Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Broken veins/capillaries on cheeks and nose!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rubygrace

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all- a quick question regarding redness and broken capillaries on the face (around the nose, cheeks and chin)...I am absolutely plagued by mine, they are the reason I wear a full face of foundation every day, and were caused by my love of manual exfoliation and over-zealous scrubbing over the years( I know, I know...) Sad

Has anyone had ANY success with treatments other than lasers? I've heard so many horror stories about people being left with burns and pitted scarring after IPL and Yag treatments (from highly qualified and prestigious derms I might add) that I'm terrified of going anywhere near them

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss as to what to do...
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
My friend is using the Derminator on hers ans is really pleased with the results. She used the 1.5 setting. Hers were on her face not on her nose. I would think that might be too deep on the nose. She also used it on a spider vein in her leg and it's also gone. She uses the red LED light after the needeling.
I'm using it also and it is a pretty remarkable device. Their are a few threads on here about it.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Really interesting! Thanks so much for getting back to me rmc...I'm going to have a bit of a dig around on Google and find out some more about the Derminator..
What do you use it for, if I might ask?
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm 65, I use it to keep and add more collagen and elastin in my skin, to keep it tight. Keep wrinkles away, get rid of fine lines. I have sun damage that is totally reversing now. For the first time in my life the larger pores on my nose from sun damage are visibly smaller ( I take pictures) . I can't say enough good about the Derminator . I urge you to read the threads on EDS just type in into the search engine. It's amazing. But yes read all you can on the web about dermarolling and collagen induction , education is key.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I use the derminator also and have spider veins. I don't know if it gets rid of the veins by destroying them or if the collagen covers them up more.

rmc7:

Could you let us know what products you are using immediately after a roll? or if you use a light?

I've read a lot but it really gets confusing because the experts change their minds and the members I used to listen to don't post much anymore but there is nothing like success!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Could you let us know what products you are using immediately after a roll? or if you use a light?

I've read a lot but it really gets confusing because the experts change their minds and the members I used to listen to don't post much anymore but there is nothing like success!

I'm not an expert, but what works for me: I have taken to dermaneedling with distilled water for slippage . Immediately after I shower letting the water and a cloth take all the blood away after I blot my face I use AnteAGE microneedeling solution, then my Led, followed with a mix I make of LLA vitamin c in distilled water and RetinA. More AA solution then the AA serum and accelerater. The next day I roll on more of the microneedeling solution followed by led then the products, then the colostrum cream made by Fawnie. Aa solution before bed LEDs AA products Colostrum. I resume estriol on the 3rd night and retin a , Vit C , AA products, colostrum .etc.
Personally and because of the rapidity of results my friend has gotten, I think the derminators ability to work more accurately and somewhat more painlessly I think she reaches those little caps and obliterates them then the LED really works better on the heeling and collagen.

In the interest of honesty and fairness I do want to say that I purchased my AnteAge myself then scouted a source for the solution. When I saw the amazing results I was having I sent my pictures to the Company. Dr.George got back to me and sent me a package of the products to use. Regardless , I will continue to use the products and will pay for them and would have repurchased them at my own expense, without or with Dr. George's benovelance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
rubygrace wrote:
Hi all- a quick question regarding redness and broken capillaries on the face (around the nose, cheeks and chin)...I am absolutely plagued by mine, they are the reason I wear a full face of foundation every day, and were caused by my love of manual exfoliation and over-zealous scrubbing over the years( I know, I know...) Sad

Has anyone had ANY success with treatments other than lasers? I've heard so many horror stories about people being left with burns and pitted scarring after IPL and Yag treatments (from highly qualified and prestigious derms I might add) that I'm terrified of going anywhere near them

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss as to what to do...

I have a lot of redness and broken caps around nose. Winter is the worst I am able to conceal with makeup. I prefer mineral makeup foundation.

Skin care products make a huge difference and avoiding things that cause flushing.

The Derminator has a lot of feedback here. Personally I would prefer laser. I am going to do my research and save my money for it. No google deals for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I'm not an expert, but what works for me: I have taken to dermaneedling with distilled water for slippage . Immediately after I shower letting the water and a cloth take all the blood away after I blot my face I use AnteAGE microneedeling solution, then my Led, followed with a mix I make of LLA vitamin c in distilled water and RetinA. More AA solution then the AA serum and accelerater. The next day I roll on more of the microneedeling solution followed by led then the products, then the colostrum cream made by Fawnie. Aa solution before bed LEDs AA products Colostrum. I resume estriol on the 3rd night and retin a , Vit C , AA products, colostrum .etc.
Personally and because of the rapidity of results my friend has gotten, I think the derminators ability to work more accurately and somewhat more painlessly I think she reaches those little caps and obliterates them then the LED really works better on the heeling and collagen.

May I ask what depth needle do you use and how often?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
My friend is using the Derminator on hers ans is really pleased with the results. She used the 1.5 setting. Hers were on her face not on her nose. I would think that might be too deep on the nose. She also used it on a spider vein in her leg and it's also gone. She uses the red LED light after the needeling.
I'm using it also and it is a pretty remarkable device. Their are a few threads on here about it.

Hi RubyGrace,

RMC7 alerted me to your inquiry regarding broken caps as I'm the one using the Derminator to successfully eradicate the two little ones on my face (just to the left of my nose) and a few on my legs.

I'm very fair and generally have really good skin but hated having to put foundation on to cover the caps. I have no idea how/why they appeared unless, as you noted, too aggressive exfoliation. I researched lasers and even made an appointment to go in for a consultation but I was concerned about any residual after effects.

Since I had invested in the Derminator (BEST advice EVER from my friend RMC), I decided to see if needling would break them up. Per the book RMC has (Setterfield) he mentions this could help them re-absorb.

My first treatment, with the Derminator, I was pretty agressive and used 1.5mm in that area. After the initial redness subsided (2 days) the caps were about 80% lighter!! I was elated!

The following month, I did the same thing and today there is no evidence, whatsoever, of the caps....I did my legs as well and same result (gone!). I used the 1mm setting on my legs. I agree with RMC, I think a 1.5mm for nose would be a bit too much, but I would think .5mm - 1mm would work. The ones on my face would've probably been gone using a lower setting but since I'm using the Derminator to induce collagen, I just went for it using the 1.5mm.

I use my DPL light panels on my face/neck almost every night and definitely try to do 2-3 sessions the next few days after I derminate.

I don't think the caps disappeared due to increased collagen as the results were seen within 2-3 days and I believe it would take longer for the collagen building to take place, but it should help keep them away......I'm hoping.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:

Usually 1-1.5 on my face where it's fleshy, also at my lip line. Lesser over bony areas and eyes. 1mm on neck. Monthly.
I started .25 PP hoping I could do that 3x a week but I was to aggressive , made to many passes and caused peeling. I'm going to try that with a more conservative hand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the good information, rmc7!

The AnteAGE isn't in my budget but maybe I can find a similar product with some of the ingredients.

I'm not familiar with LLA. What does it stand for? Would you share the amounts of C and A?

I am surprised that you roll again the following day. You are talking about roll with 1 or 1.5 needles initially?

I'm always surprised how quickly my face does heal after it looks like someone beat the s@*t out of me.

I just finish 2 rolls six weeks apart with the derminator and it takes around 3 nights before I'm presentable to go out. I was really wicked to any wrinkle lines as I used a single needle until I achieved a nice red line. Imagine eyes with whiskers and a droopy lines from my nose to past my mouth and another line between my eyes!

Does your friend get close to her nostrils? That's where my spider veins are the worst.

Thanks again!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Thanks for all the good information, rmc7!

I am surprised that you roll again the following day. You are talking about roll with 1 or 1.5 needles initially?
Does your friend get close to her nostrils? That's where my spider veins are the worst.

Thanks again!

I'm sorry, I think my post was unclear. I don't roll the next day. I do only 1 Needeling a month at 1-1.5. It's not for a few weeks that I even try to do product penetration. But I do an enzyme peel about 7 days after the big one.
The LLA is L Ascorbic acid. I dissolve 1/4 tsp in an oz . Of distilled water, mix that with my RetinA. I'm not sure how close JenJ gets to her nostrils. But I do 1mm there with no problem when I do my NLs .
We really are a hot mess afterwards! LOL ! My DH freaked out the first time he saw me all bloody and smiling, I must have looked like I just stepped out of a horror movie!

Reading JenJs post again, she does get close to her nose. Thats were the caps were, along the side.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I read some older posts that members are saying they have also had good results with the Tria home laser on caps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
denisiel wrote:

Usually 1-1.5 on my face where it's fleshy, also at my lip line. Lesser over bony areas and eyes. 1mm on neck. Monthly.
I started .25 PP hoping I could do that 3x a week but I was to aggressive , made to many passes and caused peeling. I'm going to try that with a more conservative hand.

Thanks rmc7! It's so helpful to know what depths and products others are using.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2015 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I have just started using Helichrysum italicum (I bought a 2.5 ml bottle), I read fantastic things about it and have been using a lot of oils in my skincare this year. Will post if I have any success with this one and capillaries.

Did anybody try this one or some other essential oils?

I also read that people had a lot of success with creams for bruises like arnicare...
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2015 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tell me more about this "derminator." How often do you use it? Does it hurt? How long does your face stay red? TIA
havana8

Mon May 18, 2015 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
Tell me more about this "derminator." How often do you use it? Does it hurt? How long does your face stay red? TIA

Here's the Derminator thread:

The Derminator
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52151
LuluOnBeauty

Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! It may be the horror stories are just that, only stories that have lived on and on. Technology is so different and advance then even 3 or 4 years ago. Unless you have talked to a person who "owns" the horror story, I would say maybe to be skeptical. I recently had some laser, not IPL, treatments and they were nice of enough to give me sample zap of the IPL on an age spot so that I could see how it feels, I was afraid of the snap, and to see the stages of the age spot changing. It would take three treatments but at least they wanted me to experience it so I could make my decision based on my own reality. Rather than doing a full face, ask them if they could just do a section to see how you react. Good luck!
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I had laser on facial caps years ago & STILL have an indentation on my chin from it. (was an Aura I believe) Will NEVER do laser again!

Dermarolling is starting to reduce it though & after one round the caps on my face are just about gone & some are completely! Not as good of luck though with my legs which are a mess! Sad
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:

Here's the Derminator thread:

The Derminator
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52151

Thanks.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2015 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using a Dermaroller for years (1mm)
but I have not tried it directly on a cap.
Do you roll in all directions on the capillary or
try to get a needle into it?
Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |