Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help 35 bad skin, orange peel look.. no Confidence
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
teem14

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 35 years old I have large pores and my whole face looks like an orange peel. This has pretty much happened over the last 3 or 4 years is there anything I can do that will help fix it or lessen the sit of it. I have no confidence and I'm almost embarrassed to go out in public, my skin is very sensitive goes red easy. I also have a lot of red spots on my face. if this forum allows me to post pictures I will.
ngeisler
5% products discount

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
teem14, my heart goes out to you.

Have you been to a dermatologist? If so, what did he/she say? If you're unable to go to a derm,
I'd do a couple of things. First, what's your diet like? If this were my problem, I'd cut out all sugar and sugary drinks. I'd also cut out wheat, not because you have any gluten issues, but because wheat is inflammatory and you're definitely experiencing inflammation. Same goes for fried foods. A clean diet goes such a long way. As far as skin care goes, what do you use? Paula Begoun is always my skin go-to person when it comes to advice, so check out her website - I can't post the link, but she does have a lot to say about what you've described. I hope you get some relief from this. Life is too short to feel as though you can't go out and you're a young woman. Take care.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'd also recommend Paula's Choice 8% AHA as a daily exfoliant. It's a gel that you put on. I use it in the morning before moisturizing but you could use it at night too. And Makeup Artists Choice Radiance Peel. I use this once a week. Both companies do offer sample sizes to try.
Britheva26

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it has something to do with your lifestyle and diet also. Best thing is to consult a dermatologist so you'll know the exact reason of your skin problems.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I had issues when my pores were larger when I used exfoliants so I stopped. I think large pores mean the acid mantle or something in the skin barrier has been destroyed and needs to be repaired. I don't know if it will work for you but yogurt masks over a long period of time seemed to fix the issue. Might as well keep it in your skin routine for a while and see how it fares for you. Smile

I also have very sensitive skin that goes pink/red easily and I have some pink spots on my face. You could give a zinc based white sunscreen a try to wear during the day and then dab on some colored powder that matches your skin tone..this turns out being like a tinted moisturizer in a way but with a bit better coverage, this way you can feel less embarassed and protect your skin from harmful sun rays which may have also led to your pores enlarging and the zinc can help calm your redness and is just supposed to be good for the skin.
VikaNika1976

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I am 39 y.o. and had the same problem. Spend tons of money on different things, but only after strict diet i saw a real result. Can mention this amazing thing - Lactis lactic acid bacteria (better but it on ebay, much cheaper Wink ) - unique dietary supplement from Japan - so great results, feeling much younger now (after 3 months course) fresh skin color + lost some weight in addition Rolling Eyes.
Kinda pricey, but really worth it. Wink
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Could also be due to genetics for large pores.

I have large pores on my forhead and nose and have always had that.

My dad had larger pores and somewhat oilier skin and my mother has large pores (she is 65) and some blemishes skin still.

My mother is vegetarian and eats organic and no added sugars.

My diet is ok (I've had tons of blood tests due to low iron often) and my nutrition is good except for not enough protein - that means I need to eat more...haha.

My skin is mostly nice as I have used a lot of the Exuviance peels (not for a few months),but they did help a lot.
-the derm I saw knows I was using them and said it was fine for me.

For blemished skin if it is sensitive too try something antibacterial that is not harsh.
I tried Bactine antiseptic spray and it is for first aid,but it has some plant oils in it too and helps with iritation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |