Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Acne at 20
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gr_0711

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Firstly - this is my first time in the forum and my apologies if this is the wrong forum room to post it, but I am really of some good and tried out remedy pls.

My girl, 20, fair skin, had beautiful clear skin and for the past 6 weeks, has developed acne really fast and bad. New painful pimples, scars have covered her forehead and is spreading to her cheeks and her chin and nose.

Can someone please share their exp. on what they have used to tackle similar problems pls. She does have super sensitive skin.

Personally - for more than 15 years, I have used Nu-Derm Obagi and love it.

I am not sure if she can use the same.

Crying or Very sad
andrewjohn1317

Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:08 am      Reply with quote
First of all you don't Suggest any Cream for your Face.You should go to Dermatologist any ask them her problem . its best way

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm 30 and I still occasionally suddenly get acne. Most of the time, it's the result of the kind of food I've been eating, how stressed I happen to be and how much sleep I have been getting. If my body is unbalanced and stressed on the inside, it shows on the outside. The causes behind your daughter's acne may be different so I'd suggest that she see a dermatologist to pinpoint what might be giving rise to hers.

For me, whenever I get an outbreak, I just ask the dermatologist to refill 2 prescriptions - Clindamycin (lotion form) and Differin (gel form). When used together, they have proven to be extremely effective for me and my acne generally clears up after 1-2 weeks. I received prescriptions for them about 10 years ago and have repeatedly gone back to them to quickly clear up sudden outbreaks. Clindamycin is an antibacterial agent that works on possible infections/inflammation and Differin dries out the pores. Both will make your skin extra-sensitive (may even sting a bit) so be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer and sunscreen while on the regimen.

It's also important to stay away from inflammation-causing foods (fried foods, junk food, fast food, sugary foods, etc) and try to drink plenty of water and get adequate sleep. That should all help calm the body (and consequently, the skin) down.

Getting acne when you're not a teenager is definitely no fun. Hope your daughter's issue clears up soon! Let us know what ends up working for her.
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2015 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree that she should see a doctor to diagnose what kind of acne it is and see if she has any underlying health issue (e.g., polycystic ovarian syndrome). She could just be a 'late bloomer' in terms of teenage acne.

I have a family member who recently had success with typical teenage acne using:
AM - Alba Acnedote Toner, Sunscreen (Neutrogena Clear Face or Alba Very Emollient)
PM - Alba Acnedote Toner, Acne.org Glycolic Acid Lotion.
She also started taking Nordic Naturals kids vitamin gummies. After about 3 weeks her skin cleared and she became more outgoing and talkative.

My major food trigger is dairy - especially non-fermented cheeses like cottage cheese, ricotta and mozzarella. I've had some success in the past with borage oil supplements and I've started taking them again for my peri-menopausal cystic acne vulgaris and acne rosacea. Too soon to tell if it is working.
Lisiana
5% products discount

Tue May 26, 2015 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Go to dermatologist otherwise use dermatologists recommended product I know one that is Zeroblem. It is a dermatologist-developed spot treatment product designed to clear up breakouts quickly by intensively targeting and healing unsightly, sore blemishes. It Removes dead skin cells, dirt, and impurities from deep inside of pores that can result in clogging and painful skin eruptions, bumps, and redness.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |