Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best program for reducing facial asymmetry?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Which would you recommend to reduce this? My lips, cheeks, jaws and eye are a little asymmetrical (as well as my nose but I don't think exercises will fix that hehe)
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Essentialdayspabro

Okay there are a few things here worth noting. For one there isn’t a “one” best program for anyone goal or person because each program has different targets and works with different techniques. Often times you will find programs have similar exercises for some muscle groupings, but they may have different rep recommendations or different counts that the program creator has found more effective in their experience.

With something like symmetry, it is really important to first examine what has cause there to be an imbalance. Often times there are differences with the sides of the face and body. One side seems to respond faster than the other, and that’s true for most people. Things like sleeping on one side, and often times (without people realising it) they use one side of their face more for expressions, chewing etc all have an impact. So its helpful to look first to see if any of these are playing a role in the cause of it.

Symmetry takes time to correct because often its been caused by many years of neglect of one side and over use of another, so it is really a matter of unlearning any bad habits (i.e. overusing one side) and starting to build up the mind/muscle connection on the weaker or less responsive side.

Sean

essentialdayspabro wrote:
Which would you recommend to reduce this? My lips, cheeks, jaws and eye are a little asymmetrical (as well as my nose but I don't think exercises will fix that hehe)

5% products discount

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I agree and i'm am currently doing what you advise so as not to make it any worse, i am considering doing either facerise or ageless if you dare, i see that facerise has a nose slimming program, do you think that may make a nose more symmetrical, or is it only for slimming the nose?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Both are good programs.

With the Nose Slimmer Exercise from Facercise - whilst its called nose slimmer because its supposed to help the nose from continue to lengthen, I'm always encouraging people to set targets and experiment. So maybe it can improve the symmetry of your nose - but I suspect you may need to incorporate other techniques like massage for example alongside that.
essentialdayspabro wrote:
I agree and i'm am currently doing what you advise so as not to make it any worse, i am considering doing either facerise or ageless if you dare, i see that facerise has a nose slimming program, do you think that may make a nose more symmetrical, or is it only for slimming the nose?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Facial asymmetry is often due to underdevelopment of the boney structures of the face, esp. the midface. A permanent fix would be a nighttime functional orthodontic appliance (a type of retainer) which can, to a degree, correct asymmetry. It can also straighten teeth, create better cheekbones, realign the lower jaw and help breathing problems like sleep apnea.

Homeoblock and the DNA Appliance are two types of this appliance. You wear them for about 12 hours in the evening/overnight and they gently expand the palate, which triggers bone growth. Changes happen pretty fast- you can generally see a difference within just a couple of months.

Homeoblock and their sister site NuSmile Facelift have a lot of before and after pictures of asymmetry being corrected. There is a blog (dnasmiles.blogspot.com) of a lady using the DNA and her asymmetry has definitely improved, as well as the overall look of her teeth.

The drawback is price- these appliances cost as much as special braces.
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I may be getting invisalign with a retainer to wear at nighttime ( to prevent teeth grinding), would that type of retainer suffice?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |