Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Co2 laser and acne scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anad
5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new posting here and was hoping someone might have some experience with Co2 laser resurfacing for acne scars. My scars are moderate, pitted, indented and slightly rolling...large pores. I had a couple of test areas done yesterday and will now wait a month to see how my skin responds before I do the rest of my face.

I don't expect miracles, but have heard this is the gold standard for acne scars...anyone out there who has had the procedure done?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I had scars from shingles that were made invisible after a CO2 resurfacing. However, as I age, I can see that there is also a volume loss in the area of the scar, probably only visible to me. I have never regretted having the procedure.

Good luck, I hope you get a good result. The thing with lasers is it is largely dependant on the experience and competence of the operator.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I did not have major acne scars, just a few chicken pox and shallower indents. It might have flattened a tiny bit but nothing major. No visible results. My skin stayed red to pink for over 2-3 months so for me it was not worth the cost.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, MisMis and Annie...

I am 55 and have struggled with acne for at least 15 years...

My scars seem to be getting worse with age...

I was reading the Retin A thread...wow! I have been on Retin A, off and on for years...I've had microdermbrasion, BHA, Lactic and TCA peels and now on Epiduo after a bad stint with accutane...

I am now wondering if my poor skin has been abused so badly that the scarring is only getting worse because of it...

I won't lie, I am scared of the Co2 laser...I am happy that my doctor recommended 2 test patches and she/I will evaluate going forward at that time.

Right now, my test spots actually look pretty good..pretty calm one of the areas looks better to me, but its only been 4 days...

In the meantime, nothing on my face except washing with honey and moisturizing with Cerave PM.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Good luck and let us know how the results turn out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Have you looked into dermarolling? People seem to have great results with it.
anad
5% products discount

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would give an update almost 2 weeks after my test areas were lasered (Deep FX).

I had 2 test areas done...one on my cheek with a bit of a raised scar, surrounded by indented scarring...the other area some scarred pores on my chin.

I had some bleeding for a short while after the procedure...I was instructed not to rub, pick and let the areas crust, scab. The next day the areas were just mostly red, and I loaded up on Vitamin C and water. After 3-4 days, you would not have known I had a procedure done...I looked completely healed, with no change in texture or appearance...and, in a way, I was disappointed as I expected some peeling...something to let me know something was taking place.

About a week ago, I noticed the area flattening out, and the surrounding area filling in on my cheek with whitish skin.

Today, the test area on my cheek is very smooth, with no discoloration.

The pores are my chin are beginning to fill up with that whitish skin.

I also packed away my Epiduo, Retin A, Lactic acid, copper peptides,Cetaphil cleanser, jojoba oil, etc. After reading the RA thread here, I think these products caused me more skin damage...and perhaps my skin barrier was...gone?

I began washing with raw honey in the morning, then following with Cerave lotion...at night, I am using the citrus wash from Trader Joe's (love the ingredients), following with organic witch hazel without alcohol, then finishing with Cerave.

For the first time in almost 20 years, my skin is completely clear...the irritation is gone and my skin looks plumped and healthy...my friends and boyfriend have said my skin has never looked better...and this only took about 10 days.

I have entertained the idea of dermarolling, but after everything I have tried, I've decided to put this in the hands of a reputable professional. Lasar technology has come along way in the last couple of years, the price is also now within reach, too.

So, I have a followup in 2 weeks and I feel very good about proceeding.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:00 am      Reply with quote
So glad that it all worked out for you and your results made it worth it! Thanks for the update.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy that you are getting positive results!

You can think of derma rolling as something that will thicken your skin, and keep it actively improving post laser.

Yup, good to live in this day and age when so many different modalities are available to correct imperfections.

mismis (who has had laser and continues to use her derma pen and is grateful for the availability of both)
anad
5% products discount

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, MisMis....I am a bit nervous going forward with my full face, but I am very encouraged by my doctors credentials (she did her laser certification/residency at Harvard), her patient's results and my own on the test areas...

I did not know a Dermapen could be owned by a patient...I don't know why home needling worries me...I fear infection, more damage, etc...would love to hear some success stories on moderate acne scarring.

I am also going to incorporate a good Vitamin C serum into my routine...keep up with the good stuff that's in Cerave, but I am done with Retin A, over exfoliating, etc.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Can you ask your doctor or her nurse about aftercare? Others have mentioned needling and rolling but I am a fan of the Tria ADL. I use mine after having Fraxel years ago to correct some sun damage and acne scars.
anad
5% products discount

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Nico...I have not heard of Tria before...would love to hear more about it...the kind of results you are getting, etc.

I have my followup on Tuesday morning...she told me we would have lots to discuss...I imagine aftercare will be part of that discussion.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hope your follow up visit went well.

Tria ADL is a home fraxelated laser..not as strong of coursethere are no gel or creams, you just swipe it along your face. At first it hurts and gives a slight sunburn look, but after using it awhile I can do 2-3 complete cycles at a time and not notice feel a thing except around my upper lip (that always hurts) Only purchase from a reputable dealer as there are devices with bad chargers floating around.
anad
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Niko...might be worth looking into!

Change of events here...I went in for my followup and the doctor was not happy with the lack of results from my test spots...she wanted to up the intensity and do another test spot...then wait another 30 days, and charge me another $150...I told her I needed to think about it.

I sought the consultation of another doc, one who has a lot of experience...he took a completely different approach...and told me that Deep FX would not be able to eliminate my scars as they were old and deep. He took a lot of time with me, showed me lots of before and afters of his patients...and told me I needed punch excision first, in 2 sessions, then follow up with ablative laser or a strong peel. He made good sense to me, so I am going in this afternoon for the first half of my procedure.

Will update you all with results...
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
please don't do the punch out type surgery-it is going to punch out a much larger hole than you are expecting-I had 2 spots that I thought were a problem and then they became larger problems. worse problems than my biopsy scar on my nose (with fraxel that spot isn't even visible) I only did this route because my derm at the time said it was her specialty-that she loved to do it because of the results. when they did not heal properly she was baffled-and yes it is up to the skill of the doctor.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Yes, my derm recommends filling rather than the punch. Especially due to the potential for more scarring. I had one that she added a tiny bit of filler and it worked perfectly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:26 am      Reply with quote
yes filling does have an immediate effect-done for the 2 spots the derm "made" after I had fraxel. some fillers can help stimulate collagen
anad
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the replies...I went ahead and had 12 very deep, ice pick scars removed 2 days ago.

After my meeting with Doctor number 2, I did quite a bit of research and realized he was correct...I have very old and deep ice pick scars that I believe the only real way to remove them is to literally remove them...he spent a lot of time with me, showing me before and after pics of his patients...I felt he was quite skilled at what he does.

I got up this morning with very little swelling and I am pretty pleased...my boyfriend told me my deep scars are gone and it looks good...I have lots of hairline stitch lines, but it beats what was there before...and the fine scars will fade with time.

I will have another 6-8 removed in 2 weeks...and then we wait a couple of months to see the results before we decide on some laser, chemical peel, etc.

I know its early, but I am feeling good about it at this point...
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I hope that your healing goes well.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:34 am      Reply with quote
All that matters is that it works for you and the healing is going well!

5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Healing is going well...I can definitely see a difference...my boyfriend does too...I am looking forward to getting the stitches out tomorrow!
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
How did it go?
anad
5% products discount

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Niko, thanks for checking in with me!

I had round 2 on Friday, for a total of 18 pitted scats removed...whew! A bit of an ordeal...dealing with tons of stitches in my face, no makeup when stitches are in...a bit of swelling, but the pain is minimal.

My boyfriend notices a big difference...he thinks it was a success and well worth it...I had some pretty deep and old scarring and its gone...I am left with some new, smaller scars, but it appears they are filling in quite well...I would say there is at least a 50% improvement in the texture and appearance of my skin...my doc said the maximum results will be seen within 3-6 months.

I continue to baby my skin...very gentle cleansing, moisturizing, lots of Vitamic C serum and sunscreen...mega doses of vitamin C and E.

After I heal for a few months, I will look into possibly some laser or a chemical peel.

Would I do it again? Yes, without a doubt!

After going through this procedure, I would agree with my doc that laser cannot help much with very deep, pitted scars...they must be removed first. I also think its very important to have this procedure done by a surgeon (my doc is).

Does anyone have any other suggestions for promoting collegen during the healing phase (other than retinoids)?
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy to hear good news! Baby it and use C and sunscreen. Keep us updated Very Happy
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:00 am      Reply with quote
So glad for you, A. Sounds like you have a good doctor.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |