Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)
Body Bumps/Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Honeydew
5% products discount

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've had these bumps on my skin for a long time, and I've been meaning to go to a dermatologist, but just haven't found the time. The bumps are on the back of my arms, a few scattered on my thighs and a few random ones on my chest.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a form of acne? I don't really have any problems with my face, except for sensitivity, so the red bumps are only on my body...

I've heard good things about Peter Thomas Roth's Botanical Buffing Beads so I'm thinking about trying that.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
It could be this:

Keratosis Pilaris
Keratosis pilaris is a skin condition commonly seen on the upper arms, buttocks and thighs. The skin cells that normally flake off as a fine dust from the skin form plugs in the hair follicles. These appear as small pimples that have a dry ''sandpaper'' feeling. They are usually white but sometimes rather red. They usually don't itch or hurt.

Keratosis pilaris is unsightly but completely harmless. It is usually worse during the winter months.

Treatment of keratosis pilaris is not necessary. With persistence, most people can get very satisfactory improvement. Initial treatment should be intensive moisturizing. Try a cream such as Acid mantle, Vaseline or Complex 15 after bathing, and re-apply the cream again several times daily.

If this does not help, change to a medicated cream containing urea (Curel, Carmol-20) or alpha-hydroxy acids (Aqua Glycolic, Lacticare) applied twice daily - it may be too irritating to use more often. More aggressive home treatment can be done if ones skin can tolerate it. The plugged pores can be removed by taking long, hot soaking tub baths and then rubbing the areas with a coarse washcloth, stiff brush, or 'Buf-Puf'.

Prescription medicines that may help include antibiotics (Erythromycin, Bactrim) if the spots are very red and Tazorac Cream. Tazorac, a relative of vitamin A, may cause irritation in some people.

Hope this helps, joani
almost30

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new! I have had these bumps for years, but they would come & go. Now they are just hanging around. I have tried intense scrubbing with a bristle brush to cleanse pores and I do moisturize daily. It might be my chemistry? I want to go to the dermatologist, however, don't need to spend a fortune.
Mabsy

Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:16 am      Reply with quote
If it's just blocked hair follicles (I get these on the back of my thighs) then dry body brushing and some body wash with AHA will take care of them (moisturise afterwards of course Smile).
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I had a mild case of this on the backs of my arms my entire life up until last year. The lactic acid lotion my dermatologists prescribed over the years didn't do much, but as soon as I started applying Retin-A Micro all over my upper-body - in addition to the backs of my hands/chest/neck/face I'd done since 2002, the Keratosis Pilaris went away in less than a week. A lifelong problem, poof, suddenly gone - after just 5 days.

I HUGGED my doctor the next time I saw him, even though it was really through sheer serendipity on my part. I was just seeking overall skin improvement by extending the application of my Retin-A Micro, and look what happened! Even still, I sometimes feel the backs of my arms in wonderment (especially while washing them in the shower! lol) because I used to be so jealous of my sister's silky "triceps" - now I have them. Smile

I did a Google search and came up with the photo below. Do your arms look anything like this? Either way, it is a skin condition that is bothering you, so please see a dermatologist to nip this in the bud. It's so worth it.

SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Please avoid scrubbing these bumps, as it can potentially lead to scarring. Alpha Hydroxy acids (such as glycolic acid or lactic) do work for many, but it is best to skip the frustrating trial-and-error and just seek your physician's advice. I promise you will ultimately be glad you did.
almost30

Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
No my skin isn't that covered, as shown in the picture. They are pimples, red & sore & sometimes a tiny whie head. I am going to go to the dermatoligist immediately! This morning I noticed some on my neck and I feel it is getting out of control! I also am going to change my body soaps & sprays and see what happens with that too. Thanks you guys for the help...
Honeydew
5% products discount

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies! I think keratosis pilaris might be what I have! The only difference is that mine get better in the winter (still there, but not as bumpy/red), and are more noticeable in the Summer!

I think I will go and check with a Dermatologist to ask about the best way to get rid of them before I do anything. I've heard from other people that scrubing them would be best, but now after reading SugarFreeSheila's post, I'm afraid to... so I better check that out!

I'll let you know what I find!

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 04, 2024 10:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |