits and veggies. It will help your skin. Some people get increased cheek volume from facial exercises. Search EDS for threads on this.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think one can restore cheek volume naturally.

Some people recommend taking Glucosamine sulcate 1500 mg/day to ensure optimum HA production since we start to lose HA dramatically in our early 30s.

Consuming healthy fats can help you look healthy. But again how significant the effect will be is hard to say.

Otherwise, HA injections & Sculptra can help you restore lost volume to the face.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was very dismayed to see that I was losing cheek volume when I was using my LED device over my cheeks. It also 'melted' my Restalayne in my NL folds. I still use it under my chin (where I have more fat)but I think I overdid it on my cheeks. I did a dermapen treatment on them about a month ago and that seems to have helped, but I ended up having to pay about $400 for fillers to restore my NL folds.
felixia
5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
cherallynne forcella wrote:
I was very dismayed to see that I was losing cheek volume when I was using my LED device over my cheeks. It also 'melted' my Restalayne in my NL folds. I still use it under my chin (where I have more fat)but I think I overdid it on my cheeks. I did a dermapen treatment on them about a month ago and that seems to have helped, but I ended up having to pay about $400 for fillers to restore my NL folds.

Just to clarify....do you mean you believe your LED device caused a reduction in cheek volume?

Can I please ask which brand you were using, whether it was a multiple device (combination therapy or just LED) and wheat were the exact wavelengths involved (red, amber, infrared, whatever...)? How often were you treating when you say you "overdid it"?

Thanks and sorry to read this happened to you.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
The device I use is ULTR WAVE. I ordered it from eBay several months ago. It is RF and IPL and has a paddle shaped handle with a small head. It emits red lights and I remember it was 3 mgz. The lights are adjustable and I can set the device to 'flash' which has more intensity. I used it every other night.

I can't fault the device - it worked very well. It was just my poor judgement of applying it to my cheeks and NL folds. As I mentioned, it disolved my filler. One thing that I did notice is that the sunken areas appeared after a few months of using it which led me to believe that I had just used it too much.

I'm going to continue to use it under my chin and around my jaw line.

I hope this helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |